1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea vs Arsenal: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Jan 17, 2013.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

What has age to do with it?

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

No it isn't... do you know what 'contradictory' means?

Where have I said there was no contact? You clearly haven't even bothered to really read what I wrote.

A 'subjective' TV angle?! I wasn't aware TV cameras had a mind of their own and could misrepresent light waves so that the image broadcast to a TV is different to what was filmed by a video camera. Do you know what 'subjective' means?!

I have the view of a zoomed-in clear and unobstructed video replay which I can watch as many times as I like. And again, I'll repeat for you, at no point am I arguing there's no contact. Have you even read any of the points I'm trying to make?!

The contact occurred because Ramires stuck his leg out at a bizarre and unnatural angle so that it could collide with Szszesny, thereby creating contact. You claim he 'slipped', I claim he did it on purpose. Neither of us will ever know who is right. But in either scenario it's not a penalty.

3. Spurs Disciple

Because I started supporting Stoke in 1963 and well remember the lucky ArseNIL in 1970's

4. Treat Williams

Treat Williams Well-Known Member

The problem with the 'slipped' claim is that his right leg moved forward when he touched the ball, then moved sideways in the air to meet Szczesny's. Feet can't slip in mid air.

You can see why it was given, judging by this angle:

please log in to view this image

... but, judging by the angle in the link I posted earlier (here for quick reference), it's obvious he took advantage of Szczesny's proximity to con the ref.

5. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

The irony of being called ArseNIL by a supporter of a team who have one trophy in their history.Still bitter about the 1971 & 72 FA Cup semi's are you ? Two nil and you ****ed it up <laugh>

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I agree. District Line won't though ;)

7. The irony of being called ArseNIL by a supporter of a team who have one trophy in their history.Still bitter about the 1971 & 72 FA Cup semi's are you ? Two nil and you ****ed it up

No not bitter, it just hurts. We have won more than 1 trophy in our history so please get your facts straight!

Best of luck tonight against West Ham. Enjoy the evening.

8. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I'd say the League Cup in 1972 is one trophy wouldn't you ?