1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Oct 31, 2017.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

As did Lampard.

But United always try to park the bus at the Bridge tbf.

The only time you attack is when we play with 9 men

bulletinthehead likes this.
  2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

No. He'll want you to call him uncle and you'll do that unless you are a despicable asshole.

Give up mate. We'll take a bit of wumming from Chelsea fans as they beat us (deservedly). Not from a fan of the one man team we turned over at OT. Bitterness is an ugly trait <laugh>

glazerfodder likes this.
  3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Great game chaps,hope you all enjoyed apart from the result of course<laugh>.TBH can't see either team catchin City,
    but we'll both make top 4.What did you lot think of Morata?

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He's not as tall as Lukaku. 6 out the 7 players Jose has signed are between 6'1 and 6'4 apparently.

United fans also sing that Lukaku has a bigger member.

City smallest side in Prem, and smallest major side in Europe except for Celta Vigo.

5. Christiansmith

And with a smallish "member" ? :bandit:

Mind you, I read somewhere that the Greeks (in their hey day) valued small "members" as their statues showed :bandit: City will be well in there

6. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

Lucky for you it is small, as you are getting dry bummed with it

7. Christiansmith

I think you will find we have not met each other yet... But the RS have and (together with the Londoners) have been shafted so violently that they have not been able to sit down for days <laugh>

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

<laugh>

9. I'm not wumming. That isn't something I do anymore.

Just because I write things that you would rather not hear, that doesn't mean that I am wumming.

It demonstrates a level of denial that disappoints me. I expect it from Mousers, but not United fans.

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

There is little point in posting on here, the fair weather United fans like UIR @Treble etc have all moved clubs and won’t be back until United win the league again every season

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He made a couple of mistakes but overall Morata was superb, really worked had and had a massive influence in the game that included that winner.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, considering his injuries, adjusting to the Prem and Chelsea's average start, he has done well. Hopefully he will start linking with Haza too. Papers saying Emenalo wanted Lukaku, Conte wanted Morata. Who knows though?

13. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<laugh> Lottery numbers please.

14. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I'm still not sure who got the better deal with the whole Lukaku/Morata thing, but the early signals suggest Morata will be the better signing. He's certainly looking a good signing anyways.

To be fair to Lukaku though, I do think Mourinho's tactics at times don't always suit a striker who is ultimately going to be judged on the number of goals a season he scores.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I haven't really watched Morata a great deal but they both look similar to me in that both are streaky and neither is especially clinical and need a few good chances to convert one.

Based on very recent matches though I'd say Motata is marginally the better of the two as Lukaku appears a little lost and has **** all touch or finesse to speak of.

You also can't have a striker who is supposedly dependent on another player (Pogba) to be any good.

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He will smash in a few against lesser opposition. And turn those draws from last season into wins. When Pogba is back, he/United will be OK

17. Christiansmith

It is all supposition but it cannot be coincidence that Lukaku's drought coincided with Pogba's injury. Pogba whether we like it or not creates chances for him. We could always say that a tsriker should not be dependent on another to score goals but the reality is that without Pogba we hardly create any chances. Mikhi's form has dropped significantly and Herrera is more Matic than Pogba.

When Pogba comes back, we should be getting more from Lukaku (fingers crossed). Zlatan coming back should provide us with more options too.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I would right now play Zlatan at number ten and bomb Mhkitaryan out for ever. That swap certainly suits Mourinho's MO of having big men in the team!

Zlatan behind Lukaku with Martial and Rashford either side and Matic Pogba at CM should work a treat.

Ultimately though i believe we need one of these much fabled No 10's long term (Griezeman maybe or even Ozil) as Mhki isn't up to it and Mata can't get past Mhki, which is damning in itself.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  19. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Isn't Pogba meant to play that role with Matic and Herrera doing his dog work?

20. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Herrera is only in because Pogba is out