1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Congratulations Reading

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by frankimus, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Saint Elsewhere

Saint Elsewhere Well-Known Member

Big well done to the Royals - great stuff, & hopefully we'll be there with you come Saturday :smiley:

2. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

If there's a pattern that's emerging with Saints - finish second but better (the following season) the team who finishes first - I'd take that.
    Plus, Norwich will finish this season much stronger than QPR, so I'm happy for that pattern to persist too. Would also love first, though - seeing as it's there.

Assuming both Saints and Reading go into the last game not knowing who will finish first, how do the league make sure there are preparations at two grounds to present the trophy? Is it just replicas?

Hopefully Nigel's bus will be an open-top one come the final day!

3. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing! Anyone know?

4. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

They will use a helicopter to deliver the trophy to the respective winner.

5. Saintalona

Saintalona Well-Known Member

Well done Reading! I don't know which is more unreal us being in the top two with a good chance of playing premiership football next year or Reading going on this amazing run!

Lets hope now they are promoted they hand us the title, like good sports! ;)

6. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

You have to hand it to the McDermonator - his record is spookily perfectly segmented. Of his 131 games in charge, he's got an almost exact 50% total Reading wins (66) - Mr. Symmetry! 25% draws, and 25% wins near enough too.

There is a line that has been drawn from Mourinho - I wonder where it end? Mourinho - Rodgers - McDermott: each influencing the other. I used to love Coppell too - Reading have a great lineage in managers, and, since Coppell, each as dour and unspectacular a character as you can hope to see giving a post-match interview. What's in the water?

7. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Probably doing things the Reading Way..? I'd like to hear Graeme Murty's view on that, because he's every bit as much Reading as he is Saints. He must be chuffed for them.

8. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Judging by his twitter he is more a Royal than he is a Saint. But having (potentially) both promoted must be rather nice!

9. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Can't blame him at all. He had some cracking times with Reading - was their Captain the last time they went up = so you can't begrudge him the celebrations. He did mention that he can't wait for Saints to join them. He's also hoping that WHU implode. Now that's a nice touch, don't you think..? :D