1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chineese whispers

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Sep 30, 2017.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Heard a rumour while having a conversation on the bus with a fellow Gashead following todays match. He said that he was informed by someone that the Chineese in the in the box with Wael were prospective buyers of the club because Wael's family were not prepared to invest in the club and he was looking to sell as a result. I don't know if this is fact or fiction but DC said that wages were a problem when he was trying to sig players so it could be true

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Wael loves the club. He wont be selling. Investment in the club is not an issue. DC said wages was a problem with signing players. Thats because players were asking for too much and DC have said countless times that he wont pay over the odds for players and make the same mistakes as previous managers had done at our club. We are living within our means.

I suspect if there were Chinese peeps in box 1 with Wael, they would be potential investors not buyers.

Just my opinion though. I wont doubt Wael's commitment.

I have more worries in losing DC. He wanted UWE. He wants the new training ground. He wants us to match his ambition. Now UWE aint happening. Training ground is on hold. Where is the ambition? If a championship club comes calling, I wont be surprised if DC walks if he is wanted of course.

3. old timer

CJS from what I was told and put in the original thread IT IS NOT WAEL it's his family that will not continue to support him

4. old timer

CJS it is not Wael's commitment to the club that is in doubt but that the family who hold the purse strings will not back him any longer. I certainly don't want to see him leave and DC is the best manager we have had for a long time so I desperately want to him get the backing he needs to take this club forward

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Club statement today which discusses minute details on the training ground and the Mem regeneration......

There has been an awful lot of conjecture and supposition amongst our fans concerning the position of Ian Holtby at the Club.

This has arisen due to the new role that Ian has been asked to undertake at the Club as Stadium/Training Ground Manager.

With the imminent training ground development entering it’s next phase and the regeneration of the Memorial Stadium also in the development sequence, Ian, who stoically has doubled up as commercial manager for the past eight years simply would have been avalanched and overloaded with work, way beyond the call of duty.

With the appointment of new Commercial Director Tom Gorringe, who is able to dedicate with his team, all its efforts to the Club’s commercial activity, this has enabled us to liberate Ian to concentrate and assist in possibly one of the most important stages in the history of the Club.

Ian is a devoted Rovers Club man and certainly after 18 years of loyal service, someone that is not, as some might have perceived with his appointment in a new role, a loyal member of our team, that we would wish to discard.

He, like all of us the Club is now looking forward to moving forward with these exciting projects in mind, to further the Clubs amenities and facilities.

Steve Hamer
    Bristol Rovers Chairman

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/october/01.10.17---holtby-statement/

old timer likes this.
  6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Old timer, I popped over on another forum just to see if this was being discussed elsewhere. It is. Apparently, the Chinese person with Wael is the Wolves owner. Therefore, its highly unlikely that he will be our owner as you cant own 2 clubs in the same country. So unless he was there on behalf of a friend (acting as an advisor) who wants to buy us or he is willing to sell Wolves to buy us (both very unlikely), my guess to why the Wolves owner was at the Mem is that he was just Wael's guest to the game. Maybe repaying the hospitality of what he showed Wael when we went to Wolves recently in the cup and they have since became good friends <ok>

old timer likes this.
  7. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All these rumours are started by those fooking fook wits on Gaschat the whole forum is cancerous.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  8. old timer

Thanks CJS I spoke to the guy on the bus after Saturday's match didn't check other sites. I will be very pleased if the rumour is incorrect

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Old timer <hug>

I seen this on vital gas and thought of you and this thread. This is just a small section from the article which was a good article to read in full <ok>

If anyone doubts the Al-Qadi family have given us our Rovers back, look at this weekend as a case in point.
    As I stood on the Northampton terraces overcome with emotion as we rattled in our sixth goal I looked a few feet to my right to see our president Wael Al-Qadi dancing a merry jig. He could have quite easily been with his chairman in the directors` box but chose instead to share the moment with fans on the terraces.
    Later, he caught the train back to London, not in first class but with those same supporters, happily discussing the match and his long-term plans.

Here is the full article: http://www.bristolrovers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=507964#ixzz4vJMdG3RM

Stollie likes this.