1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

COMMISSERATIONS TO WALES A GALLANT EFFORT

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aye shiny - you'll might even laugh as much as we did when you came home early from the Euros......<laugh><laugh>

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

.......after we had beaten you 2-1..<laugh> Ol'Sparkey..(but you done well)

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Wiz - some say we performed beyond our true ability but I don't buy that. Every result we got we earned. <ok>

We lost to you with a Sturridge goal deep into injury time in the group stage but we stuffed Slovakia and then Russia 3-0 - teams with whom you could only draw. Beating N. Ireland in the last 16 was an achievement, but even that didn't prepare us for our 3-1 humilation of class outfit Belgium in the Quarters.

Portugal in the semis was a bridge too far but at least we got there. <ok>

Red Robin and RedorDead like this.
  4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

<ok><ok><ok>

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't really mind the Welsh - or the Scots and Irish to be honest. I don't waste any emotion on them.
    I just reciprocate the wishes of their fans when they talk about England.
    Actually I am disillusioned with England too as a football team. They are overpaid serial underachievers. Obviously I always hope they win, but am not surprised when they don't and certainly wouldn't pay money to see them - probably similar to the sentiments that some City fans expressed at the height of LJs slump in the middle of last season - except England's slump has lasted since before I was born and I'm 50 - unless coming 4th in Italia 90 counts as an achievement.

6. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

DONT TAKE ME HOMEEEEEE <laugh><laugh>

7. bcfcredandwhite

That's Brexit for you......

8. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

'what you've never had you never miss' spings to mind for our Welsh friends

9. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

All my life (and i'm 45) I have wanted all the home nation teams to qualify for the major tournamnets as I have always felt it will benefit the game in the UK, but this year I'm with Shiny - f**k em!!

Through all these years I have seen Scottish fans always supporting whoever are Englands opponents, I remember reading a story after the 2002 World Cup that during the Argentina v England game they sold more Argentina shirts in Scotland in the days leading up to that game than they had Scottish shirts in that entire month.....wtf!!
    The Welsh are not quite as bad, mainly because they have had no team in my life time that has got near a major championship until last year, and guess what they were gobbing off as well and still are. They are the epitome of a one man team, if Bale doesn't score Wales don't score - simple as.

If I had a pound for every time a Scottish or Welsh person has said how 'lucky' England are for qualifiying for all the major tournaments I'd be a very very rich man. 10 qualifying games unbeaten while palying as woefully as they have is not lucky.

I still maintain that this is the worst England side since Graham Taylor's days of Carlton Palmer and co of the 93-95 era

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Usual uninformed bullshit about a one man team again. "if Bale doesn't score they dont score" my arse.

Bale hasn't scored since the home game against Serbia and did't even play in the last three away games in Serbia, Georgia and Moldova in all of which we scored, winning two and drawing the other.

Get real Supcon - we're a nation expected to win bugger all whilst you're a nation expected to win at least something internationally. You haven't succeeded in doing that for over 50 years since '66 which is quite pathetic for a "leading football nation".

You must admit last year's capitulation against Iceland in the Euros last 16 was really embarrassing and you got all the stick you deserved.

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Hear Hear we have been a shambles for a very very long time,considering the talent available.
    England at present will win nothing,

Wales have produced the better football over last few years.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Oldsparkey likes this.
  12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I think you'll find it's "hear hear" RR, but thanks for your comment anyway. <laugh>:emoticon-0105-wink:

At least someone hasn't got the blinkers on. <ok>

RedorDead and Red Robin like this.
  13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Do you know I must be getting a miserable old git because I couldn't care less, this conversation is getting more boring than a blanket bath, no wonder this forum is becoming so quiet.

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

One of your posters put it up and some of your posters have been shown up as one-eyed bigots - that's why you're finding it boring wiz.

If you don't like it, why don't you delete it rather than making such a comment on it?

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I am no longer a mod on this forum Sparky, deletion is not my decision, I do believe personal opinions are still allowed, I don't care who put what up where or who, it's a boring subject, boring conversation and time to move on.

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I hadn't realised you were no longer a mod wiz - what happened, did they vote you off?....<laugh>

Seriously though, one man's thread is another man's bore - that's the way it tends to be. <ok>

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

No mate, I jumped before they did..<laugh>Fresh fields, new interests and lost enthusiasm..<ok>

18. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

It's just brb taking a long time to sort it that's all <whistle>

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

He'll deal with it Tom be patient...<whistle>:shocked:

20. bcfcredandwhite

My paternal grandparents were Welsh and lived in Barry where we still own property in fact.
    Then they moved to Pembrokeshire - a place Called Moylegrove and my sister and I spent many a happy summer holiday there hunting sea life in the rock pools of Newport Bay. I went to school there for a bit as a child, learnt (some) Welsh and learnt to drive there on the beach at 14 with my dad in an old Triumph 1300.
    Beautiful part of the UK.
    Still don't care about their football team doing well though ;)