1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

**** the science. What do they know?

Right Said Fred much better source of info.

2. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Why do I need to know or care if 100 strangers have had the vaccine, are vulnerable etc.? I know that I have had the vaccine, everyone in my household has had it, my partner and everyone in her household and family has had it and everyone I work with on a daily basis has had it. That's good enough for me. Personally, I don't need to know or care if 100 strangers have had it. It's called personal responsibility. I wouldn't wipe 100 strangers' arses or brush their teeth for them either.

3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

What? That's the conundrum isn't it? Because, you can't tell me and that's entirely the point.

You could second guess it and go by age, but then, that's so tenuous it's almost pointless.

The "risk" that you're weighing up is completely bollocks, because you have no idea of the factors of every individual you come across. You have no idea if every one of them is infected, jabbed or whatever, you're just assuming that because so many are jabbed, it's alright. So when you "weigh up the risks", all you're doing is telling yourself it's fine because you're assuming everybody around you is protected and that isn't the case. What's worse is that there's a high likelihood most of the people around you are thinking the exact same thing.

If it's 85% of the adult population, that leaves around 10m adults not vaccinated. And where are they? They're not all in once place, are they? And what about children? Children might not suffer (well, according to the current statistics, but there are exceptions like I mentioned), but they transmit the virus just like anybody else and they don't take the same measures we do because they don't have to.

4. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

OK, %age of +ve's vs tests:
    France 1% based on 450k tests population 68m
    Spain 2% 71k tests pop 47m
    Portugal 1% 50k tests 10m
    Italy <1% 300k tests 60m
    Belgium 4% 50k tests 12m
    Germany 6% 130k tests 80m
    Netherlands, couldn't find out how many tests.
    UK 4% 900k tests 67m

I said Morocco had banned flights to/from UK, I didn't mention they'd also banned Germany and the Netherlands.

Whichever way you slice or dice it we're not doing that well. And if other countries decide to ban us that's a pain in the arse and it doesn't matter if we think they've misinterpreted the data because we're still banned.
    If my xmas holiday in Cyprus is cancelled because they ban Brits I'll be out on the streets with a machete looking for covid deniers, anti vaxxers and anti maskers. :emoticon-0105-wink:

5. Steven Toast

And that right there is exactly my point. On. The. Nose.

Because you're not alone. Nobody gives a ****. Which is why this isn't going to go away.

6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

My work colleagues Dad died from COVID 2 months ago. He was double jabbed.

7. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

No mate. That’s ridiculous

Positive tests verses actual tests - not by population. That’s anti maths lol

8. Steven Toast

Sorry to hear that pal. Like I said, it's not the golden ticket people are making it out to be.

I wonder if some are confusing the term "vaccine" with the word "cure".

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  9. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

And I'll refer to my point, if some ****wit refuses to get the vaccine because they think it causes autism or implants a microchip and then they get covid and die, that is their fault, not mine, not yours, not the NHS'. You could argue that it is also the fault of the media and bogus sources online, but not the average person's who they may happen to cross paths with without realising.

Some people don't wear their seatbelt in a car or a helmet when riding a motorbike. Unlike vaccines, that's actually against the law, and they still do it. And it's still their fault if they die or get injured in a collision.

10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what it is. A fortnight ago we we went to the MEN to watch Gerry Cinnamon. Expecting there to be ticket and COVID pass checks. No COVID pass checks at all - inside the MEN, no masks at all. It has been totally forgotten about. They wonder why the numbers are now going the wrong way?

Steven Toast likes this.

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

That's what you've got. France 1% +ve based on 450k tests, and so on. Rough maths but good enough. Population figures there for context.

12. Steven Toast

Yes, I agree, antivax is a real danger and frankly I'm stunned (though not really) that those higher up haven't taken more steps to clamp down on it when they're quite happy to slap comedians for hate speech.

When they were doing the whole 5G is causing Covid thing, it should have been shut down there and then. But it wasn't. And it got out of hand. These marches with ****wits like that nurse who's blown a fuse, who stand on stage and talk **** should be stood up to and disproved, live on air. Invite them to a debate, get them in a room with actual scientists, live on TV and just gut them like a ****ing fish so that they aren't as inclined to spread their malicious bullshit ever again.

Help!, captaintigerrobin and Kalman like this.
  13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

A gun seems very tame. Couldn't you blow on them and infect them with the world's deadliest disease?

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  14. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I don't think censoring these idiots would do much good as it would just give credence to their conspiracy theories that they're being coerced and silenced. But I like the idea of putting them on national television alongside a leading virologist and having them dismantle their ridiculous ideas in front of millions of people watching at home.

Idi Amin likes this.
  15. Steven Toast

please log in to view this image

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

One in four people offered the jab in Hull haven’t had it, I find that both disappointing and depressing.

17. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

No because I haven't got it and anyway I'd be wearing my mask.

Also a machete isn't a gun, just saying like.

DMD likes this.
  18. Steven Toast

Oh no, don't censor them. Get them on stage, with a recognised, leading virologist or epidemiologist and have a proper debate, with sources provided for each claim, taking turns to answer commonly asked questions. It would be both the most boring and exciting television ever made.

Kalman likes this.
  19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Can we at least shoot Laurence Fox?

Help! and brownbagtiger like this.
  20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I ****ed up again didn't I? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Plum likes this.