1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic COVID GOOD NEIGHBOUR THREAD

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DMD, Mar 23, 2020.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Just reading a few comments from people concerned about family and friends they're apart from, and others feeling isolated and I thought it could help if there was a support thread.

Use this thread if you need a favour or an errand. Maybe someone on the board is able to help or point at a support group.

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I’ve just siphoned the petrol out of three of the neighbours cars. Prettty sure they’re the type to ignore any ban.

seems a shame to pour it away ....

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  3. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Anyone in hu7 area who wants any shopping or their dog taking for a walk,let me know

4. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

That night not be an option shortly .... I've been delivering all last week and I think the measures being out in place will stop movement, even when doing good will gestures unless sanctioned by the Council. Maybe I interpreted it incorrectly

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Boris says you can, as long as you're sensible. Dog walking can be exercise for both of you. <ok>

dennisboothstash likes this.
  6. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

One exercise a day as suggested, though your delivery looks like it will have to stop to reduce passing on to others even if inadvertently.
    We need to not look for reasons to get round the guidance just follow them

dennisboothstash, FER ARK and DMD like this.
  7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I hope the lack of requests on this thread is a sign that everyone is okay, rather than people being afraid to ask.

Don't forget, while we're all doing our bit in self isolating, some people will feel bad that they're not directly involved, so if you can find ways of keeping them involved remotely, it could help them feel they're contributing to solving the problem. It could also get them away from the doom and gloom that the telly is liable to be full of. <ok>

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

dennisboothstash likes this.
  9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

10. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

My next door neighbour is alone in his 70’s. Loves his gardening. I’ve spent the morning giving him a hand

615E4370-3AC1-450D-B3A3-152E15EB82C7.jpeg

tigers1970, Plum and Chazz Rheinhold like this.

11. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Ron Burguvdy likes this.
  12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Your NHS needs you! Join our team today.
    NHS Volunteer Responders has been set up to support the NHS during the COVID-19 outbreak. To do this we need an 'army' of volunteers who can support the 1.5m people in England who are at most risk from the virus to stay well. Our doctors, nurses and other professionals will be able to refer people in to NHS Volunteer Responders and be confident that they have been matched with a reliable, named volunteer.

You can help by signing up for one or more of the tasks listed below. Once you have registered and checks are complete you will be provided a log-in to the GoodSAM Responder app. Switch the app to 'on duty', and you'll see live and local volunteer tasks to pick from nearby.

This programme enables volunteers to provide care or to help a vulnerable person, which is permitted under the new rules announced by the Government on 23rd March 2020. Volunteers may be asked to show the active task they are responding to if asked.

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Kempton and Howden Tigress like this.
  13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I have a consignment of disposable latex gloves, 100 to a box, large size. Hearing these are as scarce as a City victory at the moment. If anyone is in need of any please send me a pm.

Kempton, Howden Tigress, Plum and 2 others like this.
  14. dennisboothstash

Some great stuff going on online for isolated people
    My Mum has been to see Snake Davis a few times live (sax player from South Bank...bloody good too) and she got an email from him, as he must have had her email from buying tickets previously, and he sent her an invite for a live online gig from his home.
    She loved it.

15. dennisboothstash

16. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

I hope he asked you how tall you are so he doesn't need to unduly strain himself later. :emoticon-0107-sweat

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

More than 170,000 volunteers sign up to support NHS just hours after Government call for 'army' of helpers

National Medical Director of NHS England Stephen Powis said he was "bowled over" by the response.

Who is being asked to join?
    People in good health are being asked to join the national effort to ensure vulnerable people are safe and well at home and to support local services.

How many people are needed?
    At least a quarter of a million.

What are volunteers being asked to do?
    As many as 1.5 million vulnerable people across England have been instructed to “shield” themselves from society to ensure they do not get the virus.

The volunteers will help ensure these people have vital supplies such as food and medicines.

They may also be asked to drive people to appointments or make regular phone calls to those in isolation.

What about local schemes already in place?
    These people are not intended to replace local schemes already set up to help the vulnerable, but to provide additional assistance to the NHS.

The National Care Force has also been launched as a platform to connect volunteers to local care homes in need of support.

How will we know who needs help?
    GPs, doctors, pharmacists, nurses, midwives, NHS 111 advisers and social care staff will all be able to request help for at-risk patients through a call centre run by the Royal Voluntary Service, which will match people who need help with volunteers who live near them.

How can they join?
    Members of the public can sign up at goodsamapp.org/NHS

18. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Seemingly Mourinho has been out delivering food orders and parcels in North London.... good on him..

Howden Tigress likes this.
  19. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

I’ve signed up - **** knows what I can offer or do, but I’m in!!
    B7D48585-3999-44B4-B7A3-25734A35E750.png

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  20. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I'm really frustrated. I've got enhanced DBS but we don't require annual renewal so my latest one is more than a year old. It rejected me. Which is stupid. I've got 2 large Volvos and could deliver medicines, people whatever.