1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The Government doesn't raise fuel and energy prices <doh>

That £20 was far more than Labour would have done because we all know Captain hindsights favourite saying is "we wouldn't have done that" <laugh>

Oh, and taxes are due to go down <ok>

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

No but they dont tax them accordingly do they, or any other major companies it seems... which means we pay more.

I dont know why you constantly deny there's a massive class war going on bro its plain for all to see these lot are rinsing us dry while they line their own pockets.

More billionaires than ever in the uk

More food banks than ever too.

UK Billionaires total wealth trebled I think during and after covid.

You're good bro, when you was young you could buy a house and go to uni for free.

Fukin old **** freeloaders, got the lot for **** all and tight as **** with it. hurry up and die the lot of you bootlicking ****s I say<laugh>

aberdude, Treble and Diego like this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

People from my class had virtually no chance of going to Uni, now every ****er goes and have 4 or 5 years partying and debauchery whilst finishing with some kind of degree in some useless subject and thinking they are clever <laugh>

duggie2000 and Peej like this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Is the critical time over? Someone should've said. There's me thinking there was a cost of living crisis going on.

aberdude likes this.
  5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You may not have noticed but things have been totally **** for 3+years for world wide reasons which is why this present Government has had no chance to show what it can deliver.
    This is all great for some because it shows the present in a bad light and gives others a chance to say "we wouldn't have done that" without ever saying what they would have done.

duggie2000 likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm sure that'll be great comfort to the folk who relied on that £20 a week to help feed themselves and their family mate.

Meanwhile things don't seem to be too fcked to give £7.3bn to their buddies in the bank lol. Or maybe we should say they ARE too fcked!

Sucky likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

What did they rely on before they got it?

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You're all heart Diego.

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Mate i drive through Moston often, i have seen women walking out of food banks with a few kids in tow and immediately get on the latest I phone to call a taxi to take them home and others that take the kids straight into the next door pizza shop (they also take them there straight from school for tea <doh>) so too many piss takers for me to lose sleep over.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Fcking hell.

And those that don't? You know, the vast majority who don't happen to be on your drive past the food bank in Moston, who actually could do with that small amount to help them make ends meet, or at the very least go some way towards it during this critical time which you yourself have said have been fcked for 3 years? Fck 'em?

If only you had that much hate towards the greedy ****s who actually rinse this country dry of billions at the top.

aberdude likes this.

11. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure how old you are but when I was a lad the system was designed so that anyone with the required exam results could go to University, as the courses fees were paid by the local authorities and you got a means tested grant for accomodation and subsistence. Class might have played a part in the quality of school you want to but there were plenty of kids from state schools went to University.

And the partying and debauchery was much more rampant in my day judging by my kids university experiences.

Diego and aberdude like this.
  12. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Honestly mate, I had a job and grant. But it was a struggle.
    My parents had **** all to assist me while at Uni. Plenty of rich kids who didn’t work and were still given t he full means tested grant while mum and dad paid their accommodation etc.
    Guess it’s how you look at your uni experience. I took out a loan to help my final year. Most going now will never repay what they owe.

Diego likes this.
  14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I had no help from my parents, got the full grant, based on the means test, and managed at a University down south. Had a small overdraft when I left. Couldn't earn much in the holidays to supplement it because I was mostly on University field courses but I think we got an extra grant for them. Think I signed on in Summer but got a bollocking when I told them I might not be able to get in the following week as I was playing in a tennis tournament.

We (talking 1977-80 here) were the lucky generation when it came to education, generation and housing. Sure its probably academically easier to get into University now but its wrong that students have to think about the debt they are placing themselves to further their education. I know they make it easy to pay back but I think it encourages differentiation of students based on wealth more so than the old system. Most of us came out of university, walked into decent jobs and probably had bought a house within 5years of finishing. Its almost impossible to do that now without help from family.

I think that University Education should be free to all who meet the academic standards. Subsidise it from foreign students as they do now anyway and the government pays the rest.

Sucky and BobbyD like this.
  15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

A few year prior to me going…..

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Remember these wise words from February 2021?

I certainly do.

A lot of posters on here were giving Sunak some back slapping as he tried to manage the Covid situation.

He's an utter **** now of course.

duggie2000 and Diego like this.
  17. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

The voice of truth….if that truth sends him a paycheque.

like Russell’s Brand.

18. aberdude

It's his job being a journalist you complete bell end

19. aberdude

Do the people who give peej information get paid for it.

Hope they don't hey peej

20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

He’s locked in the **** bunker now, with the rest of this **** government. Not sure any of them will escape with reputations unscathed.

Peej likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.