1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

I haven't been back to Brazil since he took over. Unfortunately same as Trump or Tubby Johnson, people like to vote in someone who can spin a good yarn.

Edelman and Archers Road like this.
  2. O'l Gravy Leg

O'l Gravy Leg Well-Known Member

Telling people what the want to hear is something everyone of them does.

You need disaffection to be built up to a point where someone like them looks like a good option, you also kind of need a great political divide with no real center and you need millions of people with no critical thinking skills, that last bit is essential

3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

haven’t got a clue tbh

don’t think any decisions have been made

4. O'l Gravy Leg

Even if they do finish it, for me, there will be little if any joy, it's already ruined, not that it's that important, its not.

And I was being careful this season and not believing until start of Feb, that taught me eh <laugh>

I swear though, in early Jan, the singing at Anfield "we're gonna win the league" I swear I got an ominous feeling, probably because of other recent failures but still, LFC are cursed re the PL title <laugh>

afcftw and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  5. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

In the “age of stupid”, when politicians like Michael Gove can get away with saying that “the British people have had enough of experts”, alt.right propagandists like you are dangerous and shouldn’t be allowed to go unchallenged.

I was referring to your ignorance of history. Your comments about military coups shows you have no idea at all about the historical precedents for the usurpation of democracy and the erosion of the rule of law in once enlightened societies.

The template for all this is Octavian, aka Caesar Augustus btw. The ancient world’s best established republic became an autocratic empire, and all it’s historic laws were thrown on the bonfire. Augustus came to power by consent, both of the Senate and the people of Rome (SPQR). Then he chipped away at all the rights of his subjects.

It’s good to know these things. It’s okay not to. It’s dangerous to masquerade unsubstantiated propaganda as knowledge. That’s what your far right nationalist heroes do.

Toby and Willhoops like this.
  6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If you refuse to watch this 25 minute YouTube clip from a virgin’s basement in South Dakota exposing how the Clinton family created Coronavirus then you’re the ignorant one blindly buying into the mainstream media. Shame on you.

pompeymeowth and Toby like this.
  7. Archers Road

Good point tbf

8. O'l Gravy Leg

After telling me dont post long rants, you wont read them, you post a long rant. At least my rants are relevant to what I am replying to, but lets see anyway, as I'm not as douchey. :)

"In the “age of stupid”, when politicians like Michael Gove can get away with saying that “the British people have had enough of experts”, alt.right propagandists like you are dangerous and shouldn’t be allowed to go unchallenged."
    Wtf is this even about. Also, everyone I dont like is "alt right" is so pathetically intellectually bankrupt. This has no relevance to my post or the topic

"I was referring to your ignorance of history. Your comments about military coups shows you have no idea at all about the historical precedents for the usurpation of democracy and the erosion of the rule of law in once enlightened societies."
    Except the majority relevant coups in conscious memory of 200 years has replaced the democratically elected government where there was on prior to the coup. Which was my point

"The template for all this is Octavian, aka Caesar Augustus btw. The ancient world’s best established republic became an autocratic empire, and all it’s historic laws were thrown on the bonfire. Augustus came to power by consent, both of the Senate and the people of Rome (SPQR). Then he chipped away at all the rights of his subjects."
    Overthrowing the Roman republic to create an empire. A case from antiquity? What about the hundreds of coups in the 19th 20th and 21st century (You mentioned Hitler and Mussolini not the roman fookin empire <ok>

So, let me get this straight? me being accurate about coups in most cases being the removal of democratically elected government for the past 200 years, is wrong because you can cite the Roman empire?

Holy fookin **** man. <laugh>

9. Looney Leftie

Looney Leftie Well-Known Member

10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I won't be doing either of those things.

11. Looney Leftie

Looney Leftie Well-Known Member

youtube is the one source I never trust.
    To easy to edit and misquote to elicit an emotional response.

The time it takes to validate the claims made just take too long, often the narrator has a clear purpose to feed a misrepresentation for the purpose of confirmation bias.
    Actually if you look through his timeline both on twitter and in the lancet then you can see his view change as more information became available. Two weeks later he was already calling for more action.

Willhoops likes this.
  12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

So did Maggie :bandit:

Archers Road likes this.
  13. O'l Gravy Leg

He's a scientist, and editor at the Lancet, and apparently doesn't understand the precautionary principle relating to pandemics. Also, he made statements when he had no data while criticising the media for "telling people to worry when they had no data"

So because he changed his tune as data came in, doesn't negate the fact that he played it down, WITH NO DATA to justify playing it down. Shouldn't scientists base their opinions on DATA?

14. Archers Road

You comment about coups were wildly inaccurate. I gave two examples - the obvious ones - from the 20th Century to refute your assertion that the threat to liberty in democratic societies doesn't come from elected leaders. That's usually exactly where it does come from.

Are you aware that US law is based on Roman law, their Republic expressly created in the image of that of Ancient Rome? The US founding fathers designed their constitution to prevent the emergence of a tyrant like Augustus. Just as the lawyers of Rome constructed their constitution to prevent the emergence of tyrants like Coriolanus or the Tarquins.

The Roman example is entirely relevant. Any historian will tell you that.

15. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Well-Known Member

Bit random, but if anyone runs out of food I order my food from a catering company and can sort you out with details.. delivery is within days . good stuff .. sold in nice northumbrian cafes

Edelman likes this.
  16. Archers Road

Is that nationwide, or only in the North East?

17. Rex Kramer

nationwide , but I know a few places up here that use them.. not ****e like a british home stores cafe.

18. O'l Gravy Leg

"You comment about coups were wildly inaccurate"

I can cite reams of data to support my case, which will result in you either disappearing or resorting to not reading as per usual. Going by experience on here, its a waste of my time doing so.

"The US founding fathers designed their constitution to prevent the emergence of a tyrant like Augustus"
    They designed it to prevent British rule type scenario happening again. It both protects against foreign interference and domestic tyranny, both elements of British rule then.

Now go look at all the attempted and successful coups of the 20th century, and 21st.
    You wont because it it smashes your case. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coups_d'état_and_coup_attempts

Keep focusing on Rome though, it seems its at least something you can manage to look up on google <laugh>

You have to straw man it, as if I said "an elected ruler has never overthrown his own country" which I never said at all.

19. Rex Kramer

news circulating that steve bruce is being replaced by Allergri and Icardi toons 1st signing lol. i love this bullshit me. funny ****s

20. Archers Road

Do they just deliver bulk orders though? Trying to arrange a Morrison's order for my elderly parents is a nightmare, they've got one coming today, but can't currently get another slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.