1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic CL, ITTV and other forums (merged)

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Dec 18, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Today’s Protest leaders all had jobs at the Club back then.

#VestedInterests
    #AllThatMatters

CAFC'sBestInterests likes this.
  2. CAFC'sBestInterests

CAFC'sBestInterests Well-Known Member

Precisely, that all that's changed. The Club shouldn't pander to them.
    What is the Club saying or doing to get the thousands of lost fans back again..?

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

They didn't. However discredited they may be, when they sold a player for£1m they handed all the money to the manager to fund a promotion drive. A different kettle of fish altogether.
    It's disappointing. When you first announced the protest I thought it was back to the sort of spontaneous action we had before the megaphone appeared. But although CBI is correct to say that it won't achieve anything, that doesn't seem a valid reason for not expressing anger at Roland's asset-stripping finale.

4. CAFC'sBestInterests

Plenty of other owners - I wasn't referring to Salter & Jimenez, who I congratulated at the time (when money hadn't run out) for holding onto good players.

5. User deleted as requested

I think it’s the huge levels of hypocrisy & double standards that rankle. When Murray appointed Dowie, Reed, Pardew & then basically lied over Parkinson (famous trial
    period), these same people defended him as “a fan just like us”. When he let rip and blew millions on Faye, Diawara, McLeod etc ...the same response. It was only when the perks dried up and the sinecures came to an end that the public carping started.

6. lardiman

lardiman My only desire
    Forum Moderator

So are we to believe that all the protest leaders are self-serving hypocrites?
    That sounds like pure cynicism.

For sure, Roland Duchatelet is not the first Charlton owner to shaft the fans and the Club.
    However he is the first Charlton owner to
    A) Use our academy to produce young players specifically to sell them, with no intention of them ever going permanently into the First Team.
    B) Tell fans that competitive First Team football is less important than the all round 'match day experience'.

As far as the traditions and values of Charlton Athletic are concerned, that first policy is Treason, and the second one is Blasphemy.
    That's why RD has caused protests of the like never before seen.

7. User deleted as requested

In answer to your first point @lardiman.
    I think 99% of CARD’s followers are decent & well intentioned. I think they are led by a cynical narcissist & manipulator who we were repeatedly told “was nothing to do with CARD” <laugh>

8. ForestHillBilly

Not getting into debating the merits of CARD members. This is the first time since we left The Valley that we've had such a wilfully destructive owner. Murray may have put his own agenda before Charlton's at times, but what Roland is doing is much worse, which is why we're all so angry at Roland, are we not? And since the organ-grinder is not here, that leaves only the monkey to take the flak.

9. lardiman

lardiman My only desire
    Forum Moderator

I'm not suggesting the CARD leaders are all above reproach.
    But if they are all utterly shot down and discredited, momentum will surely be lost from whatever protesting still remains.

I don't worship CARD and its leaders, far from it. But we share common cause at least, until RD is gone.

Ken Shabby and Slackbladder like this.
  10. User deleted as requested

When RD eventually f*cks off, which I agree is the No.1 priority, do you think CARD’s leaders will beat a path to the new owners door asking for jobs & perks?
    And then doesn’t it all start again ...

11. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

If Murray doesn't want to face the protesters outside the ground on Saturday why can't he take the place of Robinson and face the questions of the local press,on Thursday, about what is happening at Charlton. This can then be put on the OS and YouTube for the people to see.
    Our Club at the moment is being allowed to drift by Duchatelet and Murray is compliant. We should be gearing up in this transfer window by bringing in players to confirm a Play Off place. Instead Robinson is having the rug pulled from under him.

12. CAFC'sBestInterests

He's accelerated it, but he's definitely NOT the first....Apart from Solly, who would've been sold if he could pass a fitness test, who was the last talented player we held onto long term??

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  13. CAFC'sBestInterests

Well said, they've happily let him take all the slack, and do all the talking for the last year, whilst they've remained comfortably silent.

DickPlumb and ForestHillBilly like this.
  14. User deleted as requested

I suspect Murray will head matters off by getting Olly Groome to put a few scripted platitudes on the O/S before Saturday.

“We understand its frustrating for fans but...”

DickPlumb likes this.
  15. ForestHillBilly

Like Rick did when Roland bought Charlton, you mean? He's the only one, and any employer will look at his CV and politely decline the offer. The protests will end when Roland goes. They've actually ended already. As long as the new owner has Charlton's interests at heart the fans will support them. After all we supported Mark Hulyer because despite his incompetence he was desperate for Charlton to succeed.

16. ForestHillBilly

As you probably heard, on CharltonLive they predicted Murray's earlier non-statement almost verbatim. More of the same is expected.

17. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

Is that the same Diawara who won 48 caps for Senegal, was French League winners twice and won the French Cup four times or the same McLoed who was bought because he score almost one in two for his former Club and looked to most people as an exciting prospect and at the tiem £1.1m seemed a bit of a bargain?

Granted Amdy Faye was ****e and a waste of £2m

18. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

Who cares - or indeed knows - if they do or they don't. I actually think it's highly unlikely.

The main question is why are you focussing on them, rather than the real enemy?

We get it, you don't like them, but you are getting seriously anal about everything they do or say.

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I rated Diawara. Started slow but was class in the second half. The damage had been done though.

Mcleod signing made me nervous.

20. User deleted as requested

You really are a plum.

The memory plans tricks as age encroaches, but Diawara who from memory we paid £3.7m for, was terrible for us. I repeat - for us. Not Marseille or any other club - us. Bambi on Ice.There are lots of examples of how Murray cracked up after Curbs stopped propping him up ....Hasselbaink 40k a week.....Andy Gray, Luke Varney etc. And that’s before the lies over the appointments of Les Reed and Parky.

As for being seriously anal - stop logging on here to stalk me old fruit :emoticon-0148-yes: , you are never going to change my mind or stop me expressing my view about certain “fans”, ignore it or go back to Charlton Life.