1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Mar 13, 2020.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

The inevitable has occurred and all football is now postponed until at least 3rd April. Who knows what may happen in the next month or so but the main thing is for us to keep healthy. Having returned from cruising in Asia I'm self-isolating, just in case.
    I hope everyone keeps well, my best wishes to all my friends here on not 606.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51867989

Cookie-6262 likes this.
  2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Make sure you keep posting so we know you're okay!

It sucks to have a postponement on the day of the match, but safety is important (especially for our older fans).

I am fully expecting to have to work from home some time soon and I am not looking forward to it. Stay safe everyone and look after your families.

3. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Work from home starts tomorrow. I have promised to go in for the Christmas party

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  4. 2whitestripes

Just to let you know that all is well during isolation at the 2WS household.
    These will be very trying times with hardships of various types to bear.
    It would be good if our 606 members dropped in from time to time so we all know you are getting by.

Surlyc likes this.
  5. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

This has now happened and I am not enjoying the isolation!

I'm impressed with how my road and pulled together to try and look after our older residents, particularly given the crazy hoarding certain people are engaging in. It's important to stick together in these times which really transcend sports and pretty much anything else.

6. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

It's hard to know what to do for the best when you haven't got any symptoms yet. Every sneeze or cough you think is that the start of it.

There was a song we used to sing when Fulham weren't doing so well to cheer our selves up on journeys back from games.
    'Always look on the bright side of life.' the old Monty Python song
    So let's all hope we get through this and come out the other side to enjoy more ups and downs as a Fulham supporter.
    Take Care.

2whitestripes likes this.
  7. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Situation here in Spain is worse than the UK - but you have to keep smiling and know we will get through it. Stay safe everyone and the señora and I will see you on the other side, whenever that is.

8. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Just checking in to make sure we are all ok??
    As an emergency worker I’m still going to London everyday on pretty much an empty train. I must admit this thing is starting to scare me a little especially the numbers in Italy and the correlation we have with them at the moment. I still think not enough people over here are taking the social distancing measures seriously enough!
    Anyway hope we are all staying safe and keeping spirits up, look after neighbours and love ones and hopefully when this is all over Bryan and Kongolo will be fully fit

2whitestripes and Fulhaman like this.
  9. 2whitestripes

All good out here in Northern Ireland, isolation over but still haven't ventured out.
    It's disheartening seeing people ignore keeping apart, I think we will be in lock down by the end of the week.
    Stay safe everyone, we'll need you all for the celebrations at the end of this nightmare virus and when we get promoted.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  10. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Good morning all, how are we holding up? Definitely missing my Fulham fix at the moment!

11. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Only second week in with working from home. That Bristol game seems an age ago.

I watched the Fulham Juventus game on Fulham TV. Brought back so many memories, never known such an atmosphere at Craven Cottage, 10 years ago - can't believe it.

I'm told we could be out till September, if that's so my garden is going to be immaculate. I read somewhere Seri and Anquissa's loan contracts run out 31st May - I wonder if they could play for us in these remaining 9 games, well not worth worrying about now I suppose.

12. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Quick check in to say all is well with us. I live in a village on the Isle of Wight so isolation is not to bad. The village shop is well stocked and it is pleasant and safe to exercise round the village. Work is hectic as I am involved with getting grants to companies. Missing football and the excitement and tension of each weekend.

Fulham COYW and 2whitestripes like this.
  13. 2whitestripes

All good in the 2WS household but filling the day gets a bit harder each day. I'm not working having completed a contract in mid February, then cruising Asia albeit with a significantly amended itinerary, the virus shutting several ports en route. Isolating is not a big deal here in the north west of Northern Ireland and we have a large unoccupied field at the back and side of home to walk the dog.
    With football suspended for the foreseeable it's frustrating, but we may get promotion if the season is stopped here, depending on the unknown criteria for now. It could be one of the better outcomes of this pandemic, and there will hopefully be many which we can look back on in a good light. I do hope so.
    Wishing everyone on the board the best and hope we will engage before too long about the beautiful game.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  14. Cookie-6262

Just watched the Wolfsburg highlights great memories... plus the interview with KMac.

Do we think there is any chance the season may get voided??? I wouldn’t be against this for a few reasons.

1. I love following us in the championship
    2. I think we have under achieved slightly this season and would fancy us to be right up there again.
    3. The reaction of Leeds fans would be price less

15. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

The Leeds reaction would almost make it worthwhile!!

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Hi all, I've not been on the board for a while - bizarrely, I got logged out and couldn't remember my password. All sorted now though. Thought I'd drop by just to let you know that all is well with me and mine. See you on the other side.

17. Cookie-6262

Another 3 week lockdown which takes us into May... football and mass gatherings of 1000’s will surely be the last events to be opened up... I can’t see any football being played before mid June at the earliest!!!

18. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Danny Murphy is on Match of the Day this Saturday which features our Great escape year. Something at least to watch.

19. Cookie-6262

Has anyone done the Sunday Night Fulham quiz???
    I just did the last one just gone and thought it was very tough... I got 20/40 and thought that was quite decent!!

20. 2whitestripes

Just checking in, all good here.
    Is everyone else okay?