1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Dec 27, 2017.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Why take Lacazette off? He's not scored in 4 games, only has 8 goals so far this season and needs more. Also, we need to hammer up our GD. Very poor decision to take him off.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Need to defend properly here. Palace are creating some chances now.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Maitland-Niles on <ok>

4. BrunelGooner

Bringing Coquelin on kills off any impetus we have going forwards. We naturally retreat and teams put pressure on us.

We should have brought Walcott on to peg them back. His pace and running will frighten them, so they'll be less inclined to push so many men forward in the chance we'll hit them on the break.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

6. BrunelGooner

3-2 now. Brilliant...

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Phew. We hung on at the end there. Made it unnecessarily nervy for ourselves at the end, but 3 points away from home and job done <ok>

8. excel

excel Active Member

8 million a year and his team are p--s poor at defending,where else would you get it.

9. BrunelGooner

Glad to get the win, Palace aren't an easy side to play at the moment (remember they did beat Chelsea at Selhurst Park), but we were in control of that game and the substitutions/lack of focus almost cost us getting all three points.

It should have been far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, but after what they did to us earlier this year, I'm delighted to not have had a repeat of that performance.

Off to the Hawthorns next!

PINKIE likes this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep good win and an important 3 points. Keeps us level with the Spuds and knocking on the door for top 4.
    Our defending was suspect again, but we've become used to that. Positives from this game though were seeing Wilshere putting in a proper PL performance again. He's looking like he might be a phoenix from the flames, as it looked as though his Arsenal career was finished. Great seeing Sanchez score two superb goals, but **** we are going to miss him barring a miracle and he stays.

BrunelGooner likes this.

11. BrunelGooner

I am concerned about us defensively, but we do have enough quality going forward to get us through most games. However, it seems like our defence seems to be getting worse each season, which isn't good. We need someone or something to shore us up.

People may laugh at Liverpool signing Van Dijk for £75m, but he's a very good centre-back that will walk straight into their first team and give them some much needed leadership at the back.

We definitely need to be in the market for a proper defensive midfielder.

Some good news though - Wilshere said he's close to signing a new deal with us. Every cloud...

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Very pleased about Wilshere. He's always had the talent, but injuries have held him back. He looks like he's getting back to the player we all thought he would become <ok>

Defensively, where do you start ? We have some quality defenders, Koscielnely, Bellerin, Monreal, Kolasinac. Chambers and Mustafi are decent enough too. But we do not seem to have any kind of defensive plan or ability to just sure up the basics of defending. Simple things like stopping players from making a cross, or having a player on the post when we're defending a corner. These are simple issues to rectify and yet season in season out we have the same problems.

I can only put it down to the coaching. I thought bringing Steve Bould in as a defensive coach was supposed to address these issues, but is he even allowed to coach them as he wants ? Because Bould would never have committed some of those basic errors alongside Adams, Dixon and Winterburn.

I would have liked to have seen us sign VVD as he's a quality CB and he's a leader. £75m is a lot of beans, but that is the going rate I suppose.

13. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Sanchez had arguably his best game this Season. Just in time for the January window the ****ing C**NT

Wilshere was excellent also. A solid 8/10 for him.

Our defence though were piss poor unfortunately - soo easy to score against.

14. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The cynical side of me was thinking the same thing. Hope it was more a form thing and not him trying to attract attention from outside.

TheBear likes this.
  15. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Er. You all ignored me yeah?

afcftw likes this.
  16. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

The way Wilshere is playing at the moment he doesnt derisive to loose his place when Ramsey returns. That assist for our third goal was sublime.

I think it should be between Xhaka and Ramsey for the spot next to Wilshere.

PINKIE likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep agree with this. Ramsey should get the nod, but that would mean Jack sitting deeper when I think his best role is as a no10

18. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

None of the three of them are good enough to play centre mid in a 5-2-3 for a club as big as ours.

Just because a turd smells better than two others doesn't mean it shouldn't still get flushed down the toilet.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Okay given our current options, who should play in there ?

20. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Fabregas and Wanyama