1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Chill Time..

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by J๏E.., Sep 4, 2017.

1. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

no, you're probably more likely to smell it in nice quaint villages as they generally don't have the overpowering smell of the urban sprawl to drown it out.

On a side note, how much weed do people smoke? I do about a quarter a month and am generally always stoned.

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Everywhere I go I smell weed. Maybe it's me <laugh>

3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Happens to people who have weed their pants

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

nah, people from everywhere smokes the reefer these day mate. I come from a quaint village nestled in the downs, me and most of my mates smoked dope from about 87 onwards.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Skylarker likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There's a big posh house down in the valley near where I live. When you walk past their gardens, it stinks of bud :) couple who live there are in their 70's and very well to do. Makes me wonder if their gardener is doing a bit of guerilla horticulture. <ok>

Tobes and Skylarker like this.
  6. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Great pubs down there mate.

Mostly down Upper Street but there's a few great ones just off it I've spent many a far too many pounds in!

7. Burly Hurley

During the week, I don't need anymore than a pint or 2 of Guinness, a couple of roll-ups, and the banter of a few mates down the pub.

And at the weekend, a movie, a meal and a glass of wine with my gorgeous wife.

8. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

ive built up a little more of a habit(not that its a bad habit) than I thought I would have but being free im obviously gonna indulge more than if I were paying for it so......im smoking two- three full uns a month......I don't game much these days but do play a bit of retro now and then.....been popping up my mates for fifa and smoke for the last ten years though.....and with a bean 2 cup machine and a table full of biscuits = happy days.

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I used to ****ing love mushrooms.

I was a land surveyor and did a rights of way survey for CCW (countryside council of Wales) in the Neath and Port Talbot area.
    I had a forestry gate key and a 4x4 and found loads of secret spots. They are everywhere in that area.
    The whole survey took about three years and autumn was great, I'd sod off over Resolven or Margam to do a long 'survey' and come back with a **** load.

Proper good trip, straight up and down in about six hours and no nasty come down. Never a bad time on it either.

I once dislocated my thumb when out on the piss and instead of going to A&E went home and did shrooms. My hand looked mental.

Went and had it popped back in the following day!

Lovearsenalcock, Skylarker and PINKIE like this.
  10. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

I work in Angel and live just behind the Assembly Hall on Upper Street, so my walk home every day is going past all these pubs - it's tough!

11. Burly Hurley

The Arc was our local a few years ago but we used to have our works parties at The Vine up by The Assembly Hall <ok>

12. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Too much. Don't bother weighing it tbh. Probably an eighth a day (ish).

13. aberdude

if its nice stuff your smoking dude then there`s never 2 much.....unless your 2 young of course.

14. aberdude

what a job dude, nowt better than fresh air and fresh shrooms........being local and knowing your own personal picking spots there was nothing better than picking mushrooms>>>we would make a killing selling our stuff in Glastonbury back in the day>>>>once thy English knew there was welsh produce on offer there would be line of people by our tent until we sold out and only had personal left>>>>>>a weekend of not knowing my arse from my elbow was always refreshing for the mind 2.

damp weather here in the valleys no doubt the travellers(canal) I know will be lining the hills this weekend>>>>>>>tiz perfect for the passing hippy and the best thing about it>>>>>>>its fking free>>>>what else do you get for free these days apart from chlorine in our water systems hey <wink>

PINKIE likes this.
  15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You heard of Craig Cefn Parc?

I was once doing a structural assessment on a knackered old bridge over a stream in the back of beyond there and had to walk through this field to get to it.

It was like Wordsworth only it was mushrooms instead of Daffodils.

I had a ****ing box full of them, literally thousands. I think it was1994 but it was the year Bjork had a Christmas hit with 'oh so quiet' or whatever it's called as I remember frequently being out and about having had a little tickle and that would be on the telly. Very vivid!!

My flat was the place to be, about half a dozen of us did them every weekend for weeks till they all ran out. Cracking times.

I used to love the footpath survey gig, what a place to work. Foot and mouth ****ed that up.

Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.