1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Contes boys vs Klipperty Klopps

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BobbyD, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Couple of our old boys for them

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

that is what I am talking about. We cannot lose any game when Tony plays 11 men.

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Thibo awful as usual. Simon is better than him doh!!!

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Pull Baka and bring Will

5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Told u tony to pull Baka. He isn't 100% fit yet. Awful..

But Alvaro should have had a hatrick . he has missed many today.

Class from Mo.

6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Cescy onnnn?? Ship more goals??

Bring Will on please.

Scouse **** today. Entire right side for taking.

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Zappa **** today. Good to bring Will on. We can still win. Would have liked around 60 mins. Awful from Tony

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

What the Fcuk did I say.

I know my ducking ****

9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Tony gifted 1pt and dropped 2 pts against **** loserpool team Ffs.

10. The Ginger Marks

Bollocks again Stan, Drinkwater and Bakayoko should have been pulled at half time. All the subs played well. Chelsea deserved the point but not all three because Liverpool were decent today. <ok>

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Well we got our point, but actually could have got all 3. A few players were pretty poor today, Bakayoko off colour, Zappa made some excellent runs but made poor options, Drinkwater looked like he's still not sharp enough. Cahill was OK, as was Christensen, though he doesn't yet have the confidence to add some attack to his game. Hazard and Morata were outstanding and another day Morata could have had a couple. Alonso did pretty well, Courtois as well. Dave was excellent throughout and Kante was Kante.
    Think we were a bit defensive in our selections, though understandable. Fabregas added some attacking flair and Willian and Pedro some zip. Salah was really good, but our defence had him covered on all but a couple of occasions, so well done to them. Liverpool on the whole are no great shakes on this display, and a point each is maybe a fair result.

Gareth1808 and StanDMan like this.
  12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Appropriate summary of the match CP

13. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Tbf, Liverpool would have been better "shakes" if Klopp would have started with Mane and Firminho.

I'd deffo have taken a draw before the game but after going ahead and not being good enough defensively or tactically to hold on the result feel like a defeat, Chelsea well worth the point but from our point of view Klopp needs the help of defence and goalkeeping coaches, or at least better than we've got now, but he's a stubborn ****er.

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Draw was a fair result although i'm annoyed we didn't win. If we thought we had a chance to catch City up then we deffo will not now imo.

Thought zappacosta had a great first half and was okay 2nd half. Lacked in decision making and crossing but showed great energy and made things happen.

Thought hazard had a pretty good game but not as amazing as some suggest, he lost a ball a lot by trying to dribble too much imo.

Drinkwater and Baka were fine. Okay solid games, would have liked them to have done a bit more but nothing outstanding or outright bad.

Dave was imperious and made some great tackles

Saw the best and worse of Willian, scored a goal and then proceeds to mess up our counter attack when it was 4 on 2.

Thought Cahill had the worst game of our defence. Nothing outrageously bad but he got turned by salah a few times which we were lucky to get away with.

Its such a shame Ngolo is not that great going forward as he's so good in all other departments.

Morata i felt could have held the ball up better or anticipated a few more chances where the ball nicked off defenders and he was behind. A good game but if he wants to be world class he needs to be able to adjust really.

Conte had a solid game plan and did really well to set the team up in stopping coutinho from cutting in and surrounding salah. It's a shame he didn't make his subs earlier and be a bit more ambitious. Especially for Hazard who was clearly out on his feet

15. Chelsea Pensioner

Yeah I understand, Conte too set up a bit too defensively. Klopp needs to concentrate on his defence for next season, January not the best buying period for him. Strange isn't it, our midfield has been our achilles heel for 3 or 4 years and apart from Kante, we buy forwards, wing backs, goalkeepers defenders and only pick up scraps for the midfield. Maybe Drinkwater will prove me wrong and Bakayoko is very inexperienced, but we don't have the ambition to pick up a Morata or Costa quality midfielder.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  16. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Bit too much of a safe starting XI for me. Don't think we really needed Kante, Bakayoko AND Drinkwater, would've put Cesc in the 3, we improved massively when he came on.

Thought we defended well though and Cahill did struggle once or twice against Salah but when you're against somebody in that form it's hard not to. Christensen continues to impress and Azpi is ever reliable. I think it's starting to show that our wing backs need a break though, good to have Moses fit especially as we play a lot in December but we definitely made a mistake in the summer by not signing someone to play on the left.

Decent weekend for us though, Spurs didn't win a game which they should and a point at Anfield is always decent. Got a good run of games coming up now (on paper) so should be looking at maximum points imo.

17. Chelsea Pensioner

To his credit Contes' subs all worked really well, Pedro added some more zip and Willian finding spaces in behind where Zappa had been making great runs and bad crosses or decisions. Fabregas immediately brought some creativity and our forwards got better chances even though Hazard was fading. Very good point to get though, in retrospect, a more attacking line up may well have won it.

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep, perfect summary of match.

Azpi, superb, back to his best

19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Would have started Cesc > Drinky. He would have scored making runs into box, where Drinky did not get a shot off

Gareth1808 likes this.
  20. Chelsea Pensioner

I think that's right, though given the work rate and travel prior to game, I understand why Fab was not starting. Perhaps if he had, and then got replaced at half time, we might have nicked one , or even two, as I didn't really expect us to be so much in the game so early. Tough call for Conte, who did everything to win the game with his subs when the game took the turns it did.