1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Crouch and Palacios/Deadline Day thread

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Sgt
    I'm off now mate but... IF T.P. doesn't sign anyone.. I WARNED that I would slaughter T.P. And there's Nick. Oh, and don't forget Mighty Huth. <whistle>

2. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

And now we're trying for Bellamy. Yeh that'll happen!!!

Our transfer team are as inept as Rob Dorsett!!!!

3. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

Just been down to Clayton Wood with the kids. Plenty of fans there but not much happening. Just before we left, the club doctor, the physio, Scholes and Rudgie all left in two cars. I wonder where they're going, or who they're going to see...

4. Swervyhoof

Swervyhoof Member

27/08/2011 09:09 AM #2 Swervyhoof
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles
    Achievements:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level:9
    Extremely disappointed, unless there are genuine rabbits to be pulled from the hat,
    I do not believe that we ever have a coherent strategy going into a window. We seem to be the only club who has no idea as to what a players likely demands are going to be, meaning we waste weeks chasing players that we have no hope of signing.
    By all means, don't pay over the odds, but do a little research first.
    I still stiock by my line of a few days ago - we will actually sign nobody.

Re the above - this is what I posted several days ago. How I hate to be proved right.
    If you want to witness a clear example of how not to do things, contact Tony Scholes, and Tony Pulis.
    We really will be looking at signing squad fillers, nothing more.
    If I operated in such a haphazard manner as Mr Scoles and Pulis have done with regard to this transfer window, I would be down at the Labour Exchange tomorrow.
    KTF!

5. binge-on-beer

binge-on-beer Member

Somethings got to be wrong with stoke wage structure if everybody in the prem league and championship is signing players except us. Why didn't we have a sniff at beckford, surely he'd prefer prem football than living off curry in the championship. I suspect Redknapp is going to stall the palacious/crotch/defoe/jenas deal and at last minute demand huth be thrown in.:steam: :steam: :emoticon-0107-sweat:emoticon-0107-sweat

6. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

BBC Radio Stoke understand that Jenas is currently having talks with Stoke City at the club's Clayton Wood training ground.

and

Sky report that according to Spurs, Crouch is on his way to Stoke and that Stoke is his only choice.

So, Crouch, Palacios, Jenas and Jerome doesn't look too bad if it all comes off.

7. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

So good I said it twice...

8. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

Erm, there seems to be a lot of traffic on here as my laptop keeps crashing. Hopefully this will only post once:

It appears that Radio Stoke made a cock up and got Jermaine Jenas and Cameron Jerome muddled up!!

9. StokieSmit

StokieSmit Member

Aaagghhh!!! Double vision!!

10. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fuk Jerome off! If our whole transfer window has come down to him, I have even less faith in TcP than I did before - If that is fookin possible!

11. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Crouch on his way up to Stoke for talks. He set off at midday. Sky Sports News saying it's Stoke or nobody.

12. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

@MirrorFootball
    MirrorFootball
    We're hearing Peter Crouch to Stoke is done. Good job, they really needed some height in that team...

@reluctantnicko
    Alan Nixon
    Crouch signing for Stoke. Whoop di feekin do.

13. Pottermouth 328

Re posting twice.. it's this site lads... problems with it.. I've done it...

Smither's <ok> Too little too effin late PULIS WHY?

14. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Crouch has agreed terms. He still needs to sort out his loyalty bonus before he can have his medical. Jerome close to signing. I reckon we're waiting to see if Crouch signs before announcing Palacios.

Stoke's ESPN correspondent and a journo from The Sun says we could try for Wayne Bridge on a loan deal.

15. Pottermouth 328

Sgt and rest of the lads on here...
    I have TRIED to post a new thread... re Site Problems.. just spent a good half hour and eventually got back on here.
    Site to close down at 1:00am Thursday morning for around half an hour.

I'm trying to be patient Sgt re: Palacios,Jerome and Crouch but.. Jesus WHY do we always leave it too late?

16. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

please log in to view this image
    Crouch is having his medical.

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Club photographer has arrived. Raced down through the car park. Photo for the web for Crouch? #SCFC

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Looks like Crouch's signature is imminent. Lots of movement now. Keep me informed if you hear anything. Great atmosphere down here #SCFC

Talk from The Sun and the BBC that we're trying to get Tim Cahill!!

17. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

please log in to view this image
    Crouch is having his medical.

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Club photographer has arrived. Raced down through the car park. Photo for the web for Crouch? #SCFC

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Looks like Crouch's signature is imminent. Lots of movement now. Keep me informed if you hear anything. Great atmosphere down here #SCFC

Talk from The Sun and the BBC that we're trying to get Tim Cahill!!

18. neo_dave

neo_dave Member

Impressed with the names flying around so far - looks like it could finish as Palacios/ Crouch/ Jerome/ Cahill.

If we signed those how amazing would this night be????? TP may be seen in a new light y all of us at the end of tonight!

19. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

SSN - Rob Dorsett has said Stoke are confident we have sent off paperwork in time.