1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Confirmed: Mark Hughes signs 3 year deal

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by St. Luigi Scrosoppi, May 15, 2018.

?

Hughes?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

He may have booked a holiday to Barbados the day he was sacked by Stoke
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Funnily enough he cancelled a holiday to come in for our first of ten games.

2. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

I agree with this whole heartedly. I rather we do our full due diligence and get everything right for club and Mark Hughes.

I don't want us to be a West ham and do things to appease the fans for 5 minutes.

VocalMinority likes this.
  3. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Just to remind those of you with poor memories and who may have forgotten what I said last Sunday in post 288. This is not a done deal by any means.

4. ElliotMP

ElliotMP Well-Known Member

Hughes might be thinking twice about joining for personal reasons, the board may not really want him, or this has been sewn up for a while and the small details need to be ironed out. No one really knows whats going on. Just have to wait and see what happens.

5. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

The eagle has landed.

Still no news.

Anyway who gives a ****, I’m meeting my second grandchild in 30 mins [emoji38][emoji173]️.

WeMarchOn

6. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

Think it might be time to post my experience of a near identical situation.

At my current company when I joined the role was new so they only offered it as a 6 month contract to trail it.

It only took me half that to show I was an invaluable asset to the company and we both agreed to make the position permanent at the end of my current contract.

Negotiating the contract itself was quick as they have a framework and such for it. But then my boss wasnt sure about some rules he had to check with hr and it turns out we needed to advertise the job for a set time so needed to write up an advertisement etc and post it somewhere obscure so it got no responses from anyone else etc. Anyway, since we all knew the end result we were all very relaxed and put it on the backburner and did stuff when we had time. And somehow it got to the point where we were like, oh the contract ends in a couple of days, better get all this paperwork to HR.

But of course, unbeknownst to us, HR's leavers process starts a week before you actually leave and they had already sent out the notice to the various departments saying my contract was ending.

And on the day my contract would have ended. The IT department, acting with a promptness nobody has seen an IT department act with before or since, deleted my IT account while I was sitting at my computer working!!

Of course, this also included my phone system access. So I went up the stairwell to talk to IT in person . But naturally the doors from the stairwell are protected by a computerised lock and my card didn't work either! So got stuck in a corridor waiting for somebody in IT to stop playing solitaire and come outside to let me in so I could complain that my entire account had stopped working <laugh>.

They tried to recreate it and did a piss poor job so to this day I still get random issue come up like the other day where I found somewhere that listed me as a gardener?! <doh>

Anyway I think I had a point but I've forgotten it <laugh>

7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

WeCrawlOn

8. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I worked for a mercifully brief person at a very silly company, and one of the guys there had some apparently impossible-to-correct problem with the account used to connect to the VPN system used by the corporate head office. Because everything flowed through that system, he couldn't do anything; he came into work each day, would try the system, and then have a supervisor send an email to IT, as those were the necessary steps to confirm that the problem was still in evidence, after which he would sit at his desk and read. This was all he was allowed to do, because all data had to flow through their VPN for security reasons and he could not access it, and any other electronics were contraband, again for security. They weren't going to fire him, because he was in no way responsible, but neither could they figure out anything else for him to do within his job description.

If memory serves, he made it 2-3 months before the sheer tedium got to him, and he quit.

9. StJabbo

StJabbo Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new arrival. Feeling much the same myself. Woken by cock crows in our room overlooking Jemeluk bay East Bali manager and transfer cares gone. Tried to upload a photo but the file is to large. Enjoy the kids!

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  10. TheAdkinsDiet

TheAdkinsDiet Member

I can 100% confirm that Hughes will be announced later today, had to wait for 00:00 to strike as sounds better than tomorrow!

Whiteley Saint and Saintalona like this.

11. ElliotMP

ElliotMP Well-Known Member

Do we have an ITK in the making...

TheAdkinsDiet likes this.
  12. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

The ghost of Rocket Swannie?.....:emoticon-0112-wonde

13. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

I’m soo patient. It’s my middle name. Patient, patient, patient. I’m just over here right now being so patient and waiting super patiently. And calm. But mostly just patient. Yep, patient.

14. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

still no word. I check every morning!!

15. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

I've been adopting the line I use when Saints are playing a huge match and I'm not there. I pledge I will not look at my phone/flick on radio/pass large screen until it is all over. After all, I tell myself, I cannot affect the outcome. Obviously, when I'm at a match I have an impact greater than any super-sub; the EFL have still to rule on my claim to Gabbi's equaliser at Wembley last season. I digress. So, I decided I wouldn't look at this thread for seven days by which time even our dozy lot would have made a decision.

Useless, so back to plan B. I need to get down to SMS and bang some heads together. By the end of the weekend Liverpool will have lost 4-1 in the Cl final; Klopp will have fallen on his sword and taken the Saints job; he will be bringing Salah and Firminio with him.

Or ... we will have appointed Stubby Phillips, a former ice-cream salesman from Gosport, who was also a useful midfield player with "The Dog and Duck". Stubby will sign several current players from the D&D and we'll be energised beyond our wildest dreams according to Mr K.

My money's on Stubby.

AshbySaint likes this.
  16. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

The club's cunning plan is to leave us hanging so long we will no longer mind who they sign. An infallible method they have used before.

17. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

It’s perfect business. Supply and demand. Create the demand and hold back the supply.

Genius.

18. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

As Blackadder once said, there is only one tiny little flaw in this theory. It's bollocks.

19. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Sounds like our tactics on the pitch.

20. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Maybe MH is stuck in the same stairwell at St Mary's! Maybe someone's locked him in there deliberately!! :emoticon-0138-think