1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread City v Derby

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Sep 16, 2017.

1. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Amstal for me - Kingfisher with a curry though (much better than Cobra in my mind). Lovely.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

?

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Can't stand Amstel it's like Pernod for me.
    I got really pissed on it on a lads holiday and the taste makes me feel like throwing up now.
    Pernod I believe 90% of us drank it in our past with black current and got so pissed it scars you for life.

4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I'm like it with whiskey/scotch, getting so bladdered on it early teens.......just the smell makes me want to chuck......weird, cus I like Brandy and can even drink the odd bourbon!!

RedorDead likes this.
  5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Joe Bryan is playing much better since McAllister replaced pemberton.

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I'm cheap, I love a pint of Stella (draught) or John Becks (bottled) and a nice single malt (Laphroaig).

7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Stella is fascinating - they call it Glasgow Wifebeater - and I really can tell why. If I drink more than 3 pints of it I begin to become argumentative and aggressive. The strange (and lucky) thing is that I can recognise this and hold myself in check. I can differentiate between what instinct is telling me (to get angry) and what reality is. I remind myself that I have been drinking Stella and my anger is artificial so keep quiet.

8. bcfcredandwhite

Stop trying to confuse this drink debate by mentioning football AshtonRed ;)

9. bcfcredandwhite

Can't agree with this - I much prefer Cobra (although i don't mind Kingfisher).
    My favourite curry house here in Swindon (Ruchi) serves another Indian lager which is very nice ; Mongoose - their logo claims that it strikes fear into their competitors - I guess they mean Cobra (anyone read Rikki Tikki Tavi by Rudyard Kipling?)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  10. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

my first ever PU the only money I spent was on my own drink whiskey mac likely in 4 hours drank 15 of them.. coach dropped me off at 3am my dad dragged me from kneeling in front of the throne to over the bath when he got up for work at 5 30am... My almost new suit about 6 weeks wages worth etc was a shambles as I crawled up a bank of ivy/brambles after finding my "walk" home had took me down by the river!
    I never touched any for 60 years about 4 years ago I had about 1/4" in a whiskey glass, since I may have had 4 or more "sips" .. and I am half scots!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.