1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Contes boys vs Klipperty Klopps

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BobbyD, Nov 23, 2017.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

People (well 1 so far) are upset there are no match threads so i will start some i guess seeing i have some free time:

We meet up with Klopp boys this weekend and another one of our ex boys (thanks jose) is ripping it up in the league which i'd predicted (been in my FF team all season).

Salah is at the moment looking super dangerous and even though he's not great at finishing, he gets himself into so many good opportunities he can afford to miss a few. On the other side they are well balanced by another speed demon in Mane.

Which brings me to our defence. I must say i'm crapping my pants at the prospect of Cahill and Alonso keeping Salah at bay. Less so about Mane with the two Daves (Although saying that, Dave seems to **** his pants whenever hes up against Zaha).

I suspect Conte will go to his favoured 3-5-2 and i think it's imperative that we start Christensen in the centre as positionally he's just far better than Luiz.

1 thing to note, Liverpool for all the criticism of a ropey defence have only conceded 1 goal at home this season so if anyone thought we were going to bag easily might want to not feel so confident... saying that though Matip is out so if Lovren and Klaven are there alongside Moreno then there really cannot be any excuses.

Even though a draw will be a good result i will be disappointed if we do not win as we have to win to keep up with City. That is more my heart speaking though as i fully expect Cahill and Alonso to be ripped a new one so hopefully Christensen will intercept everything

StanDMan likes this.
  2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Draw will be ok for top 4 but we need to win if we have any aspirations of clawing City back.... however unlikely that seems at present.

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is the proverbial Cescy + Alonso + Cahill game.

We start we lose. Simples boys.
    I can be ok with Cahill alone starting.

I have hope that Conte will do the right thing.
    He will not surrender 3 pts before KO.

Dropping Cescy will guarantee 1pt for sure.
    My POTY pick, Mo is my fantasy captain. Hope I jinx him. But think Alonso will do his best for my fantasy team. He is going to get mauled. He was subbed out in Baku Ffs.

Looks like Conte wants to push for Sandro in Jan.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Every match thread is "if we play Alonso, Cahill and Cesc, we lose". BORING.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Boring and wrong.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

No.. O
    I didn't say against Baggies and mighty Qarabag. But against Klopp it is suicide.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Excellent post Bobby D, I am now officially a happy chappy again.
    Salah must be causing some concern, but swapping Azpi and Cahill was not a success, so who knows what we might do. I have absolutely no problems with Christensen except I don't think he is yet better than Luiz. Can they play together? Maybe, but Liverpool are not the team to start experimenting against.
    Tough ask for our players, and Pool tanked badly against Atletico. Hope we don't set up for a draw, though that's really all I think we might get.

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

If we are solid read without Alonso & Cescy we can win this.

If we frustrate Klopp they will fall prey.
    But Conte's team selection will make of break again

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I think Christensen is more a defenders defender whereas Luiz can do it but has lost form so i wouldn't want him to be in the centre (most important for clearing stuff). Luiz last year had me raving and i've always rated him but this year he just got a few too many errors in him and laziness (passing players on a lot, but i think thats down to his injury? he has strapping on all the time). I wouldn't mind him replacing cahill but cahill has been playing well.

Likewise i dont think we should play anyone else at LB for alonso as alonso is the only lb we have. He provides the energy. I hate dave in a wingback position as he provides nothing going forward as a wingback as great as a player he is.

Still doesn't mean i dont think salah wont rip us one down the side. Alonso and Cahill both hate dribblers and pace which salah does both. Last yeah City ripped us down that side time and again (was it sane? cant remember who) and walker but we managed to hold off city from their poor finishing and we lost to spurs.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

11. Chelsea Pensioner

That "rest" might have helped Luiz over his nagging injury and freshened him up. However I also think Christensen deserves to start as he hasn't put a foot wrong.I expect Kante and / or Bakayoko will keep a special eye on Salah so Alonso and Cahill if they play might get some help before Salah really gets cracking. I just hope we don't go all defensive with our selections as that has backfired on us more often than not. If we hadn't had that long flight or had a couple more days to recover, I'd fancy us to rattle Liverpool big time. Now, I think last 20 mins we will need all 3 replacements on as tiredness takes over.
    Interesting match, I'd take the draw now if offered, but then, you just never know, we might roll them !

BobbyD likes this.
  12. The Ginger Marks

Indeed, I noticed Conte played Luiz last night to see how he was progressing. It wasn't a great game for Luiz but not damaging given the opposition, therefore I agree that Christensen should play middle against Liverpool although like some this won't be the only factor that will potentially win or lose this game.

BobbyD likes this.
  13. Chelsea Pensioner

You're right, I understand we will have 10 other players on the pitch and Liverpool will also line up with 11 !!!!
    Care to name your team??
    Mine is
    Courtois, Dave, Christensen, Cahill Zappa (or Moses if fit) Alonso , Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Hazard and Morata.
    Another time I would have found a place for Willian, and I tossed up about starting with Fabregas of Drinkwater, but after our long mid week trip, better to go with the strength and re assess at half time.

14. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Willian should start over Cescy to counter Mane & Mo.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, great defender Willian <ok>

StanDMan likes this.
  16. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I never have any idea of how we will do anymore, it's just blind hope. Matip is a very good center back but Klavan and Lovern are terrible. Goals against at home is 1 for us which is very good but I have a feeling there will be goals today and that to win we will have to score at least 3.

18. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Really surprised that only one goal you have conceded at home in league.

You have played only Jose's Baggies & Goons. no other top 6 side. Conceded 1 against Burnley.

19. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

No Cescy, Yes Danny, Yes Party!!!!!

20. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Just like your birthday and xmas all in one Stan.

StanDMan likes this.