1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cheltenham Town Vs The Gas Build Up/Match Day Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Feb 4, 2013.

?

Final Score

1. Cheltenham Win

2. Gas Win

3. Score Draw

4. Goalless Draw

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just turned my TV off now.:D

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

"And it was gasmen who smashed the station up robin, with cardiff. Just bitter a town can have so much better architecture and football team so no suprise if gasheads take out their resentment when they visit. Lock em up and get them doing litter picking."

Another Cheltenham fans post. :D You stupid chav muppet there's **** all in Cheltenham :D It makes me laugh when these piss pot little towns big themselves up.

Swindon, Yeovil and Cheltenham = **** all there and **** all has ever came from there and never will. <laugh>

3. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Just got back - the amount of pressure you soaked up was astonishing, your fans were brilliant, and you well deserved your point - hope the goal does get widely shown, it might have been a last gasp throw of the dice, but it was a beauty. <ok>

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

<ok>.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<ok> some of your fans dont half let you down on your other forum.

6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

<ok>.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

winding up a few on the OS forum - goal of the season thread pretending i seen the goal <laugh> come and join me seamge <laugh>

8. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Where's that, Captain? Have you got a link?

9. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

BBC Match Report

Oliver Norburn's stunning late strike earned struggling Bristol Rovers a point at high-flying Cheltenham.
    After John-Joe O'Toole forced Robins keeper Scott Brown into a smart save, the hosts went ahead when Shaun Harrad drilled home from 12 yards out.
    Steve Mildenhall then saved from Jermaine McGlashan to prevent the hosts from extending their lead.
    And with seconds remaining, Norburn's fantastic 35-yard effort gave his side a share of the spoils.
    Rovers are now unbeaten in four league matches, and lie three points clear of the relegation zone, while Cheltenham remain in third place, 10 points behind League Two leaders Port Vale.

Possession

Cheltenham 53%

The Gas 47%

Shots

Cheltenham 8

The Gas 8

On Target

Cheltenham 4

The Gas 6

Corners

Cheltenham 4

The Gas 4

Fouls

Cheltenham 6

The Gas 17

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

John Ward on last night's game

Rover&#8217;s manager John Ward was delighted with his side&#8217;s dramatic late equaliser at Cheltenham last night, which came courtesy of an amazing forty yard strike by midfielder Ollie Norburn.

Rovers had conceded a goal just before half time, but on the balance of play the least they deserved was a point from a hard fought encounter against a side tipped for automatic promotion.

They got it, but it was close, as Norburn&#8217;s goal was, literally, the last kick of an enthralling encounter.

&#8220;It was a fantastic goal,&#8221; said Ward afterwards, and while I know I am biased, we didn&#8217;t deserve to lose the game.

&#8220;I really did think we deserved to get something out of it because we had been positive, tried to take the game to a team I think will be promoted automatically and to get a point is a great result for us.

&#8220;As I said on Friday, we have a sign in the dressing room that says &#8216;winners don&#8217;t give in&#8217; and we are trying to be winners. We haven&#8217;t been in the past but we are trying to be now and if there&#8217;s one thing that&#8217;s certain it&#8217;s that.&#8221;

Returning to the theme of that goal, the manager said; &#8220;He simply had to shoot. Time was running out Cheltenham had made changes to slow the game down, but we were pushing forward and it was a long ball that led to a goal which would grace any level.&#8221;

His side had started the game in a positive mood.

&#8220;We have been positive about the game and the way we have tried to take the game to different teams but this is a big one because it&#8217;s relatively local and our fans meant that there was a great atmosphere inside the ground and I think it was a cracking game of football.

&#8220;In my view, a draw is a decent result for us.

&#8220;We were confident in the team and I think that spread out on to the pitch and we got something from the game which I think is fantastic for us.&#8221;

John's post match interview can be heard in full on Gas Player, as can a post match interview with goalscorer Ollie Norburn