1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus: Please use this thread for all COVID19 talk!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Oh dear. I didn't know.

Vin

[For those not in on the joke, I sat at FLT's house once, mindlessly cutting cheese at random (as is my way, because I am normal). After a blithe few minutes I looked up to see FLT curled up in woeful agony apparently suffering an aneurysm, blood pouring out of his ears and his wife mopping his brow while he watched me butcher the curd. He then proceeded, armed with a rule, spirit level, microscope, micrometer and surgical scalpel to return them to perfect symmetry. I'm not suggesting he has a problem, but...]

2. One of yer Norvern Saints

One of yer Norvern Saints Well-Known Member

In a world of boredom, this is a gem of a story, my friend. At the risk of being called out for lockdown boredom, I'll add that Saga car insurance gives 365 day a year Euopean cover. So as I've picked up that you like travelling, you've qualified for this, just as Brexit has restricted visits to Shengen countries to 90/180 days. Another reason I don't speak to my Daily Mail reading, Tory and Brexit voting sister-in-law. Well that, and the fact that she and her husband are so boring they'd find your tale and mine interesting to the point of being over-excited.

fatletiss, StJabbo1 and davecg69 like this.
  3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Fine with cheese cut any which way.....my aversion is people who open a new butter pot when an older one is available (let's be honest....I'm talking about men here)...and then leave the foil covering half on. Everything gets messy. Take the bloody thing off since you bothered to open it in the first place.

And breathe.....

4. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Just opened up a new ‘spreadable” butter pot (I usually prefer butter in a butter dish, but they had “spreadable anchor” on special last week) and realised, after I read this, that, yes, I’ve left the foil covering half on and taken the spread from under the open bit ...... but .... isn’t that more economical? :emoticon-0103-cool::emoticon-0103-cool:

5. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Just received my new car insurance quote for renewal mid April. After reading this (thanks OoyNS) I thought I’d get a quote from Saga. Looked a little cheaper, but, when I looked at my renewal, I saw that they still had my ex-girlfriend as second driver (she moved out in lockdown - long story), so I thought I’d best let them know and, hey, it might bring that insurance down to the same as the Saga quote! :emoticon-0103-cool:
    So I called them (e-sure) and, after doing the changes, my quote went UP 10% ..... :emoticon-0104-surpr
    Seems, having a female second driver reduces the chance of having an accident! Really? Hmmmm .... :emoticon-0138-think
    Must be statistics .....
    Anyway, I’m now going with Saga as they give the same as e-sure PLUS no increase for driving in the EU (if I ever get the chance) as they’re now around 15% less .......

6. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

I cut a perfect 2 inch circle from the middle of the foil on the Utterly Butterfly last week. I was accused of being a psychopath by my daughter and my wife.
    I didn't argue, just went and did the same to the Philadelphia.

7. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

You’re an evil genius!

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  8. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

I've been furloughed a while now, I obviously have too much time on my hands.
    My daughter turned 18 this month and I filled her bedroom with balloons at midnight, and by filled, I mean she couldn't get from her bed to her door because of the 5' deep layer plus her door opened inwards :biggrin:. They were latex ones so biodegradeable and let me tell you that blowing up 500 balloons with just your lungs takes a little while and I thought I was going to die after 400.

9. One of yer Norvern Saints

One of yer Norvern Saints Well-Known Member

Grass growing outside. I'm going to watch it for a while. This lock down seems to have got to us all

10. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Funny you should say that as been doing a lot of that recently as we have re-seeded a lot of our garden :)

Archers Road likes this.

11. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Nooooooop

davecg69 likes this.
  12. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

* and faints....

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

More than 30 million now had their first jab <applause>

thereisonlyoneno7 and fatletiss like this.
  14. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

15. thereisonlyoneno7

A quick question.

It seems most on here (if not all) have taken the vaccine if offered.

Is there anyone skeptical about it and may not take it?

If so what are the reasons?

Im not asking to start a ruck or ridicule anyone, but genuinely curious, as if I asked the same question on social media, I would get trolled a lot and I think in the main we have sensible chat on here.

16. saintrichie123

I don’t know anyone personally who has declined the vaccine as of yet.
    I think some people are all talk and acting up.
    Just the other week Piers Morgan exposed a MP who went all anti vax .....then had it.

17. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

I won't be having it if I can help it. Not because I'm an anti-vaxxer (I'm not, my kids have had vaccines etc), or a covidiot or a covid denier ... but my fear of needles is just too strong. I feel weak and ill when I just see a picture on the news, or thinking about having it done to me, and I just don't think I can face it.

However, I know they're trialling nasal sprays, which I would take if it ever got released.

18. thereisonlyoneno7

Funny you should say that - MrsNo7's ex friend (the weirdo that is anti anything and thinks the world could be flat) was larging it on FB how COVID doesn't exist and how she won't take the vaccine as it out to destroy us etc.

Well, Mrs No7 bumped into a mutual friend (who isn't on FB) and she said she had the vaccine the other day....

19. Negative Creep

Negative Creep Well-Known Member

I think it is a great Q, and totally understand why you may be reluctant to pose it on various platforms. (although the bigger Q surely is why people use FB etc!).

Anyhow, I WILL get the vaccine, even though I think my wife and I had this Dec 19, and have some on going health issues as a result.

I am extremely nervous, not due to needles, but i once got a flue vaccine in 2013 and became so unwell for 3 months after, im terrified of something similar happening.

Also, loads of people I know had it already, and were really poorly for a few days.

But as the fabulous Gloria once said...

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
    Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
    But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
    And I grew strong
    And I learned how to get along
    And so you're back
    From outer space
    I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face
    I should have changed that stupid lock, I should have made you leave your key
    If I'd known for just one second you'd be back to bother me
    Go on now, go, walk out the door
    Just turn around now
    'Cause you're not welcome anymore
    Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
    You think I'd crumble?
    You think I'd lay down and die?
    Oh no, not I, I will survive
    Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive
    I've got all my life to live
    And…

20. saintrichie123

<laugh>
    I think we be hearing a lot of cases like that, if people don’t want the vaccine ala Matt le Tiss, then that’s fine that’s your right.....but don’t tell others not to have it and spread misinformation.
    It’s everybodys right to make their own decision.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.