1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea vs palace

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BobbyD, Nov 4, 2018.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think we'll be pretty busy in the summer as I think we'll unload a lot of fringe players. Partly due to being past their best and party due to not fitting in with the new system. Cahill, Fabregas, Moses and Drinkwater all possible candidates. Problem is, they are all classed as homegrown.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think we should go for Harry Maguire to replace Cahill.
    Then we just have to find an attacking midfielder and a decent striker.
    If we sell Cahill, Fabregas, Moses and Drinkwater, we will get about £50m for all those, not much for Cahill at his age, but we could still get £5m for Cahill, £10m for cesc, £15m for Moses and £25m for Drinkwater.
    Maybe stick another £10m on that and go for Maguire

3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Predicting 3-1 was awesome, did you get a bet on that scoreline? Palarse matched us with their fast runners to make it 1-1. However, when we made the double substitution with Hazard and Kovacic coming on you could sense that the Palarse players were feeling demoralized by their body language. Being able to bring on two world class players from the bench would be too much for most opposition Premiership sides to cope with.

Anyway, the chant at the end to the Palarse fans rounded off a great afternoon: “you’ve had your day out, now faack off home”. :1980_boogie_down:

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Agree with this, right now we can't see the trees for the wood. Slimming down the squad closer to the bone will light up the type of players we need.
    I do think there are suprises to come as Sarri improves more of our young and not so young players who so far have been little used.
    Zappacosta has caught the eye, Morata is sharper, and of course Hazard could be gone, along with Willian and Luiz according to the drums.
    Can't fault or complain about the season so far, way better than expected.

StanDMan likes this.
  5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

The double sub definitely changed the game for us. I know Hazard won the free kick and set the goal up but Kovacic was absolutely sublime, they couldn’t get anywhere near him.

StanDMan likes this.