1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 22, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

We had average death rates in the summer with no lockdown..(probably vitamin D)!!
    Do we know if the curve is falling because businesses were shut down or because most children were kept home?

It will be years before it is known how many lives will be affected leading to deaths in lockdown..
    Records show, that up to 1st December 2020...... 4400 people died of Covid without underlying health conditions in England and Wales out of 60,000 deaths that were published. I also read somewhere that 99% of those were over the age of 60

The age of people that die because of lockdowns I imagine will average a lot lower.
    It's still all about balance for the long term and not just thinking short term however painful that might seem.

It can't carry on with lockdowns, Covid will carry on spreading as before once we come out, it has to be about protection of the vulnerable with symptoms..
    I'm not blindly sticking to anything, eyes wide open!!

2. oneforthebristolcity

Your views are predictable....Watch the BBC news and continue to believe and follow orders....Don't you go booking a holiday anytime soon!! <doh>
    I imagine you won't open your eyes until it's all over :emoticon-0105-wink:

3. oneforthebristolcity

I wonder how many people with underlying health conditions will suffer or worse die because of postponed treatments & operations.
    I know quite a few waiting for treatment, one has been waiting for over a year requiring major heart surgery, Another that also works for NHS that has Liver Cancer who's treatment had been postponed numerous times, fortunately has had one of her ops and should start chemo in the next few days but has been told she only has 40% chance of survival. Another working for the NHS requires knee surgery (of course not life threatening), has been told, could be a 52 week wait (so may have to quit her job).
    So if key & front line workers, along with the majority of the elderly & vulnerable have been vaccinated & protected against the virus, it is essential IMO that we get on with treating the dreadful back log that's built up..

4. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Your views are predictable.......'
    And yours aren't <laugh>

'Don't you go booking a holiday anytime soon!!'
    32days already booked. <cheers>

'I imagine you won't open your eyes until it's all over'.
    Next question :emoticon-0102-bigsm

5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

well reason was everyone of the 90% or so who obeyed the rules almost got it down to zero … the deaths from the previous months meant less ill or potentially would die had already died … the erjits in August September set it off again and continued to do so .. accelerating it at Christmas.
    other than Rod's unfortunate friends and a few that I have heard about … on here we are all safe! odd one or 2 had it... my circle of friends UK wide are all pretty much alive … no one in family has died … BECAUSE we all stuck to the rules! Stick to rules keep safe don't take chances and survival will be maximised … keep safe keep spaced HAVE FAITH

6. oneforthebristolcity

I Would be interested RP, of all the views or comments I've put out there, which ones are you saying I'm wrong and give me your reasons, for debate..or will it be one word snipes?? :emoticon-0127-lipss

7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Less than if we'd allowed coronavirus to run free, is your answer. By a country mile.

8. oneforthebristolcity

Is your answer, not mine!!

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Based on what? We’ve seen in the weeks after lock down 2 with Christmas shopping that the deaths per day can reach 1600. Imagine if they allowed crowds to go to football matches or concerts.
    So what do you base your figures on, with postponed appointments?

10. oneforthebristolcity

Fact that waiting lists for Surgery & treatments can be 12 months or more for 1000s ...many suffering, dying, lives cut short.
    I guess we will never know the true extent for years, I'm sure many of them will be tagged to having Covid Mounting up the figures to even more!!

My daughter's mother in law has been waiting & struggling since last January (2020) for major heart surgery, this without doubt shortening her odds of survival and is having devastating effects on her day to day living..

NB. Fingers crossed, my wife's brother in law who had a heart attack on Saturday should be having a triple by-pass in the next few weeks, so he's been told!!..

11. RedorDead

Sad fact I know, but is this anywhere near 1600 a day dying?
    That was the question you asked, how many will suffer and die. Remember the 1600 is dying. There are also those now that are suffering long term Covid to be added.

12. oneforthebristolcity

Could well end up that way..

13. RedorDead

I’ve had 5 or 6 hospital appointments in the past 6-8 months, as they are doing test on me. And not had an issue or been pushed back. I understand it does happen but I’ve not had any issues.

14. BCFCRob

But you don't have any numbers to back it up though, so really until then it's just you choosing to decide that it would be more.

Considering we've had 116,000 official deaths (probably more in reality) with restrictions, then it's an enormous stretch to think that we'd end up with less deaths without restrictions.

15. oneforthebristolcity

Ahh yes, those numbers!!! :emoticon-0133-wait: those that were tested positive but not necessarily anything to do with what they actually died OF..

16. BCFCRob

And, once again, that argument relies on the massive high excess death total being a total coincidence.

You're the only one who thinks this and there's a reason why. The argument falls to pieces.

17. realred1952

the biggest problem on here is facts... no one on here knows the real story or the true statistics.
    The reason is papers like to be first's news media's like to be first. News film cameramen are mostly self employed and news media will get them to do unique items but in the main they often have a provisio that the item of the filming is theirs and sell to others or report it to others at a specific time after ….. my mate films all over the world [ not so much now ]
    one says 1500 the next 1550 the next 1600 etc etc …. dress up reasons or add a few extra verbs or adjectives to the text ….. After 2000 I had jobs for BBC and HTV in BRISTOL as a courier … often on a Saturday it was go to a non league club playing an important game and take to HTV or BBC in Bristol wait awhile then take to other vice versa odd other jobs shared other stories! etc
    as for patients waiting it is sad they have to... labour blames tory tory blame labour … but look back and when we had the trillions of oil money [ labour won election on Bliars false promises ] where did it go? into a massive black hole with the phrase" best of luck no money left in the purse " from the outgoing chancellor how many new hospitals built? [ gained] 1 maybe 2 in over 10 years ….. that is where the roots lie ………..

18. remembergou

remembergou Active Member

Today live controlled infection began. A friend in Uni was a guinea pig for some disease, not Ebola but a similar lesser known African continent disease, it's name escapes me. she was involved for 3 months or more ... helped with her fee's. 2 people on the course were ill for over 6 month's, and it was seriously ill! My friend was lucky, her worst time was almost 2 weeks after being involved for about 6 weeks. My heart goes out to those are taking this on, I wish them well, being a guinea pig does not sit well with me!

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  19. realred1952

just been looking at current state of affairs … the R number "spread" is now, at the lowest end, lowest since a year ago! deaths over "norm expected" is about 1350 BELOW the current Covid 28 day level! Every year there is a differing increase in population, so differing ages at the top end [ coming to normal life expectancy ] of the population. BUT figures published do not take this into account simply ... that was the "x" and this is the "y" a third figure where peeps die without having a test [ and may have died anyway through an "illness"] is 20,000 higher as doctors put down a suspicion! of … UNTIL fully understood decades ago death was by varying ways not always the one, along as no suspicious circumstances!

20. realred1952

vaccinations … ONS are not determining whether person died of COVID AFTER HAVING BEEN JABBED whether within 28 days or longer!
    The number of second jabs SEEM to be dragging behind the speed with which the first were given! I wonder should this mean there will be a period of maybe 2 -3 weeks or so [ bearing in mind consensus is 6 weeks to 12weeks for 2nd ] where no or hardly any first jabs are administered?
    basically in the 12 weeks from the start [ ave almost 2m a week? ] soon it will need to be 2m 2nd jabs and x first jabs... !