1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Southampton 02/10/21, 3pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by tomw24, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Not sure how much more time Adams needs. Think we just have to accept that he isn’t going to be a goal scorer at this level. On his day is a good player, but scoring goals is not his main strength

2. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Yep I agree with you. I remember watching his highlight reel when he signed and so few of his goals were clean strikes, they were scuffed, hit into the ground, deflected, anything but sweetly struck. But he will get a few for us this season and I don't know how many of ings goals he was involved in directly but I would wager it was a large chunk. I thought he was excellent partnered with Ingsy, hopefully Armstrong learns to play off him the same way.

garysfc likes this.
  3. rednright

rednright Well-Known Member

We were never going to beat Wolves......unfortunately we turned a cast iron 0-0 into a draw with (yet again) weak defensive display. Ralph doing his best (although he has to play a Left Back imho) but we do not have the fire power. We will dominate a lot of games this year and loose because of that.

4. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

We did that a lot last year as well (although apparently it’s irrelevant as this is a new season).

Felt like most games in 2021 last season we dominated first half and didn’t take the lead and then played like idiots second half and lost.

The Newcastle, Everton and Wolves games were similar this year. Maybe not the huge drop off in the second half in terms of performance, but that we should’ve been pretty much out of sight by half time in those games and weren’t

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah he's a very good footballer but definitely not a natural goalscorer at this level.

6. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

If we had Ings or a goal scoring midfielder it wouldn’t matter. But we’re not exactly brimming with goals these days.

There’s only so many times we can say this about our attacking players “good player but not a natural goal scorer”. Some of them have to be good at scoring goals. It’s a bit like saying a keeper is a good player but does let in a lot of goals.