1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chief's big fat thread of fitness

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Chief, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

<laugh>.

I lift over 15/20 tonnes each day mate. All done by the clock. All by hand.

2. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Yeah I remember you saying it was heavy work

Knowing you though I bet you don't do yhd whole bend at knees, arms bent then lift <laugh>

I picture you as the sort of bloke who says "ave it" <laugh>

3. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In the gym every weekday now. Three personal trainer sessions - core, power and cardio or various mixes and then a run. Treadmill runs other two days - 1day intervals, other day long run. Havent felt so fit since I stopped playing footie 14years ago. Already lost 9kg - another 4kg to go.
    Never used a personal trainer before but highly recommend it. Keeps pushing me throughout 1hr session and makes sure I do everything properly.

Burly Hurley likes this.
  4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Kinetics<laugh> No good when when actaully have to work.. you can watch all the videos in the world. they are all ****, and count for **** all.

Libby likes this.
  5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Does he **** you off at the end?

PINKIE likes this.
  6. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Its a she and that’s extra apparently.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Doing similar plan. 4-6 days a week.

This week I am exercising for 6 days.

I did interval runs/upper body weights on Sunday (I never do heavy lifts, more conditioning and strength),
    spin/core/power/legs on Monday
    boxing/core/upper body weights on Tuesday
    tempo run, core, legs, on Wednesday.
    Today light upper body weights, Pilates
    Friday spin, core and lower body work, Pilates
    Saturday rest

How is your recovery? Tuesday I was ****ed! I overdid it on Monday and did not stretch enough

8. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

What do you do for a cut in terms of cardio? I found the best for me was doing my usual lifting stuff, just lower weight and higher reps and every morning spending 30 mins on the treadmill split into 15 mins very fast jog/sprint and 15 mins slow jog/walk 1 minute on 1 minute off if that makes sense.

I have always done this intermittent fasting **** that seems really popular now as I am never hungry in the mornings so only have a pint of water or protein shake for breakfast. So that probably has helped with cutting/losing weight in the past as I "fast" for about 18 hours a day anyway.

9. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I normally do loads of plyometric training and work on bags/pads. I'm rubbish on treadmills and rowers cos my attention span is non-existent.

The weights side I usually just do a lot of compound strength training, the high reps also seem to bore me, anything over 12 and I get bored of the routine fast.

It's a great time to do body weight work because as you lose weight it technically gets easier but you're getting stronger so there's potential for two-fold gains.

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Do you do your plyometric work and compound weights on one area of body per day?

Or mix it up?

11. Saintmagic

Tried plyometric stuff before, just felt like a load of jumping about, only did it for about a month though so didn't give it long enough to really see any huge gains. I'm the same on treadmills, 30 minutes is the longest I've ever been on one and that is HIIT stuff I mentioned before so I am usually too ****ed to notice how bored I am. **** rowing.

I still do compound lifts (basically only deads, squat, bench and military press) just do 12 reps instead of 8. Throw in a few isolation movements and I don't think you need too much more.

Trying to get better at pull ups as well and like you say now is the best time. Still using one of those bands atm though because I am a fat **** who can only do about 8 before feeling like I'm going to die and want to be hitting sets of 12-15. Trying to do 150 a day for the next couple of months and see where I am then, will probably up it when 150 becomes too easy, can't see that happening for awhile (without the band anyway).

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  12. Tel (they/them)

Plyo usually just warm up for leg sessions. I prefer bags and pads for cardio as I get that room to myself most days and I can use the speakers in there instead of my headphones.

13. Tel (they/them)

Pull-ups are a great measure for how far you've come (and how far you've fallen). I used to do 3 sets of 6 archer pulls at my very best, I doubt I could get even one single rep out today.

People tend to ignore the harder stuff when they're training and concentrate on what they do well. I used to look forward to training legs as it was the only group that let me know I was ****ed after a good session. Now not so much, it hurts and I'm getting older!

14. Saintmagic

I'm not so sure with the pull ups, it is just a measure of how ****ing skinny you are. One of my mates has barely ever gone to the gym and can bang out about 15-20 no problem. Came with me once and I was telling him about what a muscle up was and how you have to work up to it and the **** just went and did one (terrible form but the strength was there) "oh so I just pull myself up and extend from here?" ****.

It is a good measure for me though as I have always been pretty heavy, had my body fat tested when I was at uni for some project thing and I was at 13% but weighed almost 14 stone and that was before I had ever been to a gym properly. So pull ups I have always struggled with, at my best I think I could do about 3 sets of 10 of the bicep ones pretty comfortably and maybe a set of 8 wide ones :D I've never really concentrated on them though, just did them as a warm up.

Legs I only do once a week, I play football 3 times a week anyway and **** that when your legs are killing. They are my strongest muscle group as I played so much sport when I was young so they developed through that.

15. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Nice one mate.

Need to stop making excuses and get back in there myself! :(

16. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Recovery at first was difficult but less aches now. Found drinking lots of water the day after really helps. Drinking up to 3kitres a day not including other liquids. Also making juices with a blender. Kale/spinach/bananas/blueberries/pineapple/gojiberries/chia seeds. They all come out looking like **** (literally) but taste great and seem to help.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

10 miles on the bike this morning. Coast path and Moors are finally drying up a bit, so it's not knee deep in mud anymore.

18. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Good mpg?

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

10mpbb

(bacon butty)

20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes used to smash juices with nutribullet with similar recipe