1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Confirmed Signing

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, Jan 30, 2019.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

After the rumours on twitter yesterday, it has now been confirmed that Gills have signed Dundee United winger Billy King on loan to the end of the season. Decent age and has played a lot of football in the SPL with Hearts. Also played for Rangers.

Welcome to the club Billy.
    https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2019/january/king-loan/

brb likes this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I don't know much about Scottish football but thought Championship was quite a poor standard, if he is surplus to Dundee I do wonder whether he is up to league 1 in the EFL, I guess we will find out over the next couple of weeks.

I did see a Dundee supporter comment,.....He can't beat eggs let alone a defender.

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

That's a little bit cleaner than your 'stock' assessment of not being able to polish turds.
    Whilst I will give him my support, I can't help feeling that we have already got pace [wingers], in the squad (( Garmston, Hanlon, List )). I would have liked to have a better forward to support Eaves, and / or a midfielder who can control the midfield / one that can win a tackle.

4. brb

brb CR250

I'm don't wish to be critical of the loan, and good luck to the lad, but a winger?

Where is he fitting in, refer to alwaysright's list of player options we already have, let alone the pace that he has mentioned too, actually ignore this message and refer back to the comment about!

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Well we played 4-3-3 on Tuesday night and we did look a lot better and solid across the middle. Perhaps Lovell is now toying with the 4-3-3/4-5-1 model which is where King will get his opportunities. Let's not write him off yet, he has also played a lot in the SPL for Hearts and Dundee United which is about lower championship level so there must be a player in there.

6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I would hardly call it writing him off, he has been with us for 24 hours already and as yet not scored a single goal or made a single assist how many chances are we supposed to give him. <doh>

7. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Some decent ones there, and he's obviously willing to have a go from distance which is encouraging from a confidence point of view.

Here's hoping...