1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea vs Genk

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by alexamuller82, Oct 19, 2011.

1. alexamuller82

alexamuller82 New Member

Chelsea vs Genk - Chelsea take on Belgian side KRC genk in the group stage UEFA Champions league game tonight at Stamford Bridge.

This is the first time both clubs will be facing each other, having no past encounters in any form of league football. Although Andre Villas Boas does know about our opponents having faced them in the Europa league last year when he was the manager at the Portuguese league champions FC Porto. The encounter ending with a 7-2 aggregate win for Porto.

Hoping Chelsea to put in same performance and looking for something like a 4-0 or 5-1 win for Chelsea

Do let us know what will be your starting line up for the game against Genk this Wednesday. Who will start for you? Lampard, Drogba, Luiz, Anelka..... Express your views and opinions on our Facebook Fan page

My starting XI would be - Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Malouda, Mata, Meireles, Torres, Anelka

Put on your thinking hats and predict the scoreline for this match... Just LIKE our Facebook Fan page and predict your scores...who will score first for Chelsea.. and express your thoughts and opinions on the match...

So get ready for some pulsating action at the Stamford Bridge. Come on CHELSEA!!! KTBFFH.

Follow me and my blog on Twitter - http://goo.gl/BAIzZ
    Follow the blog on Facebook - http://goo.gl/XHt5d
    Grab my RSS Feed - http://goo.gl/WSEcV

2. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

I know it's "only" Genk, but this is Europe...Look at some of the weird results against supposed minnows over the years...

All three goals so far were great finishes, but it is Romeu who is doing it for me at the minute...this lad could be a great player for us, esp if we keep him beyond the two year buy back period that Barca apparently have<ok>

3. gefinley

gefinley Member

Agree on Romeu. He looks to be the real. I'm now seeing why some people are concerned about Luiz defensively as well. I hadn't seen any real evidence of it before, but he has a lot of questionable tackling decisions.

4. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

Even Butch got on Luiz' case!

He also pointed to him playing DM, which I would have to agree with<ok>

5. The Ginger Marks

Spot on there SW <ok>

6. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

NOOOO Luiz is KING at CB, don't see why people think he'd do a better job in DM!!

I've said this before but he almost lost his position at one of his old clubs in Brazil because he was so poor in DM, all that is wrong with his game is his timing, I guarantee in 2-3 years time (maybe less) with the experience of the speed of the Prem, he'll be absolutely class and one of the best in the world at what he does.

7. gefinley

gefinley Member

I also agree with the sentiment regarding him at DM. It's almost how he plays a lot of the time already. Particularly tonight.

8. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is about Number 9 - Nando is back !!

9. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Great player in central midfield, David Luiz, has one problem for me and thats his tacking in and around the box!. He picked up another yellow last night, and I worry about how many penalties he'll concede and suspensions he'll collect. I wouldn't be without him though. AVB nedds to sit him down for a chat!

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Luiz is still very young and playing along side JT week in week out will bring him on loads. He just offers so much going forward as well. How many top long passes did he do last night? Room to improve but he'll be a Chelsea legend...I'm convinced of that.

But the main story is Torres, regardless of the opponent, was that the best Torres performance since he put 2 past us last year?? That first half was brilliant. Class, drive and 2 goals. Very pleased for him and he looked to be enjoying it.

11. webspider

webspider New Member

hello friends,
    Valencia striker Roberto Soldado remains confident his side can still claim a place in the Champions League knockout stages even though they have only managed to pick up two points from their opening three matches.

Draws with Genk and Chelsea combined with a 2-1 away defeat to Bayer Leverkusen has left Valencia second-bottom of Group E match heading into the return meeting with second-placed Leverkusen, four points adrift of the German side and five behind leaders Chelsea.

It is make-or-break time for Los Che, but skipper Soldado is in optimistic mood, saying in AS: "Even though we only have two points and are third in the table we still depend on ourselves and we are going to give it everything to win the three games that are left.

"There are nine points still available and we're going to fight for them with all our soul. First against Bayer, then against Genk, and by the time we travel to London the group situation could have changed a lot. This team knows how to compete and we're going to show it.
    "Let there be no doubts, we can qualify for the last 16.''
    thanks