1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cheltenham 2018: Antepost Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by DreverSpur, Mar 20, 2017.

1. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Superb article that boston, would put me off Altior at his price but less so NR as he obviously needs to improve..

2. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

"Sometimes, there are two races in one, like those involving Frankel, or when there’s a jockeys’ or trainers’ title on the line, or maiden hurdles in Ireland."

ooft, thunderous right hook out of nowhere from Lynch

Bostonbob and rudebwoy like this.
  3. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

Finished with ante post for Cheltenham. Have some decent one's and some awful one's.

Sharjah 10/1 Supreme
    We Have A Dream 8/1 Triumph
    Kiltuagh Vic 25/1 GC
    Coney Island 16/1 Ryanair
    Tiger Roll 25/1 CC
    Saint Calvados 8/1Arkle
    Edwulf 25/1 GC
    Kilbricken Storm 25/1 AB
    Yorkhill 12/1 QM
    Brain Power 12/1 QM
    Min 8/1 QM

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  4. DBWONDERLAND

DBWONDERLAND Member

Oooh i cant bloody wait fingers crossed the chelters acca comes off this year not like last year with melon in the first!! heres hoping we can all walk out of there with big ££££ so whos going this year out of you crazy cats?? 2015 was my first time there and my last horse was peace n co on fri 13th first race of the day and being ante post couldn't cash out! being frantic lending £ left right and centre to lay it well that was the hardest 4 min of my life needless to say i have no idea who or what won the gold cup or anything else tht day!! hopefully this year can reap again! with plenty a Guinness and whisky on the water!!

5. DBWONDERLAND

DBWONDERLAND Member

3:30 Cheltenham
    • 15/8
      Getabird
    16:10 Cheltenham
    • 4/6
    • Apples Jade
    13:30 Cheltenham
    • Enhanced Price
      4/5
      samcro
    15:30 Cheltenham
    • 4/9
      Buveur Dair

• well that's my crazy 4 hardly great odds! not like 2015 with douvy and ud and pnc and faugheen but hey ho that still returns nice profit to leave with

tward07 likes this.
  6. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

<laugh>

7. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Anyone else take Evens on Ireland winning the highly prestigious Prestbury Cup?! Probably the best ‘shortie’ of the lot that one....into 4/5 now though.

8. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You might be right. He might give Might Bite a fight <ok>

9. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Getabird 15/8 has to be the worse price fav of the festivel so far, ridiculous price.

stick likes this.
  10. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

It will be a very different festival for me this year. Permanently shut down my online betting account in April so no ante post bets and I will be at my parents in Sheffield for the Tuesday and Wednesday, so will be betting at the local Ladbrokes. I will let you know if they try and limit my stakes <laugh>

Pilgrim and tward07 like this.

11. As We Know

The JLT, Ryanair, 4 miler and Ballymore need scrapping. Meeting is far too diluted.

Supreme, Albert Bartlett, Arkle and RSA should be the only non handicap novice races, might actually get some proper match ups then.

12. As We Know

Day 1
    Supreme, Arkle, Champion Hurdle

Day 2
    RSA, Champion Chase, World Hurdle

Day 3
    Triumph, Albert Bartlett, Gold Cup

7 spaces for handicaps + mares hurdle, amateur jockeys, cross country, foxhunter and bumper

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  13. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Very good move 're no ante post bets..

What's your view on Definitly red now oddy? I recall you saying you didn't think he would be good enough for the gold cup but can pick up some nice grade 2 races...you still of that view?

I see Phil Smith yesterday came out and said that he expects definitly red to place in the Gold Cup. Quite a bold statement to make...the horse has now firmly put to bed the fact he does not act on the track, .big improver and with so many question marks about the Irish horses especially I wonder if everyone is under estimating him......

14. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I think he has run to a good level Captain and goes to the Gold Cup with a live chance. But I do think Native River will finish in front of him. Nice horse though and Brian Ellison does a great job with him.

15. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Of those I'd say Buveur D'air and Apples Jade would be banker material because they've got very little to beat. Footpad has a couple of lively sorts in Petit Mouchoir and Saint Calvados to contend with. Altior will have a race and although Samcro is the current reincarnation of Pegasus on your side of the pond I'd be very wary of backing embryonic chasers in the top novice hurdle races at Cheltenham. Denman got turned over by Nicanor in the Neptune and I doubt Samcro will be as good as him.

Ste D, beeforsalmon and Doalittle like this.
  16. beeforsalmon

I see Mullins has given Vroum Vroum Mag an entry this weekend (of course that means diddly squat from that yard!) so potentially Apples Jade might have more on her plate should the Ricci horse arrive at Prestbury Park. Take your point on Denman Chan, but their totally different types. Denman was a true stayer and would have easily won the 3m race, he got done for toe over a trip too short. Samcro possesses more way more speed, he won a 2m Grade One on the bridle (Denman would never have done that) so he won’t be done for speed. Out of those five, he’s the one who definitely won’t be beaten. Famous last words I know and will provide Boris a lovely signature should I be wrong <laugh> I won’t be though, he’ll piss up ;)

Chaninbar likes this.
  17. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

I like him just like everyone else but you’re really saying the only one who definitely won’t get beaten is the horse we know the least about that’s running against horses we don’t yet understand?

18. beeforsalmon

I’ve seen enough of him to know he’s better than what he’ll face in the Ballymore.

19. DreverSpur

DreverSpur Well-Known Member

I hope you’re right Beefy but On The Blind Side is a proper danger

beeforsalmon likes this.
  20. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

I'm not saying he won't win Beefy but I'd say he is vulnerable. I've got nothing to put up against him but I'll be there on the Wednesday so I'll see what all the hype is about first hand and attempt to secure a bit of ew value elsewhere.