1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City v Crawley match thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hull City AFC (HCHKR), Jan 28, 2012.

1. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

Humiliating but that was always likely to happen with the young side we had out.

Anyway if i was that bothered i'd of been there.

2. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

We need someone who can score.

Look at the last 6 games (excluding Ipswich) and we have scored 2 in 6 games.

Including Ipswich 5 in 7.

£3m on Sharp?

3. Alf Hooker

Alf Hooker Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>0-1 to mighty Crawley<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

4. Hull City AFC (HCHKR)

Hull City AFC (HCHKR) Well-Known Member

Full time scores..
    Blackpool 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday
    Bolton Wanderers 2-1 Swansea City
    Derby County 0-2 Stoke City
    Hull City 0-1 Crawley Town
    Leicester City 2-0 Swindon Town
    Millwall 1-1 Southampton
    Sheffield United 0-4 Birmingham City
    Stevenage 1-0 Notts County
    West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Norwich City

5. dem_on

dem_on Member

I'm happy to see Blackpool and Southampton have replays and Birmingham and Leicester are still in it .Cardiff with an extra game is handy too .Should we be in the play offs with any of these teams it will be to our advantage ............lets be honest a cup run wasn't in our best interests.

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Barring East, which of the players used in the first hour aren't important members of the first team squad? (ie either starters or on the bench regularly, Cooper is because he's just come back from a loan to be on our bench)

7. Chiltons222

Chiltons222 Active Member

Totally expected result. A team with 5 players who would not normally be in a starting line-up, plus a bench with 3 players who would normally struggle to get on the bench. A typical Hull City approach to an FA Cup game against......well anyone! Watched it all unfold, year in year out, this was a wasted chance this year to give the fans a cup run.
    No-one on the bench to change a game either if you go behind. The stats tell the story of a disjointed team performance as you would expect from a group who have never played all together plus starting a player who has never played for City.

8. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

Been saying this since the Ipswich game, a cup run is always likely to throw a spanner in the works, look at Birmingham before they went out of Europe, did we really need a trip to Anfield for example on the horizon playing on our minds, you see cup runs **** teams up every year.

9. lifecheshirewhite

ow dear spanked by a league 2 side,and the score flattered you big time.<laugh>

10. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

im not gonna knock the defence , my gripes are with Barmby.
    Why didnt Oli start ? he was probably the biggest difference out there
    Why didnt Simpson get a kick ? i was amazed Cullen was brought on .

it is also a bit worrying that we lack depth and ideas :/

King looks ok, Fryatt is getting on my nerves now , im sick of seeing his face ,
    I want to see more of his number in the box , and not wheeling out to the edge of the box .

11. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's because we have no depth. Even allowing for two extra subs in the FA Cup we'd have had one of the three on the bench if it had been a league game. All we're missing is Koren, Stewart, and McKenna.

12. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Oh the shame.

13. Chiltons222

Chiltons222 Active Member

No need to strip the team of 5 regular players and expect to win against a Cup hungry team like Crawley. Lots of talk about how good they were, lots of talk about really wanting to win......but we all knew what would happen dodn't we. Pity the fans who coughed up and the yongsters who may have watched for the first time. Anyway it's only the FA Cup!

The Jan window end looms,but we have strength in depth don't we, so no more deals, because the Manager is happy with the squad. Hope we have a rethink on that!

14. Kingstonian Tiger

3 of the starting 11 and 2 of the subs played for us in the premiership. Should have been good enough

15. dem_on

dem_on Member

Shouldn't that be 3 and 3 .................. but in any case I hope you aren't implying that Cooper,Garcia,Dawson ,Oily and Cullen could ever have been classed as Premiership class even at their best let alone in the present day state,Even Cairney delivers very little of his projected promise these days. We could have played 11 ex prem players past their best and lacking desire and teamwork and Crawley would still have won,