1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by lifecheshirewhite, Feb 25, 2020.

1. lifecheshirewhite

Have you seen the pictures, from a packed beach in Dorset, 2 idiots having to be flown to hospital after jumping off cliffs into the sea.
    Them 2 should have been left to feed the fish and the thousands of morons packed in on the beach, should all have I'm a fookin idiot tattooed across their forheads.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Scotland want to make their own decisions and calls on Covid 19 yet the Scottish Furlough scheme is being funded by Westminster

Infidel and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I
    used to get worked up looking at such videos of what clowns were up to. I don’t bother anymore, there’s no point. My attitude now is for my own family circle to do things as right as we can. Rest of world can F off and do whatever they want. They will anyway

Infidel and ristac like this.
  4. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Silly me, I thought it was being funded by the UK taxpayer.

Who’s footing the bill then, Boris and Dominic, those well-known altruists?

Whitejock likes this.
  5. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Joking aside, there appears to be a groundswell of epidemiological expertise (4 government scientific advisors) saying the they believe it’s too soon to be easing lockdown in England with transmission rates still too high.

This is them covering their backs against public backlash and indemnifying themselves against prosecution in the event that the situation deteriorates, so I’d be tempted to expect the worst.

Just saying....

wakeybreakyheart and Whitejock like this.
  6. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

This is where we are. In Queensland we have had 7 deaths and there are now 6 people known to still have the virus in the state of about 5 million people.

For Australia as a whole:

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 11.51.43 am.png

We still can't travel freely in Australia, State borders and restrictions apply. It wont be until 12.00 noon 1st June that a Queenslander can travel where they want in Queensland and we can still only have 10 people in a restaurant etc., the schools went back last Monday. So if what I am reading is correct about the UK then I would say you are possibly moving too fast. No evidence for that but I know people here were concerned about the easing of restriction based on our low level of infections. As for opening international borders well The minister last week said it was risky to book a cruise before the end of Sept and I can see only being able to travel to "clean" countries like NZ etc before the end of 2020.

7. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

It's not the "traveling to clean countries", Eric, it's coming back that could be a problem.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

B774CFED-ED0C-4BBC-BB04-D8713832CDA3.jpeg

Black Lives Matter protest in Peckham yesterday, more protests planned

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

That's my way too bud Feck the rest.
    Scotland have their own budget Davy.

10. wakeybreakyheart

lifecheshirewhite likes this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

This morning on sky news wee Jimmy Sturgeon has denied the English figures on deaths and Scottish people have died of other symptoms and not the virus she has stated. Oh how the mighty have fallen. This woman will say anything I thought she had it all under wraps. They sent people from hospital to care homes without testing and infected lots of others. It seems Mrs perfect is not perfect after all.

12. wakeybreakyheart

Rosie Duffield Labour has admitted breaking lockdown rules. I make that six one to the cons now.

13. wakeybreakyheart

Disgusting behaviour we don't need this crap.

ristac likes this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

Totally different situation to the U. K. we had millions on holiday all over the world. Lots of schools are not going to open on Monday. A lot of these are Labour run councils who are making this a political situation. Your country is huge and easier to control. It takes as long from west to east by air as it does to fly from here to Turkey.

15. lifecheshirewhite

They just want to get in on the looting, ship them off to the USA

brisbane-lion and ristac like this.
  16. lifecheshirewhite

You never really had the virus like the West has, it won't ever be cleared here until there is a vaccine, Europe will just release lockdown enough to keep it under control, like Germany has, there R rate is about 1 meaning they will continue to have 400 or so cases every day, and they seem to have accepted that.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

There are a number of articles about the FM. If you're referring to this one, as I think you are, then you've only read the headline ...

"Scotland’s coronavirus death rate higher than Italy and USA and among the worst in the world, according to stats expert"

Again, if it's this article, you seem to have missed this statement, which appears more than once ...

" The excess death rate of Scots - which tracks deaths above the normal level and is seen as a good indicator of Covid-19 mortalities - is higher than Italy and the United States, though lower than the UK as a whole".

It seems that Boris the Butcher of Britain still retains the title!

Or perhaps you were talking about the hairdresser article?

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

I prefer the Scottish sun it has to be more accurate as its Scottish.

19. wakeybreakyheart

No I was referring to care home deaths.

20. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why we haven't enforced lockdown better. Yes we have the R rate down below 1 (though barely), and the daily deaths/cases are decreasing, but how on earth are we still getting 8,000 new infections and 2-300 hundred deaths a day? Only reasonable explanation is that the public haven't had enough respect for the lockdown and rather than just abide by the rules as instructed, continually flouted the regulations and tried to find loopholes in the system, like those ****ing VE Day conga lines or Cummings' well-publicised trip. And now the government can't get the curve any flatter because more and more of the public are getting fed up with the restrictions so we're loosening them faster than the scientists believe is appropriate because we need to get the economy back up and running. How the hell is track and trace going to work when you've got 8,000 new cases a day, many of whom will be asymptomatic?

There will be a second spike in cases now, and there will inevitably be a second period in lockdown in one form or another, I'm pretty much resigned to it now. The government's handling of this has been a complete **** show from day 1, but the biggest mistake was putting far too much faith in the British public. Collectively we have no common sense, and have continually proven this. But to be honest, who can blame us, when even at the top of government we have idiots operating heavy machinery on public roads to test that their impaired eyesight is still good enough for them to drive 260 miles across the country with their wife and child in the car?

We've spent over two months in lockdown - if this had been handled correctly and was enforced properly we could've been out inside a month, albeit with social distancing maintained.

NostradEmus, davy and Whitejock like this.