1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Confirmed! Roly the Cvnt NOT actually gone

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Nov 29, 2019.

1. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Dushitelet will have the last laugh after all.

Worrying times.

legaleagle and lardiman like this.
  2. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

If Southall has lied to us about ESI buying everything in the summer it's game over mate.

We'll know in about 6 months.
    And I won't be interested in any more waffle or changing statements. He said the summer.
    That means before next season begins.

This, after telling us ESI owned everything already. A whopper big enough to make even KM blush (if you'll pardon the innuendo).

3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

I believe their "obligation" was to be met in 6 months, so by the 30th June. Assuming we were not misled again<whistle>

4. lardiman

Forum Moderator

The Club gets my ST money when Roland is 100% gone.

If he remains owner beyond the summer then I'll keep an eye out for the emergence of AFC Charlton if it ever happens, and pop along to watch them up the park on a Sunday. Donate a few bob to them as well.

If Southall is lying about the summer, I have no faith at all in ESI's ability to take Charlton Athletic anywhere.
    More likely we will become a plaything for Nimer, with a bunch of dodgy middle eastern players in the team.
    Just as bad as Roland's Liege feeder Club network experiment.

5. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Agents spout more rubbish than me.

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

This is how I read the agreement. What really jumped out at me was that they hereby grant power of attorney to Staprix. This didn't appear to my untrained eye to be conditional. I'm waiting for someone with legal training on CL to translate it into English. One thing very clear is that Roland doesn't trust the new owners, hence why else would anything over£100,000 in value need to have a metal plate attached, stating that it is the property of Staprix?

7. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Something doesn't smell right about the new owners. I am very worried about the separation of the Football Club from the ground/ training ground. I know what ESI have said about it and I suppose we will just have to wait until the Summer.
    Also on the playing side, nothing seems to be happening which must be very frustrating for Lee Bowyer. Again, I suppose we will have to wait until the window closes.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  8. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0127-lipss

9. legaleagle

legaleagle New Member

As a lawyer looking at what's happened I can say the following.
    ESI have bought CAFC Ltd for what I guess to be a token sum, say £1 and also taken on all the running costs.
    They have leased all the property with an option to purchase the Freeholds at some undefined time in the future.
    Both selling CAFC Ltd and creating new charges over those properties required under their Debenture, the permission of 7 individual ex Directors who hold charges over all the assets of CAFC Ltd,Holdings and Baton 2010, that permission has not been given by any of them as far as anyone can ascertain.
    Although from comments on other forums and past statements from some of those individual Ex Directors, it is clear at least some of them have not and will not agree to those changes .
    So I guess we can expect sparks to fly.

10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Especially when Matt states that ESI are in no hurry to redeem the Debentures held by the former Directors? These people (the Debenture holders) are lifelong Charlton Supporters being treated rather badly by a new set of foreign owners.

Not a good start by Matt and ESI in my view.

ForestHillBilly likes this.

11. legaleagle

legaleagle New Member

Think they might be taking legal advice based on previous comments from them when Aussies tried to offer them a discount, and it looks like their legal agreement has been broken.

12. deleted.....

Matt said the Debenture Holders were not acting 'Jointly & Severally' so ESI was going to try to pick them off one by one …. once again... these Debenture Holders are life Long Addicks for God sake!... It's like something the Mafia would do... Divide and conquer <yikes>

13. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

all thoroughly decent blokes as well. One was on the train with @Miketyson2007Junior and I coming back from Middlesbrough

Miketyson2007Junior likes this.
  14. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

The trouble is that when the Chairman of the new owners tells me that we own the Club lock stock and barrel I tend to believe him. It's a nasty habit believing people, I must get out of it.

lardiman likes this.
  15. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

You didn't believe me though <laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. deleted.....

No one likes a smart @rse TC <ok>

17. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

So it appears to be just me who is sweating over Roland having the Power of Attorney.

18. The Elfsborg Sparrow

And me.

19. legaleagle

legaleagle New Member

Big question is do ESI have any real money or are they just chancers.
    Without Sheiks money how much has Nimer got to spend, as the rest of the people involved are all far from multi millionaires.
    Roland is being very smart, keeping all the assets and letting ESI burn their cash on an unprofitable Football Club, when or if they fail he calls in his charges and lets an administrator sell the assets, or buys back the Club for a £1.
    This is not looking like a great deal for those who hoped for us being mega rich, unless of course the Sheik is really involved and in 5 months buys all the Real Estate too.
    But right now the whole deal is a mess, with Ex Directors supposedly ignored and pissed off and Roland still in control of all the major assets, and I guess Lawyers in motion.
    Great start as owners ESI, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words as we all know.

20. lardiman

Forum Moderator

And me.

Not Prince Andrew though.