1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v United

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by chelsea - over 100 years of history, Apr 17, 2015.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Big big game for us.

A loss could let United in and before a very big derby against Arsenal next week as well.

Most of us would take a draw and most people are expecting us to set up for a draw.

Just found out United have a few injury concerns though and may need a re shuffle from the team and system that has served them so well of late. No natural holding midfielder available and Rooney perhaps having to play deeper could help us.

From sky...

Michael Carrick misses out at Stamford Bridge with the calf problem that forced him off towards the end of Sunday's derby win over Manchester City, and Van Gaal will also be without Phil Jones (ankle), Daley Blind (ankle) and Marcos Rojo (adductor).

2. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

Robbie Savage things you'll be happy just not losing this tie.
    Beating United in style will pretty much seal the PL up for you.

The bitters wil point to other games you won but struggled in of late to get the winner or that you didn't win 4 0, yet with United that was a mark of Champions. <doh>

I don't expect Chelsea to steamroll united at the Bridge, but this is an opportunity to show Chelsea are the undisputed best team in the league. Player confidence after this win will pretty much sew up the title race. After playing to not lose against PSG, I thnk that lesson must be learned, go for the win and stake your as outright champions.

Do that and the belief will carry into next season. Lose to United and you'll be apprehensive of them next year.

3. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

Shame Jones isn't playing as he is the slowest carthorse and least talent in the league today

4. BBFs Unpopular View

Jones?
    please log in to view this image

King Ossie64 likes this.
  5. King Ossie64

6. BBFs Unpopular View

I love that one, those Beaker is probably a better CB, Jones is a big clumsy dope to falls over the minute he gets touched.

King Ossie64 likes this.
  7. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

8. BBFs Unpopular View

I do like that one :D

Though Oscar gets the blame, Oscar even fooled his team mates into thnking he got crippled. The ony person in danger was Zlatan, oscar almost done him as it turned out.

The terry baby is excellent<laugh>

9. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is going to be a tough game, but one I am sure the blues will come out on top of. I'm confident we can set up a winning streak to the end of the season if we get 3 points tomorrow.

The loss of Carrick is a big deal. Again its a team game but we saw what happened to Chelsea when we lost Matic. Losing a big man in the centre really can expose a team - I hope it will be in our favour.

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Carrick is a massive loss compounded by Blind also being out. Never seen Herrera play holding mid and doubt he has the descipline to do so but may be worth a try with ADM taking his place on the right.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

This will either be a complete bore fest or the Jose of old will reappear and spring a surprise. Take your pick. Mine is safety first from us, with all the usual suspects in there to "track back". Expect to see Ramires, Cahill, Terry, Azpi Ivan and Matic as a steel fence, the midgets buzzing around the sidelines, Fabregas keeping some control, and god knows who up front trying to score off crosses and corners.
    Don't think we'll see Zouma or Luis or anyone who might give us some thrust.
    I wouldn't blame Jose for these tactics, much as I loath them, we are close enough to touch the trophy, and now is not the time to try new things. That time was weeks ago and we lost that chance.
    In truth it's hard to see a win for Chelsea, just the probability of a risky draw.

12. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I would like the champions elect to show what they are made of in their own backyard but I think that even against a seriously weakened side Jose will play not to lose. <ok>

13. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

I'd like United to play the free flowing football they used to but I expect they will play the new style of hump it up to :afro: and play off the flick on despite spending nearly a billion on flair players.

12 months ago :afro: was chastised by all at United without exception. Who would have thought that he'd become the linchpin in the LVG tactical masterclass?

King Ossie64 likes this.
  14. Christiansmith

That is why LVG will own Jose today ;)

15. King Ossie64

<laugh><laugh>

16. Christiansmith

Jose has been very successful over the years parking the bus against the good teams. So it is totally understandable if he carried on the same today. Why change a successful formula just to provide entertainment for the fans?

The points are all <ok>

17. GazFormidable

GazFormidable Active Member

Apparently Mcnair and Smalling at CB, Rooney is deep in midfield and Falcao is up front.

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Nice one.

19. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Got Rooney 3-1..... £450

20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

And?