1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea vs Rome

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Oct 14, 2017.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

This statement is beyond ridiculous.

Trusting players or having options limited by squad depth is not the same as deliberately orchestrating bad results in order to get the sack. Seriously, what planet are you on?!?!? <doh>

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Get Baka injury free and give him a decent run alongisde Kante; and Matic will be forgotten.

However, stupid to sign 2 injured players, Drinks and Baka, to replace him. Would far rather we kept Chala than NM.

He was never the same for us after a superb 2014. He got sent off v Burnley Feb 2015 and was never the same

3. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Can still qualify for knockout stages and hopefully have kante and moses back soon for more options
    See what happens Sunday, also all players at all clubs are overpaid and sometimes don't perform well
    Spurs are being held up as some sort of football wonder club but I know who's fans have enjoyed the last 12 years more .
    Loved spike milligram ref by CP that's one for the youngsters .

4. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Sorry should have read Milligan but stupid auto spell on tablet kicked in ,maybe he would have enjoyed
    being Spike milligram and maybe Stan really likes fabregas but has an equally annoying auto spell
    and is continually thwarted in trying to post his love and admiration.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Stan spent most of last year moaning and doom mongering so I guess it was to be expected when we weren't rinsing the league!!!

If some of these 'fans' had to experience the 80's/early 90's they'd top themselves!!

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Keep telling my 21 year old son who came with me from 3 yrs old when he moans about a bad result he has never felt the pain .

7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Hit him harder then.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

absolutely.

Though I doubt he can be even remotely, as much of a wally about it as stan!! <laugh>

9. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Nowhere near he gets over it and marches on also only gave up season ticket when he went to uni
    And now he's working gets to the bridge when he can . Remember his first away game Wigan first game of the season
    he was 16 and we had won the Champions league, we would have thought we had died and gone to heaven for that game
    In the bad days

10. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Agreed- if we had finished in 6th there would've been more urgency to recruit quality whether we would've got them is another question given the ineptitude of Emenalo & his lieutenants. Matic wanted away his body language in the final against Gooners suggested as much; if Conte wants to salvage something he needs to take off his blinkers starting with benching Cahill and using Fabregas as an impact player - don't think sacking Conte will achieve anything but another short term management merry-go-round.

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be fair to Conte, I don't think Cesc would be starting in the middle if we didn't have injuries in that position. Kante out, Bakayoko has been recovering from a summer injury and Drinkwater only just back as well. In the long term I think Cesc will be impact player or played higher up.

Cahill probably could come out as well but Rudiger, Luuz etc have made mistakes of late as well. The Defence is a bit of a shambles all round at the moment.

In hindsight, letting Matic and Chalobah go to replace them with 2 injured players has back fired.

12. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

RLC been doing well aswell.......Maybe we should bring him and Tammy back?....Starting to wonder if we should go back
    to 4 at the back with Luiz and Christensen in the middle.

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

in what realm have you been living in that RLC has been doing well.

He has the grand sum of 1 assist (6 appearances), looked bright but ultimately missed all the chances that have come his way and the team he is part of is shocking (including himself) and are bottom of the table and even then grabbed the points when he wasn't a part of the side.

If we go back to a back 4 i don't think we can put Luiz there. Too indisciplined. I think he needs to recover if he is injured.

Tammy would be good to come back but depends if conte would really play him. I don't want to come back and do an Ake. Far better him getting first team footie at the swans

14. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Stats don't tell the whole story, RLC has been the stand out player for Palace. Benteke was missing some absolutely sitters before he got injured. They're a poor team but he's done alright and another one who could probably be a decent squad player.

Abraham should be in our squad now. Wasted 30m on Batshuayi who has his moments but Abraham has got a much more well rounded game and is better suited to how we play.

15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

from what i saw RLC was missing a bunch of sitters too :p.

where would RLC get in the team? he was useless in the few games he got with carlo and i still think he's useless :p.

Chalobah was the gem and i've been banging on about it ever since we got rid

16. armchairblue

You seen many palace games?.....Season ticket holders in my family,they all rate him.I'd have him in our side over fab 75% of
    the time.I'd have Luiz there with 2 DM's in front of him<laugh>

17. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Since we complain about squad depth he's definitely worth a go in our squad, wouldn't play every game but he could play midfield or in the front 3.

I agree with your Chalobah point, especially for 5m. We didn't work hard enough to keep him.

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

not really. Just the few times i've seen him turn out for chelsea and MOTD.

Think people like him cause they think he's a big lad with a good touch. Not for me. Maybe he's just young and that causes him to be inconsistent with what he does but not a fan. Even at palace presumably he's playing in an advanced role and not part of the midfield 2? He'd probably get in ahead of Cesc for me because he's got more presence (whether he'd have the discipline or the recovery to be part of the 2 is a different matter) but then again i think Contes got it totally wrong there and he should either have Luiz at DM (if not baka and kante) or he should drop willian in there

19. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I wouldn't have him ahead of Pedro or Willian or Hazard and arguably i'd rather go with 2 up top with Morata/Bats (we know bats is a wonder sub) than before RLC gets in. We're a counter attacking side and either we have quick inventive inside 10s and i guess conte sometimes puts cesc there (i dont like this) but cesc has that killer pass.

If we put our youth in there, would prefer musonda to get that opportunity first.

Hope he proves me wrong as if he's decent it'll be good for chelsea but i'm not holding my breath

20. armchairblue

One thing for sure is the 3 at the back thing is not working at the moment,is it because Kante is out?,i'm not sure.
    A win on sunday will make everything better!!<cheers>