1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea V Villa

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Yes mate it was January 82 I remember snow on the Wicklow mountains. Black and Decker took advantage of the tax breaks for new businesses being given by the government and when the incentives stopped they upped sticks and moved to Spennymoor county Durham, I went there to reassemble the machine in its new home.

Naas Blue likes this.
  2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

39 years ago !!! Bet you're asking yourself...where the feck did they go !

3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Blimey, Hereford United and Hillman Imps. The 1976/77 season - old Div 2 - must have been Hereford’s high point in their league career and Chelsea’s lowest. I’m pretty sure Hereford United have been reformed and now play as a non league club. You should have bought a Hillman Hunter not a Hillman Imp - the Hillman Hunter was the most reliable carburettor car I ever owned.

Naas Blue likes this.
  4. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Not sure how far back it was but i seem to remember Hereford introduced a massive Hereford Bull onto the pitch by a man in a white coat. Was it a big cup match or something. Maybe it's me that needs the man with the white coat !!!

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

BB Hereford Utd went bust and reformed as Hereford FC. They were forced to play in the Midland Football League, I watched them a few times. They gained successive promotions and now play in the National League North. Still play in there original ground on Edgar St. You are wrong about the reliability of the Imp, it had the Coventry Climax engine that the fire service used to drive their water pumps, one of the finest. The problem arose was when its owners did not know where or when to change the oil.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

OR..... when too stop revving the bejesus out of it !!!!

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

......wasn’t the Hillman Imp prone to overheating and warping the cylinder head? As for the Hillman Hunter that I had, the mechanicals were superb, it was the bodywork that rusted away on mine.

My memory of Hereford United was the late great Ray Wilkins scoring a fantastic goal against them at Stamford Bridge. They were showing that goal on screens outside The Bridge a few years ago in his memory.