1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coughlan's post match interview

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Anyone else hear this on Radio Bristol after the game from Coughlan? Its not in the post match interview on our OS. So if you didn't hear his interview on the radio then you may not have heard this.

Question: What are you looking for in the window? Numbers or quality?

GC answers: "I would take 11 players after today, that’s not me being funny. Not one player that can expect to hold onto a jersey, there is not one player who can knock on my door or complain. But what I will do is take the wrap for it, once and only once. Because I am not having it. I am not putting my name to that. They can blame it on me, they can get in their little huddles, get in their cars or whatever the modern-day footballer does these days, go on social media. Blame it on me not a problem, I will accept it. But I will except it once, I will stand in front of the media and the fans once, but once only. You see what that dressing room did to the last manager here that dressing room drove the last manager absolutely bonkers. I am not letting them do that to me."

This is a major worry for me and lets out info that DC probably did lose the dressing room and already the players may have had enough of GC!!

We are in deep trouble.

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Have to say that was the worst performance I think I have seen in a very long time, we missed Liam Sercombe and if the players have caught on that there is no one coming in then they wont bother to play

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Coughlan was once one of our's as you know and he was really honest as a player and well thought of at Home Park. When I read stuff like the above about players apparently not playing for a Manager or putting in a half hearted shift this absolutely pee's me off. Even in league one they are fairly well paid for their efforts and the fact that any worker can just turn up and do as little as possible without being in the crap is just wrong. Not that I care much for Man U but I think those players on hundreds of thousands pretty much did the same to Jose Mourinho. If you or I did something similar we would be well and truely sacked. I get sick and tired of players having all of the power. Whatever they do performance wise they still get paid and if you sack them then you have to pay up their contract even when everyone knows they do not deserve any of it. It's time they joined the rest of the workers in this country and had to perform properly to get paid. You can forgive mistakes and you can forgive things not coming off when they try. What you can't forgive is when they don't give a monkeys and give the paying public who give them their wages nothing back. He won't get thanked in his dressing room for public criticism of staff but it's their own fault and they should be man enough to take a long hard look at themselves.

5. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Reading that doesn't really instill too much enthusiasm for purchasing a ticket for the next game does it ? I have witnessed some insipid performances over the last few years or so as I guess we all have but Saturday's game was probably up there with the worst, carry on like that for the rest of this season and we will surely be taking the wooden spoon from this league.

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

It has been unfortunate that during our good run of results under GC, other teams around us have also been picking up points to keep us in the bottom 4.

7. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Dropped too many points at home this season and that will be the doing for us I am afraid, you have now got to look at the league and see if there are four teams worse than the Rovers....hard isn't it ?

8. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I thought that there were a few decent performances on Saturday Bonham J Clarke were the standout one's O Clarke was also reasonable but it must have been very difficult making the substitutions as he could have picked any three from eight. I wonder whether telling the players that the shirt was for them to lose made the players get blasé about their position.
    But until the club bring in some decent new players that is not going to alter. I believe even after Saturdays dire performance we will survive and if we don't the a great number of them I believe will be looking for new clubs next Summer

9. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think there have been too many players who haven't put their backs into it, to be honest. I thought DC made some good signings pre season - better than usual, and I was looking forward to a decent season. But I think some of the older, more experienced pros in particular have really failed to step up to the mark and make an impact. We've missed the likes of Sinclair, who isn't the most elegant of players, but he always puts in a shift and gets everyone else moving. The defensive side's been pretty good - better than usual anyway, and our goal difference could save us at the end of the season. But our lads need to play for the shirt above all.

If there are a few disrupters in the dressing room, then Coughlan needs to root them out because they'll bring the whole season down. We've already lost one manger who we know is decent, so Coughlan needs to have the backing to sort out the cliques and bad apples.

old timer likes this.