1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Corona virus and football

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nig, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Breaking now ‘EFL will pay for all Covid testing’

That’s £150k liability removed for all clubs.

This is moving fast now.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  2. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Rumours league 2 teams have decided to stop and weighted points per game be used

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think that’s confirmed.

4. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Yes mate, confirmed on the BBC website

Nads likes this.
  5. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

For once I can't complain about the Italian FA's attitude to fans. I have a season ticket with SPAL over here and have just applied for my refund. The amount was calculated properly based on the number of games missed.

Smug in Boots and Nads like this.
  6. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

Just read on BBC news that there has been 6 positive tests in the premier League..I still have massive reservation's about the league's finishing.

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

There were almost 30 in the Bundesliga. It went ahead. 6 is in line with the infection rate nationally.

It was expected.

JC91 and farnboromackem like this.
  8. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware of those Bundesliga facts Nads so thanks.

Nads likes this.
  9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

The thing with it is, if they are to be tested twice a week at the clubs cost, they are going to be the safest folk in earth.

They will know, for certain, there is zero risk of infection whilst working and playing.

Wouldn’t we all return to normality with those conditions? Of course we would.

10. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I'm not being awkward but surely, if they're tested on a Friday and play on Saturday, they can be infected.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I’d imagine, and I’m not sure but I’m sure we will find out, that direct family are also tested, like they’ve done in Germany.

12. Smug in Boots

And the player's visiting lap dancers <laugh>

Nads likes this.
  13. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

Troy Deeney isn't too happy with the decision to return to training, he's refused saying his baby has breathing difficulties and also pointed out the increased risk to BAME players. Black men and women are nearly twice as likely to die from coronavirus.
    Deeney said he was at a meeting with the Premier League, medical experts and the team captains and asked a few simple questions. "For black, Asian and mixed ethnicities, they're four times more likely to get the illness, they're twice as likely to have long lasting illnesses - is there anything extra, additional screening, heart stuff to see if people have got problems with that? No. OK, well I feel that should be addressed."
    He went on "I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, just because they don't know the information.So I said if you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?"
    Newcastle pie eater in chief Fatty Bruce Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme about the Premier Leagues planned protocols said: "The vast majority of our squad have seen it and are satisfied. But everybody's personal circumstances are different. You could have a pregnant wife at home or you could have a sick mother-in-law or whatever. We'd have to respect them."
    The players don't want to play, they should tell the League and TV broadcasters to **** off.

14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

So, they tell their employers and the people who fund the game to ‘**** off’?

Even at this point it’s been made clear players who don’t feel comfortable will be excused, and that it will ‘only return if safe’.

Deeney there has a genuine reason and his club and the league have backed his stance, no problem.

Why are folk finding it so hard to see that the economic damage is far, far wider than football.

Football is a massive employer. The supply chains are huge. The outreach of a big club is thousands of related jobs.

People will read and look at it from a personal viewpoint, and you simply can’t do this.

Ive engaged and debated with many, a lot with Smug, and what we can all see is there is no black and white solution.

The closure of the league and the financial hit to the clubs would have a catastrophic effect on thousands of lives, long term. That is fact, unquestionable fact.

Remember the redundancies at SAFC? All but the top 6-8 clubs would have that. Then there’s a shortage of jobs as other businesses are cutting numbers to survive, before you know it we have not a snowball but an avalanche and then where are we?

We have to aim for normality. There’s no personal gain in families being thrown into further disarray, if the situation can be managed.

Leagues all over the world are now back in running, even Italy and Spain have confirmed dates.

The economic impact isn’t more important than health, but it is directly linked.

farnboromackem and Smug in Boots like this.
  15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/

Here is Germany’s stats in depth. They lifted lockdown on the 7th May.

Cases continue to plummet. The key graph is ‘new cases v new recoveries’ towards bottom.

It has stopped growing, and recovery rate is rocketing, AFTER lockdown lifted.

There was a 2 day spike and now it’s dropping off.

47 deaths, but none from ‘new infections’.

The reporting on this, the factual and accurate numbers, is fantastic. No shuffling or varying the barometers. They even show the severity of the active cases.

16. Smug in Boots

Only 8000 deaths, wtf?

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

They locked down as soon as a threat, managed their way out, and were open about increased risks per region etc.

After a tiny spike as they eased lockdown deaths have fallen off a cliff and infections are dropping daily despite extensive, open to all testing.

They just get **** done mate. Apart from World Wars, they are **** at them <laugh>

18. Smug in Boots

I think they won the 2nd tbh ....

... we never really recovered and now we have Churchill's ghost running the country <doh>

Nads likes this.
  19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Das bastards.

20. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Good news is, it's now only 14 UK government f*ck ups until the Premier League returns.

Smug in Boots, rooch 3 and Nads like this.