1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelski

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by koskikabow, Nov 6, 2015.

1. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

Why is dirty diego , ( I wish he would - (die go) ) , not banned after his vicious assault on that 'pool player , ( not the one with a cue ). Although with him in their starting eleven there is a good chance he will be sent off - with Adam's persuadance. :emoticon-0125-mmm:

2. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Blimey KKB...what did you have for breakfast mate ??

3. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

I reproach myself , I did not write the truth of my regard for my fellow man. It was just a pathetic attempt at humour based on the actual letters that make up his name. It is inexcusable and I shall punish myself by only having four pints today.

4. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Shame on ye!!!

Tis the only possible sign of remorse to humbly partake of beer and I salute you for undertaking to wear that specific hair shirt.

As an additional punishment, I hereby sentance you to 4 pints of Hobgoblin.

Tell you what...we will go halves...its the guest beer in my local <cheers>

5. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think this match will be an absolute brawl if I'm honest.

6. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Far too sensible Smithers..its Friday, on with your beer drinking trousers <ale>

7. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Good win Guys!

We can't buy a pint, let alone a point at the moment<cheers>

nickyb likes this.
  8. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Arnie's goal was none too shabby and Ryan took no crap from the diving dago:)

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

The whole Stoke team should be applauded for their performance today , against what is a very good side. I will give a special mention of ' flat-face Pieters ' , ' trickery Shaqiri ' , ' BUT , none shall pass , LAND ' and , 'ARN u good AUTOVIC.
    This Stoke side will serve the fans well.

jowlermonkey and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  10. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Congratulations guys

Smithers, Taffvalerowdy and nickyb like this.

11. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Great result, great atmosphere. As well as we played as a unit, we rode our luck individually - not that Chelsea offered or deserved much.

I think after a great result it is easier to look where we could or should improve. I think Shawx has made a positive re-introduction into the team and we look all the better for it. I'm still not convinced with Wollie, on more occasions than reasonable he was left flat footed and failed to rotate and cover - I still think this pairing needs looking at if we are to continue with a positive goal difference.

I'll put my tin hat on for this but Walters was excellent in effort but poor in application. He lost the ball in dangerous areas, lacked pace off the last man and is simply not big enough to be a tradional centre forward. He also had 3 or 4 very good opportunities and didn't hit the target. We need to establish who and where our goal threat is.

Great result, great all round performance - shame we have an international break.

UTP

jowlermonkey and nickyb like this.
  12. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

KKB,
    Should that be triqiri Shaqiri.

13. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Agreed Smithers.

14. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

Forgot to say, immense performance and a brilliant result.

Oh and Smithers bang on the money again my friend!! <ok>

Smithers likes this.
  15. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

absolutely fantastic result yesterday and I must say I thought Shaqiri looked a completely different player, he was brilliant, a very professional and hard working performance from all of the stoke players with lots of quality going forwards. Shaqiri, Bojan and Arnie......................that has to be one of the best midfields outside of the top 4 surely?. I absolutely love watching stoke now and thank Hughes and the players for their hard work and the days of hoofball are thankfully long gone.........................oh and Costa is a complete twat.

UP THE MIGHTY MIGHTY POTTERS

Smithers likes this.
  16. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I thought Shaqiri caused them a lot of problems and was suprised to see him subbed to be honest. Arnie is one of those players that will amaze you one minute and then exasperate you another, but you often find that with flare players. His goal was fantastic but his failure to lay the ball of in added time was Sunday league.

I'm a massive fan of Bojan and he did some neat things, but I still think there's more to come from him. I wouldnt expect a player like him to have massive influence on a team like Chelsea in the middle of the park but he did his bit. Adam and Whelan were very disciplined and probably the unsung heros to honest - although Adam looks heavier than ever.

I think your right though Ricc, on their day they are as good as most in the league.

17. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

Apologies JM , my spelling , particularly with non-anglo names and especially at a time immediately after leaving my local , needs attention.
    Off topic - the next home game , S.Wed. seems a long way off , Southampton and Sunderland are just too far for my bladder to cope.