1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club debt soars

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Above was the initial response to whatever the 'complaint' form a Norwich fan was.

It is insulting of us, on a football forum, to expect to beat the bottom club, in this case Norwich City who have 14 points and have conceded 45 goals, at Old Trafford.

Irrespective of the fact we're nowhere near as good as we were, we're still fifth at home and they are still bottom.

I'd fully expect to beat them if it was the other way round for **** sake.

glazerfodder likes this.
  2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

****ing hell Rufflad. Keep your hair on !

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Yankee doodle dandies milking a cash cow, whatever next?...................<laugh>

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Debt has now ballooned to £429.1m because of covid-19 disruption. But the club is still committed to paying out the Glazers £11m - oh well!

Going forward, I think we should stop chasing these £80-£100m transfers that the papers try to talk us into, if they are to be believed. For one, I don't think we should be buying new strikers. We have have enough strikers at the club and I would love to see Greenwood thrive in a starting role. He has 12 goals this season from his half-starts. Give him the chance to do it persistently and grow.

We should also make definitive decision on Pogba, in consultation with the pissant himself. If there is any hint that he is not committed, cash in on him and get a decent replacement with the money. But with covid-19, I doubt that anyone is going to be shelling out large sums in transfer fees anytime soon. So we may be stuck with him for a long while.

I would also like to see us shave the salary burden at the club. We have the highest wage bill in the league and with very little to show for it. With this covid-19, things may get very sticky for us financially in the next few seasons.