1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Core of the Team

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, May 30, 2018.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

And he is a real ITFC Heart on his sleeves player with passion - we need a few of those even tho he makes a few gasping mistakes. Everyone does!

2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Feck me.....Hyam has Premiership ability, that means Skuse has Champion's League ability! Quick, sell him for 80 million!

Westlake33 likes this.
  3. Spanish

My view, for what its worth (yeah I know....not a lot)

The following are not good enough.

Spence
    Chambers
    Knudsen
    Skuse
    Nydham (sorry but don't get the hype)
    Garner (spends too much time moaning and throwing himself on the floor)

Need to build the team around the likes of Doz, Downes, Emmanuel and Webster

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Amen!

If Hyam has Premiership ability, I'll seriously give my boots a good dusting down, start training and I'll easily pick up a league 1 club.

5. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Spanish, mate, seriously...how can you say Nydam is not good enough? (the others, i kinda agree though)
    I've defended your views on a number of occasions, but to say that Nydam, at 18, and with England U19's, is just talking out of your backside.
    What next, Bart is overrated too?

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

When he came into the team he was the best player we had and the best midfielder at the club since Civelli. That's ability, not form.

7. Westlake33

Seriously you really are on the wind up on this forum. Well fished!!!! I salute you sir, that is top top wumming.

itfcptc likes this.
  8. Spanish

Just saying...18 or not, what I have seen, not overly impressed. Maybe I was harsh but don't get the hype tbh!

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Westlake, it would appear you are getting Ipswich confused with some other club. That's the only sense I can make of what you post. There are not any good midfielders at the moment. We are not talking about Matt Hollands or John Warks. It's not tough for Hyam to have been the most talented in recent years.

10. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

If Hyam was 100% fit, and played to his best regularly, then i'd have him above Skuse any day - the problem is, he's never been fit long enough to see his true potential. I can see where Yorkie is coming from, he definitely still has the potential to play higher championship, and MAYBE even lower prem (as a squad player) - No WUM, no wind up, just my honest opinion - there's a decent player in there (somewhere)

11. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I agree. But then I remember Anthony Wordsworth and Andy Drury looking decent for us in patches and they've dropped down the leagues.

Would have loved to see Hyam kick on, but think that moment has well and truly gone and had he had some more luck/different manager he could have been plying his trade at the top end of the Champ.. But he has been lacking a lot of the basics in terms of technique for too long that he won't ever be above us. He simply has been allowed to get away with playing a very limited way and hasn't developed other areas of his game which would have helped him contribute far more

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Possibly in a new environment he can kick on. He's still only 26. But he is going to have to hit the ground running wherever he goes next.

13. Westlake33

Jesus you actually think Hyam is a good footballer. It appears you are not on the wind up.

Okay * deep breath. IF Hyam is 100% fit etc and playing as well as he can, and can stay that etc then yes he's worth keeping as part of our 18. I would agree with that.

On the basis that he's played so few games since 14/15 - and for his game, he needs to be totally fit for the hussle / bussle / what he's about then jesus christ all day long he had to go.

Even when he is playing as well as he can - sorry , not in a million years for me. Positional sense of a Sunday morning player. Sure, he puts in a big challenge and many a limited football fan in the crowd think ' wooooahhhh Lukey Hyam nice one he's showing passion etc ' - if he wasn't 15 yards away from where he was in the first place, he wouldn't need to come flying in with a stupid tackle.

14. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

My 2d worth.I think Hyam was unlucky to have Dino as his manager at a pivotal period in his career (i.e. 21-26).

itfcptc likes this.
  15. Westlake33

I personally think he's lucky to have such a good agent to get him that last two year deal he robbed us for.

16. Alhare

Alhare Member

I think that sums it up perfectly.

17. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

The annual jolly to County Kildare in Ireland seems to have been knocked on the head as PH has confirmed the squad will be doing pre season in Spain this year.

New Manager, New Regime and it makes sense to do something different as I think that Ireland trip was partly an ego massaging exercise for Mick as well as doing 5 years of the same pre season can only lead to players getting too 'comfortable'

Will be interesting to see what noises come out from the first couple of weeks as every player should have something to prove and PH might have some different ideas of what is expected as well as who is ready to contribute from the youngsters

Nuggets likes this.
  18. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

And Hurst apparently persuaded Marcus Evans to fund the training camp. Let's just hope that hasn't eradicated this summer's transfer budget!

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

How can you be inspired or challenged if you do the same thing every year? I'm sure McCarthy would have gone further afield had he had more budget but that's the sort of short sightedness that has been hampering us, in the scheme of things it's not going to cost an awful lot.

20. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Symptomatic of his whole approach to the Club in the last couple of years, a couldn't care less shoulder shrug. The most passion he showed was telling his own fans to eff off at Carrot Road.