1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Confirmed: Northam Stand to go home fans only, plus ST details for 2024/25

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by tomw24, Apr 18, 2024.

1. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nope, seats are provided so you can sit at HT and before the game. I've used safe standing at PL games - seats have to be provided.

2. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

Are they 'rail' seats, akin to the shelves that you get in bus shelters, or are they flip down seats, as at present?

3. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From what I've experienced at other grounds, the only difference with safe standing areas is the railing in front of each row of seats.

Lemons and Oranges likes this.
  4. Libby

Libby 9-0

I don't think they have to be do they? It's a choice for each club isn't it?

5. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No idea, but reading the FAQ's Saints have said the seats will remain.

6. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Ah, in Europe they've always had them locked and I assumed that was why. Maybe it is the clubs choice.

7. Shandy_top_89

Shandy_top_89 Well-Known Member

I guess it makes it easier to define your spot.

Also I think one of the deals with safe standing is that you don’t increase capacity and a ‘seat’ makes it easier to control the space.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  8. jacksk1

jacksk1 Well-Known Member

Purely me rambling to myself about whether I am going to be moving to the Safe Standing where I know I will need to stand up at every game or whether I hold fire and see what the renewal prices are at the end of the season for moving to somewhere else (I am in the 'cheap' section at the moment which will now be the Family section so will need to move somewhere else in any case).

Think I will probably just have wait for the renewal prices as I don't mind standing up at the odd away game but not sure I'm up for doing it at every home game.

9. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for a safe sofa section

10. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

With cushions behind it for the last 10 mins

ChilcoSaint likes this.

11. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My understanding of the rules in England and Wales (though I may be wrong) is that a seat has to be provided and it has to remain unlocked. Nor can it can permanently fixed open (ie it has to be flippable).

Yesterday was my first experience of safe standing. I'd still prefer to sit if given the choice - but I did find yesterday better than traditional standing. I didn't mind it.

12. Deserana

Deserana Well-Known Member

Could anyone answer why they’re rolling out the Safe standing season tickets block by block?

I feel a bit pissed off that it’s like I’m being punished for sitting where I sit as I’m sat in an area that’s last for priority of safe standing seats.

I understand prioritising the people that are losing seats, no issue with that. But then why is it not just open season after that? Why have 4 separate selling windows block by block? I can’t imagine it’ll all sell out but there will no doubt be scraps left by the time it gets to the tier I’m in for seemingly no other reason than I got unlucky I sit where I sit…

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

Finally got round to reading the FAQs and it does state there'll still be physical ticket options for 'older and accessible fans'

14. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes I read that. I took that to mean people who don't have a smart phone. I'm not sure how flexible the club will be with that TBH. I would prefer a physical ST but I'm not convinced they'll allow me to have one.

15. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'm just going to tell them I have no smartphone and they'll surely have no choice?

Assuming we don't win the play offs of course.

16. thereisonlyoneno7

I am a geek and normally would welcome a virtual ticket, scan my phone or watch to get in the ground. My issue is that quite often I can't go or my mate can't so we give our tickets to each other - how do you to that? I suppose a screenshot of the ticket in the app will fool the scanner (I understand it wont mean you can use it twice as once scanned you are there and you can't scan again)?

17. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Hmm, depends. A lot of digital tickets/QRs are now using a smart pixel, basically one unique pixel which isn't visible to the naked eye and can't be screenshotted, only scanned via the original version of the digital ticket. Any screenshots or duplicates are missing the pixel and would get declined. No idea if Saints are doing this.

I have potentially explained that terribly but I remember being talked to about this in a meeting with Ticketmaster once upon a time. <laugh>

18. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll do what Leicester are doing? I think they're allowing fans to get a physical card but adding it as a one-time cost to purchase at the start of the season.

19. thereisonlyoneno7

No that is exactly right! I forgot about that - a lot of apps use it now to stop fraud.

20. Libby

Libby 9-0

I imagine digital transfers will be quite straightforward tbh.