1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City Ulltras

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SouthYorkshireTiger, Sep 19, 2011.

1. SouthYorkshireTiger

This is the first season since 2002/03 season I haven't had a pass, but I have heard a bit about the City Ulltra's, anyone know what they're like, if its changed the atmosphere at the KC and away, where they're based at home and what away games they plan on going to within the next month?

2. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

they is a right propa naughty little firm... erm no idea really although I heard the lads were from Goole..

3. SouthYorkshireTiger

haha! just heard a bit about a few fans trying to liven up the atmosphere at the kc (finally) so wondering if any changes have been made.

4. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell they're an urban myth and don't actually exist.

5. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

Unfortunately the atmosphere will not improve until the season ticket holder seat locations are revised. We're sat in E5 and there's too many old geezers and women who don't make a sound. At load have moved from the west stand over into the east to take in (read absorb) the atmosphere. The problem is they've killed the atmosphere which is now dire in both the east and west stands.

6. N

N Active Member

This.

I couldn't even spot the banner on Saturday (maybe I was looking in the wrong place) and the atmosphere was as bad as always. It was poorly organised in the first place IMO and was doomed to fail.

7. SouthYorkshireTiger

From what I am reading, it would be useful if City make specific sections (e.g E1-5) for supporters who want to sing, and back the boys for the full 90 minutes, looking at other 'Ultras' that are forming around England, it could be decent, IF it increases in numbers, the atmosphere will be better, and would be a good spectacle for visiting supporters at the stadium. Also supporters to be there singing, but not causing trouble ruining the image of the club.

8. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

It'll never work. What are you going to do? Kick people out if they don't sing?

9. SouthYorkshireTiger

Could be a good idea ;)
    No, I was just stating an idea..

10. James

James New Member

Or maybe the 'Ultras' need to organise where they are going to locate themselves. You can't expect people who have been sat in seats for years to move because they don't want to join in.

11. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

It's easy, at close season make the north stand a non allocated seat stand. Then sell season tickets to the stand. Ideally and it'll never happen revert to safe terracing as in the German stadia.
    This wouldn't mean evicting anyone, simply moving away supporters into the corner of the west stand. Judging by the empty seats on Saturday there's hardly anyone left in there anyway.

12. SouthYorkshireTiger

Yes but the East Stand has always been the stand where the atmosphere has come from, even at Boothferry Park, just like the West Stand is quiet, anyone in their right mind would think to sit in the West if they weren't up for noise, I have been to a few games where I have stood and sung, and had an old fogey behind me complain, and I have just thought to myself, why would anyone go to the East Stand where there is known atmosphere when you could sit in the South/West stands..

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The Ulltras are not a formal organisation, they're just a bunch of City fans doing what they can to make home games more like away games, for which they should be commended.

Anyone who thought that a cabaret act would suddenly appear in the East Stand on a Saturday has misunderstood the aim. The aim is to get a bunch of like minded fans in one area of the ground, ideally in unreserved seating in the new look North Stand.

Fortunately, the club are taking this far more seriously than some on here, the atmosphere at the KC is ****, the club want to help improve things, based on some of the comments on this thread, they've got an uphill battle.

14. SouthYorkshireTiger

So what do you think of the Ulltras idea OLM... because many City fans, especially younger ones, have stopped going to home games due to the lack of atmosphere, a game always appears better with better atmosphere, hence the reason away games seem to be a lot better and more memorable, no matter the score.

15. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Face it, we're a bunch of ****s.

16. SouthYorkshireTiger

:laugh:

17. 4Dee

4Dee Member

For the past 73minutes I've been contemplating an opposing statement, I'd love to agree with you.
    But at the same time, we are most certainly. Well said Mr Viking.
    <party>

18. miff33

miff33 Well-Known Member

We need a singing section, until then it will always be a crap atmosphere at the KC

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Typical younger generation, relying on others to make things happen. Those of a certain age saw atmospheres made in ways that have been frowned upon. It's for the younger elements raised on the pc diet to get on and get at it.

The matchday experience has been screwed to accommodate them. It's their world now.

20. SouthYorkshireTiger

tbf, no young people have the confidence these days because everything seems to be against the law... or people frown apon 95% of things said at football...