1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea V Villa

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Well for starters, it would be helpful if they were able to play together so Frank gets to work out his best set up and the players get time to become used to each other. Instead we have seen too many key players injured and unavailable. He did sort the back 4 out with great success, but has not had the same luck with the rest so far.
    Also he is trying to play catch up due to our year with no imports,, and has had Covid to deal with for most of his time at CFC. Given Klopps 3 year timeframe to fire up Liverpool, we are doing OK with lots to come.

Correction to previous post. I wrote" Havertz is not a player of great talent". Whoops, meant to delete "not" as he is obviously seriously good.

3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

It’s quite simple really for midfield. Drop Jorginho and play literally anyone else there. Keep Kante as a DM. Job done.

Blueman likes this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

Hallejulha, Jorghino is beyond hopeless.
    If it were possible, I would sign Pogba. Trouble with a capital T, underperformer of the highest order, but just what we need. Closest thing to Ya Ya Toure I have seen, and just what we need. Power, skill, goalscorer, game changer, for France, but not United. Kante would sort him out in 10 minutes .

Blueman likes this.
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

<applause>

6. Bullet tooth Tony

We have a perfect replacement. Gilmour. Play him in front of Kante I think it would work. Use 2 wingers and give Werner a shot in the middle just to see if he can cut the mustard in that position.

Naas Blue likes this.
  7. Chelsea Pensioner

Only a matter of time after his injury before this happens. The midfield sorting is urgent, and gilmour does really well feeding front runners. Then we should see Werner fire up too.

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  8. Bullet tooth Tony

Also Mount would benefit from having Gilmour as a centre lynch pin that can see a forward pass, instead of having to come back and create in the deep, though his best work is around the opposing penalty area. Passing leads to the creation of goals, so if you do not pass toward said objective your mission is doomed, can someone tell Ze Slug because he has no idea or sense of direction. Better than this, sell him to some poor unfortunate club that is desperate to buy an underperforming has been that makes Bakayoko seem like the bargain buy of the century.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Missed the City game live but just squirmed through the replay. This is getting past piss poor, what a lazy, gutless team we are .Like drugged- out retards, we walk and point our way around our own goal area, passing sideways ,taking 10 passes while waiting for someone, anyone, to break into a trot towards opponents goal. But no one does, so over to Chilwell who takes 2 paces forwards, stops and passes back to Silva. And that's it, that's our total attacking skill for all to see, and is repeated for the entire game bar the last 2 minutes. City meanwhile, like a knife through rancid butter, cut us to ribbons with lightning running and 2 simple passes and then do it again and it's 2- zip. Both goals straight through our midfield which is our major area needing upgrade.Then a balls up (near our own goal of course,) and in a flash it's 3-0. Meanwhile we wait patiently for someone in dark blue to run, but it doesn't happen. Second half sees City get bored and start taking the piss, nearly scoring 3 more anyway, before Mount (our only player with drive) races TOWARDS Citys' goal, crosses a perfect ball, and CHO slots it away with aplomb. Moral of the story is, bring in more Academy kids until our £200 mill imports hopefully turn out to be footballers after all.
    Chelsea Player Points.
    " Nil Point" for all except Mount who gets 5 and CHO 4.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Bristol Blue likes this.
  10. Nikhil Joshi

Nikhil Joshi Member

had no idea that Kante struggled so much against City, his form has been terrible of late

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Never seen a Chelsea team with so little fight to be honest, couldn't even say we were unlucky because on another day City would have put 6 past us CHO did well when he came on but City were in cruise control by then, a side thought though. How did Rodrigo get away with studs head high and then dragging them down on Kovatic's chest? Not even a yellow bemuses me. Anyhow as painful as it feels at the moment (For us not Kovatic). I'm not giving up yet as I know a couple of good results and we'll be back in the mix, I keep reminding myself of driving to Hereford to watch us play in the old 2nd division just about avoided relegation to the third tier that year, must have been around1976 My Hillman Imp broke down/blew up on the way home piston rod went through the crankcase. Hoping to avoid losing to Morecambe in the FA cup, a draw would be a good bet the way things are just now.

Bristol Blue and Naas Blue like this.
  12. Chelsea Pensioner

BTT you made my day again !!! Can just imagine you doing a John Cleese to your Hillman Imp, by the side of the road in pouring rain. Did we win or lose against Hereford??
    Anthony Taylor has previous against Kovacic, and was pretty slow on the whistle to award us frees all day.
    We should play our under 21s against Morecambe, at least we'd get to see some skill and attacking flair. The first team could all have a courage transplant and watch a film on the difference between walking and running, and why backwards is not the only way to pass. I understand green and red lights will be installed on goals at The Bridge to guide them in the right direction.

Naas Blue likes this.
  13. Bullet tooth Tony

I was 18 yrs old CP we did win 2-0 I was with a fellow fan and we had to thumb it home, thankfully it was a late season game and the weather was fine. Borrowed my brothers van the next day and towed it home. Found a new engine and was back on the road a week later. Looks like we are going into full lockdown in England again CP, Boris is saying Elite sport can continue during said lockdown, not sure CFC can be considered Elite on recent showings mind.

Naas Blue likes this.
  14. Chelsea Pensioner

Pleased everything ended well !!
    We've had a blow up of covid here too. We have as you know, States in OZ with borders usually marked just with signs. But Politicians have seized the chance to "shut the Borders" and show what big toughies they are by "keeping their people safe" !!!! Now NSW has had a major (for us) spike and people from Melbourne, up there for holidays had 24 hrs to get back or face 14 days Quarantine. 30,000 made it and of course, one or two went shopping, pubing and now after 110 Covid free days, Victoria is now back to stage 3, masks, no visitors etc.
    However , like your Hillman Imp , CFC will be back on the road in a week, with a new engine, and hot to trot.
    Running off the ball is our biggest failure, we just don't do it, and it's no point playing Werner in the middle if all we do is chuck over crosses from the sidelines.
    Much, much faster from the back, someone in midfield to head straight towards goal and get Chilwell to keep going ,not stop and backless too Silva.That should confuse opponents who all know what we always do.

Naas Blue likes this.
  15. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

...one or two went shopping, "pubing", is that what they call it over there !!!...:emoticon-0112-wonde....dirty feckers !!!

16. Bullet tooth Tony

CP watched a Big Bash game on sky today and there was no social distancing in Hobart, do they have it beaten there. Naas Blue, is that Naas Ireland or a play on words?

17. Chelsea Pensioner

Tasmania has been completely Covid free for a few months, as is West Australia and South Australia. Victoria was until Xmas but now has 10 cases all quarantined and all from returning travellers, and 3 cases also quarantined but still being contract traced. That's down from 40 odd last week so should be cleared up by next weekend. NSW had a big outbreak at Xmas a couple of hundred cases so all States closed Borders to people from NSW and that's why so many Vics were scrambling to get home !!!
    Qld has no public acquired cases , but about 6 cases ,all Quarantined , from returning travellers. (From Overseas).
    Boxing Day test v India went with a few thousand spectators all separated etc and now the Teams are in Sydney, but that might still be canned if NSW don't get things under control. Ditto for the last Test in Qld, Bugger of a thing this Covid for World sport. Just heard the Aussie GP for Feb is off and Aussie Open Tennis for late Jan also under pressure to cancel.
    If they pull the plug on PL games I'll finish up having to watch Bull Riding from Texas or Curling from Norway !!!!

18. Naas Blue

It's Naas Ireland BTT.

19. Bullet tooth Tony

I stayed in Naas around1981 mate was installing a machine in the Black and Decker factory in Kildare, it was round the back of the racecourse spent a week or so there then got the ferry back from Rosslare spent the crossing getting hammered with a load of Welsh guys that had been there for the Rugby, got breathalysed on the M4 next morning barely passed. Remember I was driving the gaffers XR3i so it didn't take them long to stop me and they would not believe we hadn't been to the rugby despite my accent.

Naas Blue likes this.
  20. Naas Blue

Yeah the Black and Decker factory was just outside Kildare Town and close to the Curragh Racecourse. It closed down 1984. I did a bit of research on the rugby... that would have been January1982 you were over as 1981 was Wales hosting Ireland. Ireland won the 5 nations in 1982 but missed out on the Grand Slam..being beaten by France in the last game. The Welsh Boyos you met would have been drowning their sorrows as they were beaten 20-12 in that game !