1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Contract Expire

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by laticdickovarmy, May 9, 2011.

1. laticdickovarmy

So we know that this is the week that we get an idea next years squad

Question is who would u keep/release

Keep
    Alessandra
    Black
    Evina
    Hazell
    Morais

Release
    Brill
    Jones
    McDonald
    McGrath
    Ollenshaw
    Smalley
    Todd

Sign
    M'Voto

Opinions please

2. Midland latic

Midland latic Member

Not a bad guess with Smalley added to your list and Lewis gone. Glad jones is going, hasn't looked good all season. But Black and cedric on the left, Lee and Smalley on right - Taylor down the middle or free role next year. Brill has to go but Dickov's let Josh go so can't see him letting brill go. Maybe keep as number 2 but need a new number 1 but who ?????

3. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

Does anyone think we can hold on to Taylor?

4. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

You wanted him gone for half a million quid last time I heard snufflenose so don't come across all needy now. We are OVER

5. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

I heard you put in a Mill for him. Just rumors like. Realastically, 700K+ = Off you pop son.

I've also heard deals involving Kilkenny, but you've released him haven't you?

6. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

I would release Brill, but I’m not sure why he wasn’t at the cub today. It’s been rumoured that he is one of the highest paid players, so if he stays I would expect him to take a pay cut.

There are also no guarantees that those offered a new contract will actually re-sign for the club. After all the playing budget has been reduced and they could all be offered lower wages.

As for Taylor, I think if he hadn’t been Oldham born he would have left well before now. However, if a big(ish) Championship club offers Latics a decent transfer fee and Taylor a bumper pay rise he’d be off!

I wouldn’t be surprised if a few clubs come sniffing around Lee and Furman as well. I think we’re in for a busy summer, with a few new faces by August. For me Dickov should start with the spine of the team – that’s a new keeper, centre back, centre midfielder and a striker.

7. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

Not yet Yonner mate but we will see, he did well with you lot a few seasons ago didn't he, I wouldn't be too bothered if he went, we ain't gonna win promotion with him and Howson leading the CM anyway

8. Midland latic

Midland latic Member

See Taylor going to Leeds -Johnson out of contract there £1m should be enough -kilkenny ??? No thanks turned his back on us last time

9. laticdickovarmy

Did Smalley not fall out with PD
    I would agree with Mark all good teams have a keeper, centre half, midfielder and striker i would release Reid as wel
    Suarez looks good we will have him lol, Tails is not worth 1mil hand on heart but he is the local lad and its too good for the club to turn down if it comes in would pay the bill for a long time and again we have to sign m'voto especially as he wants to stay

What's the situation with Dale he must have signed pre-contract with Saints, Furman will be subject of intrest so glad that Lee signed a new deal recently

Expect a lot of movement

10. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

Reid has been released. Smalley may still join Chesterfield on a permanent basis, but as he's under 23 we should be entitled to compensation.

11. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Kilkenny's not realistically going to Oldham - he turned our wage offer down which will likely have been in excess of £10k. He's a cracking player when he's on his day and I've no doubt he'd get a League One side ticking but he's definitely looking for a move to an ambitious Championship club. Could see him at Brighton to be honest, suits their style of football.

As for Taylor, it gets said every year and frankly I don't think Grayson will be given £700k to spend in total, let alone on one player. If one of Snodgrass/Gradel leaves, I'm sure we'll either mop up someone on a free transfer or use backup players Lloyd Sam or Oldham superstar Aidy White.

12. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Good riddance. Reid wasn't up to it, on my opinion.

At least he managed to lose a bit of weight by the end of the season, so he accomplished something.