1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cole Skuse has Premier League Talent ...discuss

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by itfcptc, Nov 23, 2015.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Just checked to if the article was dated April 1st,but nope?!That's as far as think that warrants discussing.

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Well I never rated McAuley or Delaney and both appear to be successful in the PL.

Thinking about those players I think MM would have got them performing well, also I think Leadbitter would have thrived under MM.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Weirdly both Derby and Watford have come in for him during his time with us so he's certainly been a wanted man by others.

Often a case of not appreciating what you have - if Delaney is capable then who knows. Amazed how well he's done.

5. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

And look how Walters has thrived....away from the Dark Lord! Man management is a vital skill for managers.
    MM has not brought out the best of some of our more natural talents, but he has done wonders for others. More a reflection of his own personality and who he is.

itfcptc likes this.
  6. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Thought GM was a really solid defender, not sure why you never liked him wcp!!
    Skuse is an average champ cm at best!!

7. Bigalreigned

Walters always was a very decent footballer and just shows how we lose/sell players and trade down,which is why we really aren't going anywhere.

Spanish I also agree about GM,much underrated/maligned by some here but had a bit of composure on the ball which we now sadly lack.(MM would have probably coached it out of him though!)

Southcoastoldgaffer and itfcptc like this.
  8. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

There's also an element of certain players fitting certain clubs. A prime example of that is Falcao. At Monaco he was absolutely awesome, roll on to Man Utd and Chelsea, and he looks absolutely poor. Clubs' way of playing, their system, what players are around them, and yes, also the man management are crucial in how a player performs. Look at our squad over the last 2/3 seasons. We've had players that no other champ club want, but under MM and TC, and the system we play, have thrived.
    Skuse may well be someone who can play in the premiership, it's a lot more slower football than the burly hoof it up field of the championship. I admit, I've never been his biggest fan, but, I have to say, he rarely gives the ball away, and is extremely calm in possession (it's just that he's not very creative and exciting)

Southcoastoldgaffer and itfcptc like this.
  9. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Gareth 'ShandyPants' McAuley...... Lacked commitment in the tackle....Clinton Morrison scored a knee high header when as Keane said GM should have 'kicked his head off' just one occasion I recall.......now I am probably harsh on him but I never really took to him.......

....i never really understood why Leadbitter got so much stick as I thought he was a decent player in a struggling team under a couple of **** managers........

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  10. Bigalreigned

Agree with you WCP, Leadbitter was underated here and the sort of player we really need now.

11. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

stretchy, the reason Skuse rarely gives the ball away is because he rarely passes forward and rarely passes to someone more than 6 yards away!!

itfcptc likes this.
  12. Bigalreigned

Skuse makes "Squareball Jim" Magilton look positively adventurous!

13. itfcptc

Have to say I agree with Mick, Skuse has the talent to play in the PL, just he doesn't have the balls which is why he is sooo frustrating he's clearly a good player but should be doing far more on the ball

14. itfcptc

It still puzzles me to see Delaney in a PL team. During his time at Ipswich I thought I'd seen Sunday League CBs better than him (and I'm not even joking)

tractor bhoy and Bigalreigned like this.
  15. itfcptc

Completely agree with this. Average players he seems to bring the best out of others I'm not so sure. I honestly don't think Mick is good for Skuse, he really needs someone to push him out of his comfort zone at the moment he's just happy doing a job

16. itfcptc

Thought McAuley look fairly average until Jewell came in then he looked one of the best CBs I've seen at town, loosing him was a huge loss for us IMO,keeping him could have changed how the next season finished. Clearly a talented CB just I feel poorly managed first by Jim (giving him the captaincy straight away) and secondly by Keane (McAuley I don't think seemed like the type of player to respond well to a hardline approach)

17. Bigalreigned

Whilst I agree with you about most of this itfcptc,I can't imagine Pulis man management style is too dissimilar to Keane's,maybe he just didn't like playing for the cnut!

18. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Thanks SD for clearing the 'report' up <ok>

San Diego likes this.
  19. anglian

anglian Member

Skuse is a one paced plodder,I have been watching ITFC for over 50 years and he is one of the worst and least effective central midfielders I have ever watched In an Ipswich shirt. If MM thinks he is a premier league player he has lost the plot. No international caps at any level, never played at a higher level than he is now, never in the team of the week, relegated with his last team, no assists and no goals, a complete waste of space. anyone on here who thinks he is a good player hasn't got a clue, Ask yourselves this, who else in the top half of the Championship would he get a regular start with, answer no one !!!

Spanish and Fat Boy Slim like this.
  20. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

So I take it Anglian you're not a big fan of Skuse then? LOL
    Sometimes it's not about scoring or assisting, but doing the donkey work for the rest of the team. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, and yes, he is one dimensional, but sometimes you need someone "like" him in your team to let others be creative and express themselves.