1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Crazy transfer fees!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Salah's-left-foot, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

Whats with the ridiculous transfer fees <yikes>

Falcao for £52million
    Cavani for £55million
    Illaremendi for £34million
    Vidal for £36million
    Fernandinho for £30million
    Marquinhos for £27million (19 years old!)
    Negredo for £20million+
    Navas for £24million

Money is seriously ruining football right now, we've had our fair share of dubious transfer fees but this is getting out of hand, the worst thing is when the players join clubs who they didn't even know til a few years ago!

Something has to give, FFP is not going to work at this rate.

Also want to add the careers ruined by Chelsea, that impressive midfielder (20 years old or something?) is now going to sit on his backside or play for the reserves instead of reaching his potential.

These teams already have a lot of players they can shift but choose to spend more and its just beyond crazy.

What are you thoughts about this topic?

2. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

When you look at that list the Torres 50m and Carroll 35m fees look even worse.

It's our money too we buy ppv and shirts and all other manner of ****.

You'll find that if the uptake of ppv drops right off and people stop buying all the other stuff you'll see transfer fees and wages drop off significantly

3. Sauerkraut Inia

Sauerkraut Inia Well-Known Member

Its not the clubs fault that players careers are being ruined it is the players as they are just being greedy. I also think that clubs who can afford it buy players for a number of reasons other than playing, AC Milan did it in the 80s where they just simply bought players so other teams did not have them. It is not a case of strengthening their squad but weakening the others

4. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Neymar
    Isco
    Thiago
    Mkhitaryan
    Gotze

All went for well over 20mill too.
    Other than the Italian sides (except maybe Roma) the big European leagues are splashing out in record style this summer. I have nothing against sides spending what they can afford from earnings (United, Bayern, Dortmund and Arsenal) but can't abide the money cheat teams. I'm beginning to doubt if FFP will actually do anything though.

5. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

With Torres we was on the receiving end, with Carroll atleast we had used the money from the Torres deal! Very true about stuff but doubt it would happen and if our transfer/wages dropped any more (for Liverpool) then I dread to think where we'd end up! If you mean football as a whole I guess I agree on that but with PSG, City, Monaco and Chelsea, I reckon they'd carry on spending.

Who can blame, for example, Marquinhos? He's 19 years old and been offered a multi-million pound contract, he's taking a step up from Roma, a team which rarely reaches the latter stages of the CL to PSG who are trying to win it (although it could be a long time til they win it!).

There is a fine line where the clubs have to take responsibility. When Chelsea came in for Gerrard all those years back, the amount he was being offered was big, however had that time been now, the wage would have been significantly higher and may have crossed the line between loyalty and then just every man for himself sort of attitude.

Forgot about them, I agree about the spending what they earn sentiments, I love the 'project' Dortmund are 'building' and trying to complete their own 'jigsaw' (see what I did there? <yikes>).

Surprised by the lack of replies in this thread, would have thought it would have been a topic of high interest/concern.

6. Jimmy Case's Bootlaces

Jimmy Case's Bootlaces Active Member

I've just heard that Rooney's transfer fee to Chelsea is rumoured to be 75 grans. :)

7. moreinjuredthanowen

look at the purchasing clubs... monaco, city and psg... all rich billionaires wanting to play.... its utterly out of control. the smart club sells to them for the vast fee and laughs... I would contend that if suarez had not bit ivanovic he would have finsihed with the golden boot and would have gone for 60mil already.

20mil is an average fee now but the player better be good not a journey man like downing.

its not only fees the wages associated dwarf the fees.

8. Style

Style 'where is the love'

That was his wage request <ok>

9. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Transfer fees and wages are ridiculous, you can have a 19 year old earn in a year what ill earn in my life time. I think it has a detrimental effect on the support of a club and the league. How many people get to a certain age and just lose interest. Its no longer the game you grew up with.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

City spent close to 100 million already and still buying.<ok>

11. moreinjuredthanowen

they are transient. the clubs that dig in and decide that those players are just that 11 men you can buy and sell and replace as long as your core is STRONG.you can be competitive..... the croe has to be directors, coaches, scouting and structures.

12. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

People talk about Monaco as if they're Accrington Stanley. They're a pretty successful club within the context of French* football

Also, the Vidal transfer hasn't happened yet, has it?

*And Monegasque, of course...

13. I agree, Monaco are as big as PSG and were in a CL final in 2004. People question them because they were in the French second tier last season.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

monaco are monaco. they are onto themselves. now they are even richer and so the whole of france is now unbalanced... PSG won't even bother turning up to half thier games and will stil lwin the thing while monaco will be mad as a hatter type side.

I am fairly sure there is one thing that no money can buy and thats team spirit and co-operation. When the chips were down city were nowhere..... cheslea have fallen apart time and again since mourinho left and i cannot see these sides throwing cash about doing any better

LFC's problem is it is in a bigger league with 5 rivals for 4 slots.... psg can assure CL without even blinking. It took city 4 years to crack it.

15. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I question them because they got an average attendance of 14,000 last year...