1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Why do people get so stressed that a football manager or player talks to the media after a match.

It's part of their job as public figures.

Sure it's usually means very little and cliche ridden but they have little choice unless you have the power like Alex Ferguson.

Sky pay the money so expect to hear from people involved.

I suspect Pearson would rather be doing anything else !

yorkshirehornet and Hornet-Fez like this.
  2. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

We gave away at least 2 silly goals but for the most part I felt we played as a unit for a change against a side that were sharper than us and moved the ball quickly. We did not pressurise us enough when they had it though. For most of the second half the play was in our half but we dealt with that very well especially as I was starting to think 5-0.
    TD I am afraid looked unfit and tired and the lump it up to him tactic is not working.
    When he went off things changed and Welbeck looked really lively, I hope he does not get injured.
    I agree we have always been more effective when we use the wing backs supporting the wingers, esp Sarr who did not get into yesterdays game.
    We need 6/7 points from the next 3 games to be in with a shout.
    I wonder what the Pozzo's are thinking about Pearson's future, results havn't gone his way of late and I also wonder if they have a plan if we get relegated as bouncing back is essential.

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well Pearson is only contracted till the end of this season.

We have sacked/changed managers for less ..

Would be rather ironic if we did go down but kept the manager !!

He doesn't seem as motivated and not so some players I feel.

They weren't exactly keen on starting the season again and it's showing.

Key players look slow and unfit whilst it's Russian Roulette in the defence !

Nothing up front unless Sarr gets involved but I agree Welbeck ought to play more ..

4. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

I have felt that we have come back with an attitude that football is a secondary thought for several of our players and coaches. Just things that were said in interviews around the time football was confirmed to be restarting

Markthehorn likes this.
  5. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Just back from a weekend away in una hacienda / hotel for our 5th wedding anniverary. It was lush, unlike this results. However, I am not surprised. Norwich on tuesday, is it? Is now a MUST win or we are really in the ****e and probably going to go down.

yorkshirehornet likes this.