Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Oh Saffy

Oh Saffy Not606 Godfather

Is Boris Johnson responsible for all of the UK when it comes to Covid-19 or is each individual nation ‘government’ responsible for their country?

I’m confused @FosseFilberto said he doesn’t blame the other nations for not going with Boris’s Covid strategy because they’ve done so well themselves compared to England. I pointed out the care home situation in Scotland is so much worse than England. He said that’s Boris’s fault.

Which is it? Or is it better to pick and choose what we blame Boris for and praise the other ‘governments’ when it suits?

Tiddler likes this.
  2. West WindsR

West WindsR Well-Known Member

If in doubt I don’t see any harm in calling Boris the useless bumbling oaf he is, personally.

Archers Road and Julian Edelman like this.
  3. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

4. Julian Edelman

Julian Edelman Well-Known Member

The simple fact to me is that Johnson is a tv personality in a job he isnt suited to and a job that obvs requires a lot more work than he really wants to do .
    Completely out of his depth N comfort zone .
    I dont like the look of any of his cabinet apart from Sunak who comes across as very professional.

Willhoops likes this.
  5. Welshie

Welshie The Welsh Jesus

The jocks ****ing things up?

And blaming the English??

please log in to view this image

6. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

A word of Caution to all .

If you have a big head , like I do , Don't bother . It does not fit , I mean it stretches so much it just slides down . Still , I haven't seen Mrs J laugh so much in a looooong time...….

brb likes this.
  7. Julian Edelman

Julian Edelman Well-Known Member

8. Welshie

Welshie The Welsh Jesus

Suckmyklopp likes this.
  9. brb

brb Zookeeper

I suppose the reason it appears Boris is only getting shhite from his own people, where other leaders in other countries are not, is because in the main we only read the British media. Even if we hear the news in other countries, we are hearing via the British media. It would be like picking up a copy of the Guardian and saying, well look they praise xyz administration, but they will do, because it's the way it rolls.

If you want to know what's going on in other countries, you need to read, watch, listen to their media outlets, and again like in the UK, it depends what political wing you observe when you do that. Also by that, I don't mean a British version of their media, as you are likely to get if you holiday in Benidorm.

Often it becomes quite frustrating to even find the news in other countries, that have no British bias within them. Click site, do you agree to cookies, yes. You have adblocker, please turn this off, you can not view this in your region, or this will cost you x amount to view, that's after you've actually found the links!

Oh Saffy and Welshie like this.
  10. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Number 1 Jasper likes this.

11. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

No , shorter and Wider !

aberdude likes this.
  12. Welshie

Welshie The Welsh Jesus

All Norwegian news is like what you listed. Cannot even get on a site, you have to actually buy a paper (yuck)

But here people criticised the government nonstop... but the British media report on the Norwegian situation like its a pillar of effective crisis management.

Its because they don't live in the country and know their bias readership will lap it up. As per usual.

brb likes this.
  13. West WindsR

Our papers are full of coverage about Norway’s handling of Coronavirus. Getting on my nerves tbh.

DerekTheMole and Welshie like this.
  14. brb

brb Zookeeper

I just tried to read an Italian paper, it let me start reading, but it wasn't the news I was searching for. So I requested Coronavirus within it's search panel, as soon has I did that, this will cost you etc.

15. Welshie

Welshie The Welsh Jesus

Its embarrassing, I lived here, the reaction was poor. I had no idea what my employment situation was and have had to return to work early because they completely fumbled my lay off pay.

For the tax I've invested here, they've given me **** all. But atleast theyre buying a bunch of F16s they will literally never, ever, ever deploy anywhere

aberdude likes this.
  16. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

I once went for a drive and after a few hours on the road I realised I typed Hell into the satnav instead of Hull.

Still got there.

Archers Road, BobbyD and Welshie like this.
  17. Welshie

Welshie The Welsh Jesus

Cos it was directing you up to Glasgow most likely, if my geography is right Hulls on the way.

BillyBobBallbag likes this.
  18. brb

brb Zookeeper

I love the way google translates this Italian article...

Coronavirus in Lombardy, deaths are still decreasing. With over 20 thousand tampons, they double in one day in infections <yikes>

In case you haven't worked it out, it's meant to translate as swabs, from the Italian word tamponi.

<laugh>

19. West WindsR

You need to let our MSM know before they go with another front page about Oslo.

20. brb

brb Zookeeper

Hmm that also answers another question for me then. I had a look at their website, the first picture you see is woman wearing the covering. It appears to fit well, as does the next picture if you scroll down.

Then you scroll to the third picture of two children sitting on an aircraft. That's when I thought, no straps for the ears like other coverings, the material looks too big for the kids and is only remaining on the face of the nearest child to the camera, because he is sitting still.

For £20 I'm out.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    aberdude and Number 1 Jasper like this.
: No Sars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Diego