1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cody Mcdonald is on his way

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Gills-Prog-seller, Jul 27, 2011.

1. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

There's no chance West Ham will loan him out if they buy him. They will want him to play alongside Carlton Cole.

2. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Agreed. West Ham's financial situation is pretty poor and I really can't see them shelling out for a striker just to send him out on loan.

Any Championship club paying the price Norwich are asking will be taking a gamble as he's still not proved himself at that level, and far better judges of a player than me obviously have concerns about whether he can score goals in the Championship as otherwise they'd have bought him. £550k for a Championship striker is a good deal, so it seems that Championship clubs aren't prepared to take the gamble at the moment.

But there's still a month of the window left, and much can happen in the first weeks of the season. So if we are to stand any chance of getting him on loan (from Norwich) I think it's more likely to be in September.

3. Gills-Prog-seller

i work there and have heard the rumours from people behind the scenes and cody was there watching at the millwall friendly. and people behind the scenes said a loan deal is likely. if Norwich are now wanting to sell him then doubt we can afford him but if no one goes for him we could loan him...

4. Hessysblueandwhitearmy

Gills Prog Seller you may be on to something here. I was in Paddy Power yesterday to put another bet on. This time on Birchill to be top scorer in the whole division. I know hes out for the half the season, but he is amazing. One of the best players ive ever seen. However, once I left there I popped into see Dicko for cup of tea and a biscuit. He just got his dole money so he had chocolate hob nobs. We had a game on fifa 97 on the Megadrive, however as we were making too much noise, his landlord called Dave chucked me out. As I wheeled outside I saw Cody McDonald and a guy in a suit (obviously his agent) coming out of one of the hairdressers near the stadium. He looked well buff ting. Spiky hair with his fringe going to one side. He then popped into the kebab shop and pointed at the meat and chips sign. I then read his lips through the window and picked up the following words……giiiiiiiiiils, 3 year contract, bangin’.

5. brb

brb Guest

Gills-prog-seller - I guess you and Hessyblue must work at the same place then eh, or maybe your just talking to yourself? <laugh>

6. Hessysblueandwhitearmy

i dont talk to programme sellers. Only programme distributors

7. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

Every person I know working at the club are coaches and they never mention names ever. They are obviously in the know but don't disclose details as they would be breaching club rules. I have full confidence in them as they told me there was a huge announcement coming up (6 new signings) and that someone was having a medical (Birchall) without revealing names and these all became fact. That's why I'm so sceptical with rumours coming from people who work there as they are sworn to secrecy.

8. Gills-Prog-seller

There not the only people who work at the club, there are staff behind the scenes football league go betweens and different departments. there just rumours but i thought i may aswell share these rumors as whispers go around the stadium, nothings for certain but cody was there last week watching the game, doesnt mean he will sign for us or get a loan deal but its possible. no one thought we would get lee and whelpdale, im just sharing what ive been told from people who have mostly got things right. wont bother next time though

9. brb

brb Guest

10. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

calm down prog-seller, your acting like a little school boy now...in fact a school boy that was standing outside the headmasters (scally) office after being told off in class...thats not how you came by these rumours is it...listening in on sir paul scally ???<laugh>

11. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Always pleased to hear rumours prog seller so long as we all understand that these are rumours and are not reported as fact. If we lose confidence in your reports we will need to rely on Hessyblu who always seems so much better informed than you.

12. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

long shot but was hoping we may still get cody mcdonald to comeback to gillingham this season, now though it looks as if sheffield wednesday are in the front seat to sign him up...gutted:sad:

COME HESS & P SCALLY...MAKE IT HAPPEN...WE NEED HIM AS WE ALL WANT THE CLUB TO PROGRESS ONWARDS & UPWARDS!!!:smiley-finger007:

UTG!!!

13. brb

brb Guest

Gills-Prog-seller, people are quite happy to hear your thoughts and opinions on various topics, however, sometimes it would help to support any statements made with some evidence i.e. links not supposed hear say.

I think you are tending to overlook that I am the moderator of this board, albeit I believe in live and let live when no harm being done, I am fully aware of all posters and their aliases - so please just enjoy the board.

thanks
    brb

14. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, here comes the "mods", you can't sat anything any more :p

15. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

I couldn't think what you were getting at Mr Moderator then it all clicked. Prog seller is Scally isn't he? We all thought he might be on here in disguise.

16. itstimupnorth

I thought that gillingham kangaroo was PS.

C'mon brb, spill the beans

17. gillingham kangaroo

gillingham kangaroo Active Member

Wish i had his money

18. ComeOnGills

ComeOnGills Member

19. brb

brb Guest

Sorry people and inparticular Gills-Prog-seller, I was like a bear with a sore head yesterday, we all have our days, I would delete my comment, however, I said it, so it is only fair on everyone that it remains.

I'm not aware of PS being on here at any time, tbh if he was on here I'm sure he certainly would not appreciate any introduction from me.

20. itstimupnorth

Respect for that.

And I don't think anyone, least of all me, would actually expect you to disclose identities. It would be a gross breach of trust.

But there are some things that just can't be taken too seriously.