1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Colin's January window

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ccfcremotesupport, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

And we’ve swapped Tomlin for Ward. No sure how I feel about that

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Just seen that as well. Tomlin out to Forest and Ward in. Said my piece on that a few posts ago.

Reading between the lines Tomlin appears not to have settled so far from his family and the commute/staying away is an issue. Bloody waste of nearly £2m though. Hope Madine and family settle in quickly.

Looks like Colin firmly setting out his stall with both signings bringing pace, energy and scoring potential. Also not a little aggression.

The next 3 months or so will be interesting times. We could upset a few (more) managers along the way. If it starts with Leeds on Saturday I won't be unhappy.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  3. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Hope I am not going to have to listen to BfB abusing Ward every week now. Once or twice a season is enough ! However once in a City shirt I am sure he will become a hero :emoticon-0148-yes:

I am happy with the Madine signing. Think there are more goals there and may even allow big Ken more opportunity to play his game.

Good transfer for Bogle to Peterboro. Should come back to us a better player.

Wonder if Forest will change the words of the Lee Tomlin song?

4. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Not overly surprised Tomlin has gone. Will he return for next season? I'm not so sure.
    Bogle may come back, if he gets enough game time at Peterborough.
    Camp may well get some game time at the Black Cats and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't return either.

5. BluefromBridgend

BT - I can't recall ever abusing a City player. I'm prepared to make an exception for Ward though. :emoticon-0130-devil

6. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Looks pretty impressive IMHO. Looks as though he'll thrive if the service from the wide-men
    is up to sctratch.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

My verdict on the January window is mixed.

I would have liked to have seen city invest in an experienced bullying type of central midfielder in the continued absence of Gunnarsson.

However I am confident the Liverpool lad will improve and am positive about Wildschut.

Up front one has to trust Warnock on Madine. He’s a big lad who will hopefully retain possession better than Zahore but unsure whether he’ll play them both together. His goal scoring record isn’t great but if he can be like eg Helgusson and do a lot of work off the ball and hold it up and create as well then he should be an asset.

Jamie Ward. That came from nowhere, just hope he can do something for us. Him & Feeney though don’t inspire confidence.

On the plus side also, essential to have warded off alleged interest in Bamba.

Onto the departures. Camp is a blessing. City just didn’t need him. Bogle was a surprise as I would have expected him to play as cover for injuries & suspensions (Madine is on 7 bookings). Leaves us short with only Healey & Pilkington as cover.

Tomlin. A real enigma. Suspect Warnock just had enough of him. He’ll be joining an old manager and be closer to home and so expect him to play and do well.

7 out of 10.

8. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

9. BluefromBridgend

Just seen that as well. Released by Forest so a free agent. A left back so cover in an area where we are light.

Not played a lot. 178 games for a 28 year old. Seems to have missed a season or 2 due to injury.

Played for Warnock before at QPR so he knows what he is getting.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  10. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

12. BluefromBridgend

Comment from a Forest fan on WoL very uncomplimentary about Traore's defending abilities. Good going forward but prone to lose the ball leaving no cover behind him. Could be sour grapes or just poor defensive organisation by Forest.

He was sorry to see Ward leave. No mention of Tomlin.

13. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

There’s always Halford <doh>

IMO playing him straight away would be potential disaster if not played much recently.

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Haven't checked exactly how much he's played recently but from what I've read he's figured for Forest 18 times so far this season - that's not bad.

Anyway, it's far more than Halford.......<laugh>

15. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Conspiracy theory coming up. However, as with all conspiracy theories, I do not have all the facts. Has a deal been done whereby we get Ward and Traore and Forest get Tomlin on a permanent deal after the season ends for a smaller fee?

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

If we managed to go up we wouldn't need any of them - none would hold down a place in any Prem side that wanted to stay up.

If we fail and stay where we are, then that could be on but I'd like to think Tomlin is gone for good anyway.

Ward has got to be just a makeweight for the deal - the whole Traore thing is quite bizarre,

17. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Tomlin was a disgrace TBH, how on earth could he not get himself fit...and take his wages? It was an affront to all the fans who paid good money! I was at the Sunderland game, thanks to Doris who drained me proper...so to speak, and it occurred to me that they always seem to cheer for one player every match...Bigfat Bastard sounds like....how is that even possible pals? :emoticon-0103-cool:

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

19. BluefromBridgend

Odd. I thought the window closed 11.00pm Wednesday night. How can a loan go through over 24 hours after?

20. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

I can only think the paperwork was completed before the 11pm deadline.