1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cissokho, Fernandes & Sow

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Mar 7, 2013.

1. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

Maybe it is for the mags?

2. FTM1973

FTM1973 Active Member

TRANSFER TALK: Sunderland eye-up Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho as Orban bid looks set to fail

SUNDERLAND are believed to have made an enquiry for Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho after long-running efforts to sign Argentine full-back Lucas Orban failed to pay off.

The French international of Senegalese descent has the pace and energy Paolo Di Canio wants in that position and at 25 fits the template of the sort of player Sunderland are now looking to recruit – good, young players who can improve further.

Cissokho would be a top-quality signing, if Sunderland can lure him to the Stadium of Light.

And Sunderland will be aware that cash-strapped Valencia are weighing up options in terms of fund-raising sales.

Sunderland’s biggest problem though might not be in persuading Valencia to sell, but Cissokho to leave.

And if the full-back is to leave the Mestalla Stadium, Liverpool are likely to aggressively pursue his signature.

Cissokho said recently: “Every player at the club is subject to speculation given the financial situation.

“I’ve had possibilities, that’s true, but I’m happy here, I’ve played in big games in both the Champions League and La Liga.”

Liverpool meanwhile have been tracking the defender for some time and would be expected to rival Sunderland if Cissokho leaves Spain.

Sunderland’s need for a new left-back is their most pressing concern after a summer of recruitment which has still to address the gap by the return to Spurs of on-loan left-back Danny Rose who spent all last season on Wearside.

The Black Cats have pursued the Tigre defender since the end of last season, along with Spanish sides Villareal and Sevilla, but are now believed to have grown weary of Orban’s failure to make progress on the potential move.

Neither is Rose likely to be a viable option, despite the England Under-21 international’s successful stint at the Stadium of Light.

Spurs are reportedly ready to give Rose a first-team opportunity at White Hart Lane this season.

And with Sunderland also losing out to Marseille in the race for French defender Benjamin Mendy, the Wearsiders are having to re-cast their net for a new left-back.

Sunderland were given no encouragement after making an enquiry for Eintracht Frankfurt’s Bastian Oczipka last week, while they have also been linked with Inter Milan’s Italian Under-21 international Cristiano Biraghi.

Biraghi’s agent, Mario Giuffredi, admits a move to Sunderland – where the 20-year-old would be reunited with ex-Inter chief scout Valentino Angeloni – is an attractive one.

“At the moment, I put the Premier League as the boy’s first-choice,” said Giuffredi.“Playing in England is the dream of all the players.

“There is also Angeloni who knows the guy right from the youth team and Di Canio is a great coach.

“It is definitely a welcome destination. We’ll see the evolution of the market.”

Looks like the hardest job is going to be persuading him to come then??

3. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Rose can play in midfield or on the wing as necessary as well. Would be unbelievable to get both.

SAFC seem to be the team everyones talking about at the mo. I just hope teams don't raise their game against us where everyone is like an FA Cup tie

4. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Speading like wildfire this

SUNDERLAND are believed to have made an enquiry for Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho after long-running efforts to sign Argentine full-back Lucas Orban failed to pay off.

The French international of Senegalese descent has the pace and energy Paolo Di Canio wants in that position and at 25 fits the template of the sort of player Sunderland are now looking to recruit – good, young players who can improve further.

Cissokho would be a top-quality signing, if Sunderland can lure him to the Stadium of Light.

And Sunderland will be aware that cash-strapped Valencia are weighing up options in terms of fund-raising sales.

Sunderland’s biggest problem though might not be in persuading Valencia to sell, but Cissokho to leave.

And if the full-back is to leave the Mestalla Stadium, Liverpool are likely to aggressively pursue his signature.

Cissokho said recently: “Every player at the club is subject to speculation given the financial situation.

“I’ve had possibilities, that’s true, but I’m happy here, I’ve played in big games in both the Champions League and La Liga.”

5. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

Wonder who it could be FTM

Attached Files:

6. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

Anyone no how i can upload without it being blurry lol

7. C19RK73

Right click the image, save url, click into photo icon, url, right click and paste, untick the box, that should do it

8. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Looks fine to me mate <ok>

As for the content of it, who exactly is this @SafcCanada, I don't recognise the name from the usual twitter ITKs, probably just bullshit?

9. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

That work on me phone lol but if u can make it out great I've never heard of safccanada either just saw it on Facebook

10. C19RK73

No mate only on laptop, what does it say, cant make it out on the blower

11. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

@SafcCanada,
    Toon and boro fans to rage with envy when we pull off huge signing on Monday. no more info disclosed

12. C19RK73

Oooooooh! I like it

13. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

Could be a great steaming pile of ****e like lol but ya never know at the moment

14. C19RK73

Its why we love the windows mate

15. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

Maybe the have managed to pull off insigne (sp) or how ever it is spelt now that would be a major signing ha

16. C19RK73

I've a feeling it might be cissokho

17. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

18. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

Cissokho would b quality

19. C19RK73

Thats done bar the shouting mate

20. Koolkev_24

Koolkev_24 Member

"@SAFCsource: Last RT: VCF is negotiating the exit of Aly Cissokho via transfer purchase to final temp. for not paying 40% transfer to Lyon."

There you go pdc might b him then