1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 22, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Why? to have total control on people?....They don't know enough about the vaccines that will eradicate the virus.....Plus, there will be people out there that should not have it..so you will ban them too......you must be a fan of dictatorship <doh>

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry 1for - it'll be months before you get offered the vaccine anyway and by then you might catch (and hopefully recover from) Covid, so not wanting the vaccine will be a moot point.
    They are thinking about introducing it as a travel requirement though........

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

In the case of Ashton Gate and other sporting venues and anywhere that people have to pay for entry let the people who frequent those places decide, the owners of such venues have a duty of care for it's customers, that's democracy.

4. oneforthebristolcity

You say that, but I know of a NHS practice that were to be well over on the quantity of vaccine to the first age group & care homes etc within their practice. It was suggested that they could vaccinate the following group, but the practice manager intervened saying it was unethical until the most vulnerable and age range managed to get their first dose..I imagine many other centres would have taken a different approach and so younger people could get it quicker.
    As to the travel requirements.....that would be my downfall mate, hopefully not.

5. oneforthebristolcity

But against human rights.....don't get your point as those that have the vaccine are supposed to be safe from the virus.

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Just in case you really do believe you are immune from Covid
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52446965

7. oneforthebristolcity

Whether you've had the virus or the vaccine....................full immunity is unlikely for both!!

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

True, at the moment one jab is 80%
    But 80% or none, I know what I am choosing

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Ah the human rights card, the UK is great at human rights for the few, I suppose you are against the lefties and luvvies and parasite lawyers stopping plane loads of West Indian murderers, rapists and other serious criminals being deported? or just your area of interest?

Safe from all strains of the virus?

Let the people decide, that is democracy, your call for human rights may not be democratic, it may turn out to be the dictatorship that you seem to be against, let the people decide.

10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

This is interesting ROD:

'There were early reports of people appearing to have multiple coronavirus infections in a short space of time.

But the scientific consensus is that testing was the issue, with patients being incorrectly told they were free of the virus.
    Scientists from Hong Kong recently reported on the case of a young, healthy man who recovered from a bout of Covid-19 only to be re-infected more than four months later. Using genome sequencing of the virus, they could prove he caught it twice because the virus strains were different.

Experts say re-infection isn't surprising, but it's likely to be rare, and larger studies are needed to understand why this might happen.

Nobody has been deliberately reinfected with the virus to test immunity, but a pair of rhesus macaque monkeys have.

They were infected twice, once to build up an immune response and then a second time three weeks later. Those very limited experiments showed they did not develop symptoms again after such a quick reinfection.'

For my part, I don't think of myself as being immune, but I DO think that I should be more resistant to getting it than someone who has never had it.

11. oneforthebristolcity

What's any of that got to do with me having the Human right to refuse a vaccine?..............You've gone on a tangent....what people do when struggling with the argument in question.
    You have the choice to have the vaccine, for you it makes you safe, you believe you are immune, you believe as it stands it will stop you from spreading the virus to others, you are happy to be controlled, you are happy to follow the mass because that's what you believe you are mean't to do, it is what you are told, which makes you believe that you are sensible to those that control you (maybe you are) Why should the likes of me follow you?
    You want dictatorship? Our past generations went to war for freedom.

Let others make their own decisions.

NB. Even with the vaccine it's not proven that it will prevent other strains....so could be back to square one!!

12. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

still a lot of deaf or naïve ears out there … bet the 19 year old with the £10 fine wishes he was a believer now! They will collect it even should it take 70 years or more equivalent to one year in uni! hopefully he isn't as as**o**s like that could be the the so called future of our society 45,000 fines and counting cant wait for 50,000 then 75,000 then the 100,00 record so far from what can be gleaned is a ?repeat offender went to prison?...

13. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

the nurse who was reinfected twice is out of hospital and going back to work … no body can consider themselves as immune or any % of it … a few second cases have been less a couple more serious …. my xyl gets a test weekly but results given to her are after 5 days as the company she works for gets the results quicker but only reacts on any negative ones... a case of should you not hear by 3rd day you are OK ….

14. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

No tangent it is your human right to decline the vaccine and good luck to you, it is also the human right of the vast majority who will have the vaccine to not have to be close to you and as the owners of places where payment is made to enter, they have a duty of care/vicarious liability to protect those people paying their entrance fee and should have a right to decline non vaxxers entry, that is my opinion, there was no human rights issue over people smoking in stadiums and neither should there be over this issue, they both centre on the health of others.

Reliant Robin TC2 and Redprintt like this.
  15. oneforthebristolcity

Please confirm, why this would be a health issue to those that have the vaccine? Please indicate the impact it would have on your life and why should they ban non vaxxers entry? Surely my life would be in more danger of you!!

16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

If enough take the vaccine then the virus will die out.
    Those who take the vaccine will allow normal life to resume. A reward.
    Why should anti vaxxers be rewarded ?
    You didn't do anything to get back to normal life so, putting it mildly, do one.

17. oneforthebristolcity

What, like flu has? <doh>
    And the reason for that is there are different strains that emerge.....as we are now finding with Covid.
    As for not doing anything, is a ridiculous statement......you mean not having the vaccine, apart from that, I'm doing the same as you..

18. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Well how about this? children and babies will not be vaccinated, I have a 2 month old great grandson, why should he be put at risk by anti vaxxers?

It will be more manageable like flu is.

19. oneforthebristolcity

Children are the biggest spreaders and will pass it on to each other, they are also at very very low risk, in fact they are better off getting it which would make them immune.
    With that in mind, should we ban children from the places you mentioned??

Flu is manageable because of the treatments that are available.
    Covid will be the same.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55639096

20. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

How about this, adults who refuse to have the vaccination, must have an antibody test?, if they have had covid then fine, if not either have the vaccine or be subject to restrictions, then we are all covered, your'e welcome.